•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

JetDro

Jet's Octopot run starts now........................

I do not think Papa's Punch connotes a MALE PLANT.....................do you Papa???

1 hour ago, JetDro said:

I do not think Papa's Punch connotes a MALE PLANT.....................do you Papa???

I agree, no more than Sannies Jack says “I am a boy”

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Justcozz said:

YEAH....................good point....................Sannie's Jack........................NO ONE thinks that is a male strain...................................

I assume you KNOW Hamme and I are just messing with each other.............................you know..........making friends......................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JetDro said:

YEAH....................good point....................Sannie's Jack........................NO ONE thinks that is a male strain...................................

I assume you KNOW Hamme and I are just messing with each other.............................you know..........making friends......................

Hamme Hydro and I have a “love to mess with each other friendship” we will always give each other shit about anything. Its all love and respect, though I do believe he gets butt hurt easily......:whistling

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Justcozz said:

Hamme Hydro and I have a “love to mess with each other friendship” we will always give each other shit about anything. Its all love and respect, though I do believe he gets butt hurt easily......:whistling

UT OH..................hope I didnt butt hurt him yesterday when I said WTF does some foreigner know.....................was only kidding.................certainly he must know that, if not, he will figure it out dealing with me..............LMAO!!!!

MY BUTT DOES NOT GET HURT..................................by anything said here.............so everyone is FREE to fire at will on me...............:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/27/2019 at 6:57 PM, JetDro said:

The T5 H. O.'s are starting to impress me. I have known for the 2.5 years I have owned them how well they veg plants. Nothing works better. Maybe not as fast as a MH over head, but CERTAINLY tighter, thicker, squatter little ones come from my T5's.  They set plants up perfect for big HPS's or LED's later on in flower. I have 4 of them, and love 'em.

This is my 1st attempt at "flowering" under them. Just HAD to see for myself if it is worth even doing.  After watering them this morning, I took a real good look at them. They are "praying" to the little T5!!! All of them are. EXACTLY as they do to my monster DE Gavita HPS that is now over my 4 by 4 Octo Scrog. I know from just my own grows and general consensus that it is certainly a sign of HAPPY plants, and PLENTY of PAR!  I LOVE to see my ladies PRAY like this.............

DSC00001.thumb.JPG.b12cd681d3f034d59f4663a39b324d3a.JPG

Did some digging around online after seeing them act this way................checking out the T5HO's..............there is some general knowledge that the VERY equal distribution of light from the long T5 bulbs, as apposed to the centered blast of my HPS flame thrower,  can, IF the lights are kept tight(mine are just 2-3 inch's at ALL TIMES) , throw a near equal PAR number at the CANOPY TOP............where it actually counts. Since I am on a screen, do not need the deep penetration of the HPS at THIS POINT anyways, I could not be happier with what is happening right now.

What will be cool to see is IF they can sustain the good growth through flower, and actually produce "decent" sized Buds. I realize these plants were turned really small, and they are only in 1 gallon pot's, but I have been keeping them well feed n watered, so I am not expecting Sannie's Jack Cola's...............lol.................but something decent sized.

If they can produce that, I am going to run another run with them...........they throw virtually no heat, make no noise, easy to deal with, and cover a nice area...............for a screen I mean.

DSC00002.thumb.JPG.61a202f42f64a7b839819a17d57ce8de.JPG

Actually, looking back at my past grows, for 21 days in(flipped the 6th) they look pretty similar to what I had under my Gavita at this time point. So, be really cool seeing if they have the PAR to pack some weight on in the up coming weeks............

Lil Bud above is my beloved Goji X Holy Grail Kush...............have a "MoM" of her, and she looks really good(just like every other one of these I have grown and not been smart enough to Mother) . I KNOW exactly what this plant should and would do under my Gavita HPS..............so she will be a good "standard" for me.

Peace,

Jet

Looking great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gardener said:

Looking great.

Yeah, really impressed so far with the little T5's. Hope it keeps up through 6 more weeks..................:) That would be really nice...........

6 hours ago, JetDro said:

hope I didnt butt hurt him yesterday when I said WTF does some foreigner know.....................was only kidding.................

I shot people for less! :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Justcozz said:

Jack is usually a boy and since Mary-Jane is a female, come up with a more suitable name, please!!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hamme   this is the modern age what’s in a name  remember the song  the boy named sue 

should we be gender specific they are  regular seeds 

possible names 

• SPG 

• paps punch 

• sweetberry 

• sugarG 

• Goji gets hammered 

lol 

peace 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You convinced me Papalag, i reacted a little old fashioned. I like the names you came up with but how about 'a sweet momma packed with some serious heat around the waist' for a name? Short names are so 2018. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Hamme Hydro said:

You convinced me Papalag, i reacted a little old fashioned. I like the names you came up with but how about 'a sweet momma packed with some serious heat around the waist' for a name? Short names are so 2018. 

Whoa, hold up.....MrG said only two worded names this year. 

