•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

saxo

tiny worms in soil

Maybe some predatory nematodes would take care of them.

• Like 1

...ok,they not realy looks like pinworms i´d say. not sure if theyáre bad to the plant/beans ???..probably they are!

worms3.JPG.731aa7b601ac2ee07821899123951f83.JPG

looks like,they go inside the cracked shell to fest upon.....or they come out of it ???  .......thats kinda intresting!

gonna seperate the pots witout worms from the "probagator?" and watching it......i do not think,they gonna infest Me lol

• Like 1

My guess is they hatched in there. Cut it open. There's probably a maze of worm tunnels throughout the cotyledons.

• Like 1

Yeah, I bet they came with the beans or got infested while sitting around for so long. I'm guessing they're using the bean to hatch and grow. I'd cut a bean or two open and look inside. Either the eggs were laid inside the bean while it was young or on the outsides of it?? The small larvae need some source of nutrition to start life, and they seem to be congregated around the beans. Probably not the soil but if it's been sitting for a long time it's possible eggs were laid in it. Do you have any soil from the bag left to look at? Or any beans not used yet? 

I'd cut open untouched beans and examine the soil before going it goes into the pot. 

It may just be in the soil. Maybe they're attracted to the beans for food. I can't find any info of a worm using the bean as an incubator. So, maybe it is in the soil from just sitting around not being used. They'll probably disappear on their own. Good eye to catch that, though. I'm not sure I would have seen them.

peace

• Like 1

ok,i did it!

worms4.thumb.JPG.280decc72bcd349855de120aaaaf8017.JPG

...this is a beer cap-for size comp. The tiny worms sitting on the inside the seedshell and feed of the seed.

worms5.JPG.9ba5737ca5552c9466fa639ac477035b.JPG

...looks like,they came with the beans. when moistured them,the worms came to life (?) if it´s larvas would be intresting to see...what they become?  but i gonna burn them or something!!

worms6.JPG.e77ff38f8cac018141f5329d461412aa.JPG

......looks like a bowl of Klingon Racht  :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

I don't know if you have the equivalent of "agricultural extension" offices or agencies in Germany, but if so, they'll tell you what they are and how to control them.

• Thanks 1

MMmmmmmmmm. Klingon Racht!

Glad you solved it bro. Makes sense to me. I'm surprised I couldn't find anything about it, but it could be a number of things. Lots of insects lay eggs on or inside things that will nourish the young larvae when they're ready. 

I learned during homebrewing beer, that anything old is at risk of infestation. Weevils will infest a bag of grain if not sealed properly.  Fresh is always best!

peace

• Thanks 1

@Misterdirt ja,i was thinking about the same. would be cool to know someone in a bio-lab

@Mr Goodfellow that right,seems like Rhizinus/Castor have no critters ....maybe a special north african vermin,the www don´t know about :ph34r:

• Like 1

Take it down to your local collage. I’m sure they would be willing to check it out for you. I’d definitely get rid of it, last thing you want is for some infestation that you can’t get rid of. Identifying it would give you a head start in case it is something that will eat your whole garden.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, saxo said:

@Misterdirt ja,i was thinking about the same. would be cool to know someone in a bio-lab

@Mr Goodfellow that right,seems like Rhizinus/Castor have no critters ....maybe a special north african vermin,the www don´t know about :ph34r:

Maybe the beans weren't invaded until the beans had gotten older and lost their insecticide side, lol. Then when the the beans seems like just beans, mom said, ahh, this will do. Squirt.

peace

• Like 1

they are dead now! i put the beans and the surrounding soil in a glas of paint-thinner...i didn´t want to just throw it the trash can.

wormsdead.JPG.fc398601507fc43159443cbc72cc2012.JPG

• Like 1

Glad they are gone. It would still be interesting to know what they are. 

• Like 1

Who would have guessed worms don't like paint thinner?

Oh. Saxo would. Never mind.

• Haha 2

I am having a canon built in Missouri right now, I know how to kill those bastards. Hahahaha