•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Toker

Explain the price of hash

If the formula that I've seen to get hash is correct and say you have 10% THC and an ounce of bud

One could expect 2.8 grams correct?

If correct then hash should cost at least 150 a gram to get any kind of return.

Am i missing something?

I almost bought a 120 and 220 micron kit but i started to think what if...

What if i like it

Omg i could sift and smoke a ounce a week or more.

Then my tolerance would be even higher?

But they say its soo good.

Still to make anything it have to be 150 a gram for the 220 sifted stuff as i understand it

Educate me on kief and oils someone please.

The price of hash is what people are willing to pay for it.

But you're thinking about it wrong. Forget using an ounce of bud that can be sold as an ounce of bud. Use frosty trim that you'd either use for edibles or some other form of extraction, or throw away.

If you can add value to something of low value, it could be worth the time and equipment you put into it. But if you start with an ounce of bud with decent bag appeal, it's unlikely that you are going to add value buy doing any processing with it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What Misterdirt said.

The only time I used bud for hash is when I don't like the bud that much, or I've just got so much of it, it doesn't matter.  Everything else is sugar trim, I no longer use all trim leaves, that's a waste of time.  It's just not an efficient use of bud to make hash, if you're thinking of it in monetary terms.  However, if you want full melt bubble, it generally (not always) takes bud.    

From 4 oz of sugar trim, I've gotten as much as 15 grams, usually about 8 high grade, 7 mid grade, all the rest is trash.  I trim twice, once when I chop the plant, removing all the large leaves, and once when it's dry, which is all close cut sugar trim.  

As far as selling it, I just give it away, no one has any home made around here.  Frankly, I just don't like the new super pure, butane hash, shatter, oil, etc.  To me, it's just not a very pleasant high.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Exactly, no one is using smokeable bud for hash, medibles, oil. Figure what price you would sell sweet leaf for and base it off that. I make my medibles base products with small bud, it could be sold, but I consider the price of trim, just makes better tasting medibles.

I do not like the high from any of that, it is odd and not like cannabis, feels like a chemical high and not natural.

I do not sell the dabs I make from organic alcohol, would be too high priced, I just smoke it with folks here or gift it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wanna try hash so i may get a kit.

But 2 things stand out.

Diesel brings a point up

Might not like it.

I have had highs i did not enjoy, heart beat etc

2nd is use trim

It take a while but i just save it in freezer till i get enough to give it a whirl.

No i not sell hash ever lol

Bigger troubles here and frankly im thinking i be my best customer.

As for shatter?

I was under impression thats dabbing?

One can press kief into shatter too.

Man i can see my tolerence going up hehehe

Well if i do use bud it be a small batch just for me.

Interesting

I shutter to think of wtf i was smoking they called hash in 1981

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Misterdirt said:

The price of hash is what people are willing to pay for it.

But you're thinking about it wrong. Forget using an ounce of bud that can be sold as an ounce of bud. Use frosty trim that you'd either use for edibles or some other form of extraction, or throw away.

If you can add value to something of low value, it could be worth the time and equipment you put into it. But if you start with an ounce of bud with decent bag appeal, it's unlikely that you are going to add value buy doing any processing with it.

Ok so the reason the moroccans use bud is cause its cheap or like grass to them?

Wonder what EU pays for hash?

Strange our southern neighbours never did hash production big time

Seems easier to smuggle ..

Hash I think you would really like, it is the stuff hit with butane that is really odd high. Rosin is the best of all, but hash is close second. Stuff is tasty! You can turn your hash into rosin.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

Hash I think you would really like, it is the stuff hit with butane that is really odd high. Rosin is the best of all, but hash is close second. Stuff is tasty! You can turn your hash into rosin.

I think so to.

I got a taste of it

I dry trim most times cause it takes longer to dry hanging , just my thing.

Anyway i trimed a batch a few weeks ago

And in the platter aftwr was this dust i collected and rolled into the finger hash stuck all on my finger.

Yeah blast off baeby hehe

To ME............hash is CHEAP!!! I use my trim and larf, stuff that I would otherwise throw away, and i extract in bubble bags. Not much better than full melt bubble in my opinion.

I have grown bud I HATED...................made it all into hash, didnt hate it anymore.......................I cannot imagine growing and NOT having bubble bags or some way to extract from all the trim and junk we do not want.

I seem to never build much tolerance to the hash, NOT like with rosin, where you almost build an immunity to it. It ALWAYS gets me high.

The water extracted hash, in MY opinion, is FAR better than solvent based product. Can taste the NASTY in ALL the solvent hash I have tried. In the dabs too, unless they were produced by pressure and no chemicals. Im with G.A. on this..................

