•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

JetDro

Jet's Octopot run starts now........................

DSC00003.thumb.JPG.f069ce41a38bb5cf6e8d73b4350aa563.JPG

After seeing Papalag's woes trying to root in these, I went a slightly different route. Cut's in Rapid Rooters under a dome for several days, then weaned off the dome. They went 2 or 3 days with no dome, and 1 of the 4 cut's to be placed had a root sticking out of the RR this morning. I stuck all 4 cuts in the Octopot's today..............not using a dome. 1/2 gallon of feed went over them from the top, put it on slowly and only right down the middle of the pot, hoping to "lead" them to the res, lol. :) As I said, only 1 of the 4 showed a root, but could tell by picking them up that they were"bound" in the RR. Be interesting to see how long it takes them to hit the res...........The 4 are: Chucky's Bride F2(mine), a friends cross, StarDawg x Cloudwatcher, and 2 of my Goji X Holy Grail Kush's. I WAS going to ruin Barrie's Boudica F2.....................but the Goji is just too good not to have 2 of them in here....................The Boudica's will be run under an extra T5 I have, going to flower them under it, never have tried the T5's for flowering, should work just fine as long as I keep the ladies small and short.

DSC00004.thumb.JPG.9d6bb403d41efb0d863e8eeca27fa4cb.JPG

The Mom's are happy and chilling under the T5's. I WANTED to cross my Goji x C99..................but the only C99 seed I had just refuses to pop!!!! All of the Goji X HGK seeds have been FEMALE...12 of 12..................either some real good luck, or somehow these are FEM seeds......................The Sannies Jack I cut back, and is under here trying a RE VEG..................is ALREADY throwing VEG branches, only a few weeks after being under there. A few more weeks I can pull a VEG cut off her, and make a Mom of the SJ.

Should be 3 or 4 of us around the same point with the Octopot's........................................going to be cool watching each others grows, hope all of the others post up as they go, and I hope ALL of us nail this run!!!!

Peace,

Jet

• Like 3

I just saw in a forum on FB, a guy had like 100 or something, in those little domes, they all rooted for him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

I just saw in a forum on FB, a guy had like 100 or something, in those little domes, they all rooted for him.

Got a link???

• Like 1

Looking good bro nice line up 

can’t wait to see the show 

I ran 30 clones in 1/2 gal pots under t5s I got 5 &1/2 ozs it was a lot of fun

Edited by Papalag
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Papalag said:

Looking good bro nice line up 

can’t wait to see the show 

I ran 30 clones in 1/2 gal pots under t5s I got 5 &1/2 ozs it was a lot of fun

Never tried to flower under the T5's but it should work just fine. ANY idea of how far down they will penetrate??? I assume I will have to keep them pretty short.

• Like 1

1 gently used Octopot and all parts needed ready to head your way Mr. G. Hope you enjoy using it............:)  You never picked 2, so I did for you..............:)

Do not have a box to put it in but will find one. Doesn't weigh much, should not be too much  $$$ to send...............

DSC00001.JPG

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JetDro said:

Got a link???

I think you would have to belong to the forum. Funny another person here is in that forum lol We just me the other day. There was not much info, just a pic and he said how many, think he said 96 rooted, and a pic of them with their domes. :)

• Like 2

Hi jet when I flowed them I kept them short and the light about 4 inches from the top buds were airy but still good 

• Like 3

I would think flowering under T5s, scrog would work best. That would allow you to keep the lights right on top of the plants. No need for light penetration.

• Like 3

Yep, he’s going to have Mr G doing an octo run too. 

Im pretty excited for these things. Now I just have to figure out what I want to grow in them. 

Happy grows all

• Like 5

1 day in the Octo's..................2 are pretty happy.................1 is so so.................1 is not having a good time of it.......................gonna be cool to watch them struggle a bit, then take the F off!

That is my plan anyways.............................hoping it goes my way...................:) Friday (yesterday) was day 1................lets see how long it takes them to find happiness.

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00002.JPG

DSC00003.JPG

DSC00004.JPG

Come on lil one.....................YOU GOT THIS!!!

• Like 7

I KNOW the "look" ....all 4 of my cut's are going to be just fine. They have either hit the res, or their roots are down far enough to be in wet soil. They are "setting up" for their big show.

Tomorrow night will be 7 days in, THESE 4 have taken pretty quickly..........thinking Rapid Rooters under Dome until roots start to show, then into Octopot IS the way to go. From past runs, I know I will see an explosion of growth within the next 7 or 8 days.................READY to get this show on the road.

