•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Hamme Hydro

Cannabis Shortage Canada

I've read here and there that since cannabis legalization in Canada, there seems to be a weed shortage. I was wondering, is this true? And if so, can Canadian growers now make a living from their hobbies by helping to supply the needs of the potheads? Or does Canada hire foreigner growers that know a couple of things about hydro? Google told me they do, but that sounds a little too good to be true, which mama told me it usually isn't then. So, that is why i am checking with you guys. Do you Canadian grower benefit from legalization or not? 

They just have to step over to Michigan, we have plenty lol sorry I just had too lol. I had no idea, first I heard they were running short.

• Haha 1

Yes i read they have a shortage of weed in Canada and if that is true they need not to be laughed at but all the help they can get! ;)

Everywhere that has made it legal for recreational use has had a short term shortage. It will take a while for them to figure out the market. I’m sure the commercial growers have already ramped up. Good time to get into the business. 

If they let the common man supply, and not have to go through all this hoopla with the law, there would be No shortage.

• Like 2

I agree, but the only way they can keep track of every cent in taxes, is to regulate the hell out of it. Legalization is not for the people, it’s for the taxes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I cannot imagine that pot smokers would settle for some sort of McDonald's weed, grown only for the masses. They want diversity and that is where the smaller grower can jump in! I mean, why not? You won't harm the big growers at all, to them it is small potatoes when you sell a few pounds. 

Wrong, all they would have to do is take it in from the growers, test, tax and sell it. They could have done that here, and we would see no shortage in the dispensaries. Right now they are allowing caregivers to supply, because they screwed around getting the licenses approved, not enough licensed growers to supply. Issue solved, let those who are growing to continue to supply with Tested product. No shortages.

There may be a shortage of recreational "legal" weed but there's definitely not a shortage of weed. Black market is thriving as it ever was. The greedy suits who took over the weed business shot too high and thought people were dumb enough to pay crazy prices for schwag. They even created a monopoly where I'm at where you're not allowed to buy any weed unless it comes from the government run monopoly. You cant grow any plants unless it is from "certified" seeds that the licensed producers provide (60 dollars for 4 fems lol). They are allowing private stores to open but the stores only have one supplier they are allowed to get off of (guess who?!)  it's all a huge mess and is beyond pathetic if you ask me.

Nobody is going to pay 80 dollars for 7 grams of irradiated outdoor grown weed that doesn't get you high when you can easily get twice the amount or 4x+ if you know someone. Weed has always been cheap in Canada no idea who the hell these people think they are thinking they can double the going price when they have absolutely nothing to hide from.

I even read recently that one of the suits was whining because black market is destroying their business. Boo hoo for him, we don't need any snakes in the business that had zero interest before it became a possible massive money maker. None of this would have happened had the government consulted and included growers into the framework. After all these are the people that have been fighting for this plant for decades unlike these greedy POS

This whole mess is constantly making me roll my eyes. I hope all the LPs crash and burn but it is unlikely.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cannabis-ceo-pleads-for-ottawa-to-shut-down-booming-black-market-094043361.html

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Oh yea it does, it wiped out the little guy ever having a chance to sell it legally. If they did like I said, much fairer playing field. They put too high price tag on it for selling it. Heck black market is alive and well, they put too hard limits on it to stay totally legal. Most do the best they can, but it is a catch 22 in a lot of states. Outdoor grow, almost guarantee bust, but yet we have a law that says we can grow, but we can only grow 2.5 per patient, if a patient and have full ticket at 5, you still can only have what is called a Michigan pound, 15 Os.

They don't allow offing normally, it was deemed illegal, they are trying to save face right now, because not enough to Legally supply the dispensaries. Only reason why they are allowing caregivers to supply.

Bunch of hypocrites.

I don't trust them I think they are recording names of those who are supplying.

Now we have a lot of Huge corporations who are taking it over. They are pissed because caregivers are allowed to sell without being taxed, written right in our law. They are crying foul since now rec can gift. Boy are they pissed! ha ha ha Fuck em, money grabbing asswipes

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Here you go @Hamme Hydro

With medical marijuana approved by Michigan voters in 2008 and recreational use winning the nod at the polls this past November, the industry is up and booming in the wolverine state. Detroit residents, for example, enjoy the services of dozens of marijuana home-delivery businesses.

The businesses are technically unlicensed and illegal. Michigan's government has struggled with a huge backlog of applications for marijuana business licenses, and regulators drag their feet on creating the rules they plan to inflict on recreational sales. So entrepreneurs and their customers moved ahead without waiting for permission from lazy, obstructionist bureaucrats. The black market is how you get things done when government gets in the way.

Things will improve only if Michigan politicians and regulators learn from experience elsewhere. California, Colorado, Oregon, and Washington led the way on legalized marijuana, and all found early on that intrusive regulations, high taxes, and obstructionist bureaucracy have much the same effect as outright prohibition.

If politicians and regulators want marijuana dealers and their customers to operate legally, they must make the legal market an attractive alternative to the tried and true black market. That requires them to get out of the way and stay there.
  • Like 2