Im boycotting names with more than 2 words and 4 syllables. And it should be easy to type without abbreviations.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Liking this more and more every damn day...................WHY I had never tried this before is beyond me.........:verrygood 24 days in

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00002.JPG

• Like 10

That looks fun. I've never done a scrog. I gotta try that someday.They look awesome.

peace

• Like 1

You're getting good coverage on the screen. When I tried it there were, uh, shall we say 'gaps'? I over estimated how something would stretch.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Misterdirt said:

You're getting good coverage on the screen. When I tried it there were, uh, shall we say 'gaps'? I over estimated how something would stretch.

It could be much better, but for my 1st attempt I will take it. I started too late, then had to remove a male(doh) plant. It is a learn as you go deal it appears.  There are a few really thick even area's, and a few a bit sparse. Unless viewed straight down like that, I could not tell there was any holes open. From the side it looks more dense.

I am attempting it on a much larger scale with the Octopot's, pretty scary just how long these plants will have been in "veg" time when screen fills and I flip them. Will be 3 times the size they would have been turned at in my normal method. It is either going to be a big failed and tangled mess, or a big win. Right now I would not hazard a guess, and every day I go still in veg makes me cringe, lol.  I can see now it will take about 2 weeks time I would guess, for the 4 plants to fill the screen pretty well. That would be like a full MONTH longer than I have ever veg' d in these pot's.  Had I veg'd for 6-8 weeks time W/O training under a net..................well, I would have 15 foot plants.........and I am not joking. So, worried about containing this "screen" when it is full and they go berserk in the flip. I am looking to the positive side, as when I started on the lil "Mom" screen above, I had NO CLUE it would end up looking like it does now 3 weeks in!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

That looks fun. I've never done a scrog. I gotta try that someday.They look awesome.

peace

THIS lil screen is FUN. It really is NOT a true SCROG , my big Octo screen will be however.

These were my original Mom plants. When they got decent sized I took cuttings from each. They were all cut n bent and "wide" little plants when I decided to flip them. They were grown from seed to produce cuts so they already had a bunch of stalks. I flipped them, then a week after that, decided to do the net. So, the plants do not "travel" much, just kind of bent and "splayed" out under the screen for a week to achieve a few new bud sites, then allowed to come up through the screen. Pots are small, only takes 1.5 gallons to water everyone every 2-3 days.

I am already SOLD on this method, regardless of what these lil "Mom's" finish out like. The way they spread out, the way all the buds are fairly uniform and catching the exact same light, the ease of it ONCE the training is over. I feel like the screen will hold the buds up through finish, and it will take not much effort from me. Pretty much everything below the screen is gone, nice n clean down there, kinda looks funny till you get use to it, and realize HOW GOOD airflow is to all the plants. :)  IF this Mom run does not produce excellent buds, I will chock it up to using T5's for flowering. From the looks of them now, I do not see that happening.  The big screen with the Octopot's could be amazing................IF, and a BIG FRIGGIN IF, I do it right. It is not as easy on the big screen, but I figure if I error to the too full OMG what have I done side.................I can always hack it back into some sort of order..................

• Like 4

Hey Jet,

My next grow will be a scrogged sativa from ACE seeds called killer A5 haze.

I contacted Chris at Octo and he assured me the octo's were very capable of handling this kind of grow.

Edit: I plan on one plant in a 4X4, so we will see very soon.

• Like 3

Jet, are you planning on making any crosses with the plants in scrog? 

With my scrog, which happened to be my first grow, I pollinated one branch of buds on each plant. The numbers of seeds were crazy compared to doing one branch on a naturally grown plant. My Sannies Jack gave me about 1500 seeds and the Kinky Blaze gave me around 1000. Plants I’ve grown since, non scrog, have yielded only about a third of that. I think it has to do with the plant being “tricked” into thinking every branch is a top. That branch is getting full nutes and light, unlike a lower branch on a reg grown plant. 

So, if you have some pollen, maybe this would be a good time to do some dusting.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, overlord said:

Hey Jet,

My next grow will be a scrogged sativa from ACE seeds called killer A5 haze.

I contacted Chris at Octo and he assured me the octo's were very capable of handling this kind of grow.

Edit: I plan on one plant in a 4X4, so we will see very soon.

4x4 scrog is no problem for one plant. I vegged 2 plants under a 5x7 screen for 89 days, using soil in 10 gal pots. Each plant covered about a 3.5 x 3.5 area. That was my first grow.  In Octopots, I bet I could have covered another foot or so in that same amount of time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Justcozz said:

4x4 scrog is no problem for one plant. I vegged 2 plants under a 5x7 screen for 89 days, using soil in 10 gal pots. Each plant covered about a 3.5 x 3.5 area. That was my first grow.  In Octopots, I bet I could have covered another foot or so in that same amount of time. 

I have done many scrogs, but I was concerned about a large sativa in a 6 gallon octopot. Chris says this is no problem & the octo will handle it well, his only advice was about when to flip, since sativas of course can stretch a lot.