I did screw up however.................I had 2 Goji mom's.............like a dumb ass I see that I took BOTH cuts off the same plant.................instead of 1 of each to see which i prefer. Guess that is not happening. I have yet to have a less than stellar Goji......................so probably no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Pretty soon I have to decide what I am going to do with these.................mainline, screen, 2 or 3 top hacks......................I am really not sure what I am going to do. Going to watch Papalag build a "screen" as he is just ahead of me and I have never run a screen before.

This weekend I am taking cut's off all my Mom's, and turning them loose under a T5 H.O. to flower out....they are getting out of hand already..................

I will ASK AGAIN................ANYONE KNOW WHEN I could place plants outside without them going into flower????? I am near Houston.........

Peace,

Jet

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00002.JPG

DSC00003.JPG

DSC00004.JPG

• Like 5

Wow, they are looking good. My pots should be here tomorrow. I have to go out of town for the weekend, so I’ll be getting to start playing with them next week.

• Like 3

I am pretty well set now. Took cuts off all I wanted to, cut all the Mom's back and set them under some T5's to flower out. The 4 in the Octo's are doing just fine, they will begin to get trained or topped this coming week. While they are vegging (under T5's also) they were joined by a few other's I recently started(??????) All I need to do now is make a 18 hour "Mom" place with a small fluro...............

The bushy thing under with the Octo's is a really nice Chucky's Bride male..................not sure what I will do with him, but he is being kept for sure. I also started 3 more of my Goji cross........so I shall have 5 different plants to pick a good mom from .

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00003.JPG

DSC00004.JPG

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Papalag said:

Looking awesome!

YUP................I am good to go now......................:) I am getting tired of constantly watering however................and the 12 mom's put to flower are in small pots..........meaning gotta water every 2 days.....................At least the octopots do not need me so I have the time to jack with it all.

Gotta figure out what to do with the Chucky male. Flower him out solo and gather pollen???? Really not wanting to devote another room/light for him, but want to use him!

• Like 2

Since it seems the powers that be did not want me crossing my Goji to C99..................so...................think maybe the Chucky male X a few of my Goji......................the chucky was stronger and more tasteful than the c99 was anyways............................

So, guess I have to sit down n figure WHEN to set him to flower.......................knowing I have 5 different Goji's , 2 of which will be turned within 2 or 3 weeks time. HHMMMM........

ANYONE good on collecting pollen...................I am not........................could use a point in the right direction on how to do this..........................Bueller...........................................:)

• Like 2

If you put those Octopots into flower, would they completely shade out the plants you have in pots below them?

• Like 2

Jet I built a 2’x2’ x3 box with a t5 for a male room I do both veg and flowering in the same cabinet I just trim off almost all bottom branches and just keep them small and super crop the main stem I use a small shoe box like plastic tote and just put it under and shake it in to the tote I only collect a small amount to hit a bud or 2  I have kept some in the freezer for 3 months and was still good 

bro if I can figure it out you sure can and I am a bit clumsy 

peace 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Misterdirt said:

If you put those Octopots into flower, would they completely shade out the plants you have in pots below them?

YES they would completely take the light from those below. 
Those are just hanging in there saving me from having to use a light just for them........................when the Octo ladies flip, they will be moved.

• Like 3

Can’t wait till my cutting take root. I wanna get the rest of my octos going. It sucks having empty pots sitting waiting for me with nothing to put in them. Maybe I’ll start a seed in one and see how that works. Should be pretty similar to the seedling I put in the one. Makes me wonder how far the tap root will go before she pops soil. Just in plugs, my tap roots will sometimes stick out the bottom before the top breaks soil. 

Maybe we need to start an all things octopots thread. A one stop shop for tips, experiments, screw ups and of course general Q&A. Growing in them seems pretty straight forward, but we all questions when we first see them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Justcozz said:

Can’t wait till my cutting take root. I wanna get the rest of my octos going. It sucks having empty pots sitting waiting for me with nothing to put in them. Maybe I’ll start a seed in one and see how that works. Should be pretty similar to the seedling I put in the one. Makes me wonder how far the tap root will go before she pops soil. Just in plugs, my tap roots will sometimes stick out the bottom before the top breaks soil. 

Maybe we need to start an all things octopots thread. A one stop shop for tips, experiments, screw ups and of course general Q&A. Growing in them seems pretty straight forward, but we all questions when we first see them.

I think a seed would do well in one...................but have never tried it myself. I pretty much use REG seeds, too tough to let one grow out in the ocoto's and be a male.

Seems like placing in the pot's as soon as roots show is about as good as we are going to get W/O FEM seeds being used.

Agree...............we need an Octo thread of it's own, where we can all post up what we are doing, instead of having to go through 5 different threads. Maybe we should start one.

:)