•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

I am a Veteran in Virginia that is retiring from professional life to focus on my health, which includes the use of Cannabis. Because it is still ILLEGAL (even CBD oil!) in Virginia, I went through the motions to obtain a permit to use CBD and THCA only to be told I couldn't get it yet... Since I also own a small farm, I found that I could now register to grow and process "Industrial Hemp" as long as the THC content is below .3 %, so I am now waiting on those permits and have also contacted the University of Virginia to participate in the only research program in Virginia I am aware of that is studying the medical aspects of Cannabis here. I have also built out a small grow and processing room.

What I need now is Seed and/or Clones! I have found some local growers. However, I am finding that they all seem to require large purchases of 1000 or more clones or prices as high as $500 for a few seeds. My next step is to contact them individually to ask if they would make an exception in my case as I just want to keep a few mothers of particular strains that work well for PTSD, Anxiety, etc. But before I do that, I thought I would post here and get some suggestions since I am so new to the culture. I had hoped this would be as easy as buying regular cannabis seeds but it isn't nearly as straightforward with "hemp." So it looks like I will just have to grow and try several strains to find ones that work best.

Anyone have knowledge in this area to help a guy out?

Thanks very much!

16VAFDB08-359 [41537]_edited.jpg

IMG_0332-640x480.JPG

• Like 1

Cool place you have. I have also looked into “hemp” seed. And certified seed is expense because of the quantity required to order. Price per seed it’s still much cheaper than what we use. 

Keep in mind that most “hemp” for CBD plants can and may produce more than .3%THC. You must test the plants and harvest before they exceed the legal amount. Anything that tests higher is required to be destroyed. It may take a few grows to learn the plants and be able to harvest them at their prime to avoid loss do to too high thc. 

I am working on getting some industrial cbd hemp. I’m trying avoid having to do a $1k perchase also. Big dollars to see if its what I want. It may be beneficial to go to an industrial hemp farm and talk to them face to face. Explain what you want to do. People are usually more willing to help when they talk to you in person. Never know, you may be able to walk away with a few hundred seeds to get you started. From my research, they are growing both male and females and letting them get it on in the fields. So any grower should have pounds of seeds from every harvest. 

Once I get mine, grow it and get tests done, I’m willing to help you out. Check your local ag laws and make sure you are not required to have certified seed. That could be the killer for you. Here in Cali, we only need to be registered if we are growing commercially. So certified seeds are not necessary. 

Good luck and hope you are able to get everything going. 

Happy Grows

I am moving this topic to general talk section.

Ladies n Gents, please place new topics in their appropriate place to avoid any misunderstanding.

MAD LOVE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2019 at 6:57 AM, Weed for Warriors Exchange said:

I am a Veteran in Virginia that is retiring from professional life to focus on my health, which includes the use of Cannabis. Because it is still ILLEGAL (even CBD oil!) in Virginia, I went through the motions to obtain a permit to use CBD and THCA only to be told I couldn't get it yet... Since I also own a small farm, I found that I could now register to grow and process "Industrial Hemp" as long as the THC content is below .3 %, so I am now waiting on those permits and have also contacted the University of Virginia to participate in the only research program in Virginia I am aware of that is studying the medical aspects of Cannabis here. I have also built out a small grow and processing room.

What I need now is Seed and/or Clones! I have found some local growers. However, I am finding that they all seem to require large purchases of 1000 or more clones or prices as high as $500 for a few seeds. My next step is to contact them individually to ask if they would make an exception in my case as I just want to keep a few mothers of particular strains that work well for PTSD, Anxiety, etc. But before I do that, I thought I would post here and get some suggestions since I am so new to the culture. I had hoped this would be as easy as buying regular cannabis seeds but it isn't nearly as straightforward with "hemp." So it looks like I will just have to grow and try several strains to find ones that work best.

Anyone have knowledge in this area to help a guy out?

Thanks very much!

16VAFDB08-359 [41537]_edited.jpg

IMG_0332-640x480.JPG

Ola ameigo

Do this 

Order 5 or more dinafem WWxxl auto flowers from attatude seeds

In 10 days  you have your beans

78 days later you harvest lots

It done right expect at least 80 grams per plant

There are many options

Many many cool things

My advise is to get you stocked up soon

And then you can play

Hope this helps

If you want to see WWxxl

I post ya a pic, insane plants

Seed to harvest in 80 days

There are tons of strains

But WWxxl is very stable

Uniform.

If using soil I suggest Foxfarm happy frog and tiger bloom for flower

Fish emolsions works well for veg period

Well that's my 2 cents

Good luck and welcome

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been busy this past week!

Thank you for the help and suggestions. I am happy to say that I believe I can put all issues to rest now. My grow room is pretty much ready to go; I have everything that I need except a frame for a DIY press; i'm preparing my garden for planting; and have located two sources for seed and clones. Both will allow me (as a vet or patient) to purchase without the minimum requirement, but have some restrictive contracts. I'm cool with that though... It allows me to learn how to grow and provide meds for myself. Maybe even give me a source of retirement income if the opportunity presents itself in this new emerging economy in the state.

I also have some pretty detailed resource material to read on the .3% THC content requirement. @Justcozz mentioned this in his response. If I am tested and the find my grow to be above .3% they will require me to destroy the crop and, if they feel it necessary, they can revoke my permit. The strains from one of the sources i've located provides very detailed grow records and estimates to help me along with that.

I am required to keep a log and submit grow reports every year and I am subject to testing, but they evidently do not provide additional details on that. Guess I'll just have to wait for a call or a knock on the door. The other growers I am in touch with have not mentioned being inspected and I have not had a chance to ask them yet.

As for the grow log required, the Virginia Department of Agriculture and others provide a "template" that one of the universities uses but they clearly state it is not a requirement to use it. So I believe they would except an online grow record as long as it provides the substance of the information they are looking for which is straightforward stuff.

So now I have a ton of things to do since it looks like I will be able to get a crop in the ground this year after all!

Glad you are getting the information you need. I’d shy away from online grow logs. If and most likely when an inspector decides to check out your operation you will want all information in one local spot. I’d suggest a stand alone computer and hard copy file system.

I’d keep all federally legal cbd hemp records away from any site that discusses illegal cannabis. Also, with a commercial cbd hemp farm, I wouldn’t suggest growing any thc plants at all on the premises. The last thing you need is the fed ag department to shut down your entire operation because of a few weed plants. 

Very glad you are able to get seeds without having to abide by minimum orders. That is huge. 

Good luck with your adventures, sounds like you are going to get this thing going in no time.

happy grows brother.