•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

gardenartus

Germany: Drivers on cannabis will no longer automatically lose license

Drivers caught driving under the influence of cannabis will no longer automatically lose their licenses. Experts have argued that cannabis users can still have THC in their blood even days after consumption.

First time offenders of driving under the influence of cannabis will no longer have their driver's license revoked, a federal court in Leipzig ruled on Tuesday.

Instead, driver's license authorities must first declare with a medical evaluation whether or not the cannabis user was fit to drive.

Germany: Drivers on cannabis will no longer automatically lose license

That is going to be the biggest hurdle with legalizing. There is no “good” test to determine how “impaired” someone is by their thc blood content. I could smoke all day every day for a week, and not smoke anything for 3 days and I’ll still be way over what the law says I can have in my system. Of course 3 days without taking any MJ and I will not be impaired whatsoever. 

I think that is part of what’s holding up legalization in many states. IF, they come up with a field test like a breathalyzer, that works, the states will come around.

They were trying to figure it out here, had a road side testing, test, and they finally called it real. They dont' know how to test, and none are accurate, half the state is on medical. They have decided they can not pull a limit of what would be impairment, so instead just if you are a reckless driver, etc, they will do observation and testing similar to alcohol, as in observation.

They stop me and give me a sobriety test of walking I would fail lol me and my doc joke about that ;)

• Haha 1