I will caution you on over filling the screen. I did this once in the same 4X4 with mandarin cookies. 4 plants which i weaved back and forth until the screen was completely full, then let grow 6 inches above the screen before flipping. While I kept everything nice and level, once the stretch started some of the colas grew faster than the rest, which shaded out a lot of the smaller ones. What I ended up with was a lot of nice colas and a lot of the typical shaded popcorn stuff.

Fill your screen, but don't overdo it leave plenty of room for light to penetrate. 

• Like 1

I agree with  overlord  you need to control the height

I normally defoliate at the first week and keep bending  through the 2nd week as well 

I try not to let them get too tall I only have Total 60 inches in height but if they do super crop the hell out of it bend and break as needed  

treat them rough lol 

it can get out of hand but I am looking forward to seeing my screen full 

this is going to be fun so many people trying an octo-scrog  all about the same size 

I see a crap load of buds in all our future :j

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Justcozz said:

Jet, are you planning on making any crosses with the plants in scrog? 

With my scrog, which happened to be my first grow, I pollinated one branch of buds on each plant. The numbers of seeds were crazy compared to doing one branch on a naturally grown plant. My Sannies Jack gave me about 1500 seeds and the Kinky Blaze gave me around 1000. Plants I’ve grown since, non scrog, have yielded only about a third of that. I think it has to do with the plant being “tricked” into thinking every branch is a top. That branch is getting full nutes and light, unlike a lower branch on a reg grown plant. 

So, if you have some pollen, maybe this would be a good time to do some dusting.

No, no crossing on this screen. My pollen donor is still holding tight to his dust...................lol............

• Like 3

No fooling around on this run. The new Mom's and the Papa's Punch are now out of the Octo's way, chilling out under the T5's.  The PP's are all strong n healthy, throwing HUGE leaf's for such lil seedlings(and under the HPS bulb) .  Gonna grow them out a bit, train, take cuts, flip the ladies, just like the "Mom" screen now. If it finish's well, then T5's over their heads, if not, a Gavita .

The Gavita was cranked up 2 notch's(can goo 400/500/600/750/825) to 600 watts, and since the 4 ladies have shown no light poisoning or melted fans, I lowered it to 23 inch's off their heads. Will check them in the am make sure they are good, but since the screen will keep them from going up closer to the light, I should be ok.

All 4 ladies are to the screen and beyond now. Wasting my time tucking every day, so now I will let them come up through a hole maybe 3-4 inches(day or 2) then tuck.  They have kicked into a higher gear, are now sucking from the rez at a decent rate, and I have been slowly taking stuff out from below the screen. Learning as I go.

I am still thinking about the flip. I believe I will flip when about 65-70 percent of the screen fills. The plants will be touching each other by then, and most likely growing like friggin weeds :)   I will post up here and Papa, Cozz, Hamme, Tread, DD, Tiger, and others can chime in and help me decide when to do it.

I like the shot from square on over it, can see the whole screen. I will take the rest of the shots as it fills up from the same angle.

This is a bit different than I am use to. Since I am bending and twisting, and tucking, the growth is not immediately apparent. I do not see the vertical growth, and the plant stays busy making all manner of side branch's and new bud sites.  Very different, but every few days, WHEN you let them "breath" a day or so and come up through the net, I see what they have been up too under that screen,lol.

DON'T grow your seedlings under HPS lighting.............. :( Too lazy to actually hang a veg setup, so they were grown under the HPS and at quite a distance. They are very healthy, and have HUGE leaf's, they just look stupid........all tall and totem pole like.............Now under the H.O.T5's they will slow down, get trained, and give me some cuts to run.  I cannot wait till the "Mom" screen is finished..................not so much for the bud,  which will be nice, but to hopefully reduce my Mother number!  Thinking I have 10 Mom's and 8 PP's.  ALL of the Mom's are in the "Mom" screen, so I will get to see who gets kept and who can go. REALLY SAD part is this: The Goji is ALREADY in my big screen, in fact 2 of the 4 in the big screen are Goji #1. YUP, not even smart enough to have run 2 DIFFERENT plants..............even though I have 5 different Mother plants. Would SUCK to finish the Mom screen and find out that Goji Pheno #1 sucks!!! That would be horrible, 1/2 of my big screen covered in shitty Bud................LMAO!!!!  I did it because I have not had a bad Goji from these seeds.  All 5 of the Mother Goji look pretty similar, so I just picked the stinkiest one..................it should work out.........................:smoke The Mother plant in flower of Cloud Watcher x Star Dawg ( 1 is in my big screen too) STINKS. OMG, i pinched a leaf off the plant and shook it..............swear to God it smelled like my old Kawasaki Mach 111 500 TWO STROKE bike when at full song on the pipe..............NASTY ASS fuel/chemical FUNK.................could be a good or bad thing. I once tried some Killing Fields grown by another, was a "green" pheno. Thing tasted like ROCKET FUEL ....................I just could not smoke it. Hope this CWxSD cross of my buddies does NOT have that taste/smell. ANYONE else here tried the KF that tasted like fuel, I mean like rocket fuel, or 200 proof moonshine??????

Peace,

Jet

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00005.JPG

DSC00007.JPG

• Like 5