•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

gardenartus

‘Kid-Friendly’ Strain Names Outlawed in Oregon

This is getting ridiculous.

‘Kid-Friendly’ Strain Names Outlawed in Oregon

They can give children Speed by pharmie companies that is fruit flavored and shaped.

The time has come in Oregon to say goodbye to some popular strain names. So long, Girl Scout Cookies, Grape Ape and other names deemed “attractive to children” by the Oregon Liquor Control Commission, the agency responsible for state’s regulated marijuana program.

• Like 1

i bet the ban will be lifted as soon as pharma-companies come in with their CBDproduct-range for kids, lol.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, santero said:

i bet the ban will be lifted as soon as pharma-companies come in with their CBDproduct-range for kids, lol.

LOL you are probably right!

I can understand not wanting to make it look like candy you buy off the shelve, but then in turn they have pharmie drugs, vitamins, all kinds of things in those shapes, which any if a child ate too many at once could die.

But strain names? For real SMH. If a child ate a bud, about zilch would happen. If the child knows how to smoke, done deal already lol. Assuming they are gearing this toward young aged children, a lot would not even know how to read the strain name! lol

• Like 2

I completely agree. If someone is choosing weed because is a cool name, then they are already choosing to buy weed. 

Like cigarettes, remember when “Joe Camel” was banned because they claimed its marketed to kids? The law still prohibited kids from buying cigarettes, so how is it marketing to kids when it’s illegal for them to have it. 

How many of you know a minor who started smoking because of marketing. “That’s a cool camel, think I should start smoking”.... bullshit

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Justcozz said:

I completely agree. If someone is choosing weed because is a cool name, then they are already choosing to buy weed. 

Like cigarettes, remember when “Joe Camel” was banned because they claimed its marketed to kids? The law still prohibited kids from buying cigarettes, so how is it marketing to kids when it’s illegal for them to have it. 

How many of you know a minor who started smoking because of marketing. “That’s a cool camel, think I should start smoking”.... bullshit

i completely disagree. we live in a society where to get along we go along...and weed is considered cool to kids...now this kid heres of this cool purple punch strain,and how he would be so cool if he had some to show off to his buddies

cause kids watch tv,read and listenlitte sponges.....and if a kid wants something they will find a way to get it

• Like 1

How many of you know a minor who started smoking because of marketing. “That’s a cool camel, think I should start smoking”

thats exactly how many kids started smoking in the 50s,60s,70s and 80s bro....EXACTLY!

I drank and smoked cigarettes because I got it from my Parents, I used pharmie meds from my Grandma's medicine cabinet. I smoked weed when MY Friends introduced it to me. TV never made me attracted to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Boredom and curiosity got us as kids back then ( not much happening , or to do )

kids now aren’t board , they got plenty to amuse them and they can see the affects on YouTube without having to try it first hand , they then make the diccisson for themselves , cool names don’t really play a part , until they are already smokin etc

peerpressure also plays a big part but less nowadays I think 

music nowdaysis a big influence 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Peer pressure or parental influence. Kids that are directly exposed to cigs, weed, alcohol etc are the ones who started using them. I don’t know of anyone who started because they saw it on movies, TV or in ads. I’m not saying that watching James Dean with a cig hanging from his mouth didn’t have some influence, but I don’t believe kids went nd got a pack of smokes just because of marketing. 

Much respect, but Sorry @Toker, I just don’t believe it, not for a majority....marketing may have influenced their choice of brand, but not whether they started in the first place. 

All my life, every person I know that smoke cigs, had someone in the home or someone they spent a significant amount of time around that already smoked.

• Like 2

Zittles comes to mind a kids treat ,I’m old and hearing that name brings a dribble of spit leaking from the corner of my mouth!

Purple candy another mouth watering strain guess that’s why the rooms full of it at present ! I’m a sucker for candy.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, yahooman said:

i completely disagree. we live in a society where to get along we go along...and weed is considered cool to kids...now this kid heres of this cool purple punch strain,and how he would be so cool if he had some to show off to his buddies

cause kids watch tv,read and listenlitte sponges.....and if a kid wants something they will find a way to get it

By that logic kid hears kooters cool

Cause it is lol

And he wants kooter bahaha

Get where im coming from?

All kids of shit is made cool

I remember young boys trotting thru jungles with cool patches and leaving cool ace of spades cards on their kills

Where does it end?

Cool graphics of fighter jets

Im calling bullshit Oregon

Heres why

I tell my kids whats cool

Not society

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Justcozz said:

Man if we go down this road where will it end

Whos definition of cool

Who defines what cool is...

9 minutes ago, shiskaberry savior said:

Zittles comes to mind a kids treat ,I’m old and hearing that name brings a dribble of spit leaking from the corner of my mouth!

Purple candy another mouth watering strain guess that’s why the rooms full of it at present ! I’m a sucker for candy.

Fuck the children lol

Sumbitches taking over the world

Im being facious but toker likes skittles?

• Haha 3

Exactly Toker, the gov needs to stay out of the discipline of the child, that is up to the parent, unless they are shits for parent.

Your other remark, I have nothing to say lol

But hey you be looking good in purple there. WTH has happened to folks avatars!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Who knows web designers can and will surprise you sometimes ! When signing in today I noticed the brighter more vivid screen  and a drop down tab that was new up top main page ! 

• Like 1