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Toker said:

Ok so the reason the moroccans use bud is cause its cheap or like grass to them?

Strange our southern neighbours never did hash production big time

Seems easier to smuggle ..

I've seen videos of Afghani farmers making hash on NPR's site. Yes, they just have a shitload of it, and it's much easier to transport/store/smuggle. A guy had like a pound of plant material on a big sheet — like a tarp. He'd just bounce the reefer on the sheet for a while (I don't know how long it takes) and trichs would fall off onto the sheet, then he ditched the plant material and kneaded the trichs by hand, until he had a hunk about the size of a softball. The heat from his hand seemed to soften them up.

The sativas grown by our neighbors to the south didn't have much in the way of trichs, when I was a kid. Those sativa "buds" were like those "heirloom" varieties that essentially just had strings of small calyxes. They were so wispy that it was always mixed with upper leaf, and you just wouldn't expect to be able to separate flower from leaf. I don't think a tradition of hash making could develop with that kind of material.

Trichs of pure sativas are SMALL, too. On the WN I'm growing now, you can't see them unless it's under magnification.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, BTW, I agree with Jetdro — You HAVE TO GET bubble bags and make hash out of your trim and popcorn buds. Once you do, you'll:

1. Be overjoyed with the result and how simple it is, and
  2. You'll be kicking yourself for not getting them years ago.

At least, these were my reactions when I got my first bubble bags.

I personally like a brand called Wacky Bags, because the entire bag is made of mesh and it drains more quickly. The Bubble Bag brand is just mesh on the bottom. A 5 bag set is plenty, but some people like having those extra sizes.

In the 5 bag sets, the best stuff usually accumulates on the 73 micron bag, the second best on the 110 micron bag. This is not always the case, I've heard, but it's always been the case for me. The stuff on the larger bags can either be thrown away or used to make budder. The stuff on the smallest bag can be kept to smoke when you're out of everything else. It's just broken pieces of trichs and tiny bits of leaf.

For my tastes, indica and indica dom hash is the best, even though I prefer the sativa side for smoking reefer. Sativa hash just isn't satisfying.

• Like 1

Just do not cheap out on a set of bag's. My 1st set was really cheap, and worked that way. didn't realize it until I bought a new Bubble Bag set, the difference in pulls was amazing, maybe 20-30 percent more with less hassle. TRICK is to pinch top of bag, then jerk it up, letting the water in it rise off the bottom, then let it quickly fall down. I can honestly clear my 25 micron bag(hardest to clear) in under 1 minute this way. Until I learned it, it took FOREVER for the bags to drain................lol............lol..........

If you prefer rosin, hash makes rosin SIMPLE. Even my lil high 5 3 inch round plates can smash 5-7 grams of bubble hash at a time.............producing LAVA FLOWS like you see on Youtube when they are pressing like ounces of bud. VERY cool to watch it do that. I get maybe 85-90 percent back in rosin it appears. Never actually weighed to see the real #, or If I have I have forgotten it, but the "flow" of rosin off 7 grams of hash in my 3 inch round plates is a thing of beauty.

As an example of WHY to have them.................My last run, the one that finished a month or so ago, was on auto pilot THE ENTIRE GROW,....I did nothing, and grew 9 plants. NOT my best run, lol, but it finished just fine.  NO Bud was used, only guards n trim(they were covered in 'comes) , ALL stuff I HAVE NO USE FOR in it's native state :) From just my 9 small plants, I packed away MANY grams of killer bubble, and maybe 5 grams of rosin. That is enough for me for MONTHS.....................until the next grow is done.

I am so spoiled now, I "dip" every joint I smoke in Goji rosin................IF your not using your trim and larf you are losing out BIG TIME!!!

JMHO.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BTW....................MY best bubble comes from my 75, and 90 micron bags. The 220 catch bag is nasty gunk.............the 160 bag is what I keep to let "not great friends" smoke.

This last batch, I combined the bubble from my 45, 75, and 90 screens into 1 mess. It WILL bubble...........IF you light it right............lol...............but the volume is way up, and it is 90 percent as good as straight 75 or 90 bag stuff. From now on, I will continue to do it this way. No need to impress everyone, I have made fine "sand" bubble before..............yup, it is better, and tastes better, but that is like comparing 2 Supercar's..............they are both Super.

• Like 2

Just got octos, now you guys want me to spend money on bubble bags...I think you guys cost me more $$ than the guys on the Jeep forums.

Man, you guys rock! ....  hahaha

I use every bit of the plant that has triches on it. Only the large fan leaves make it into the trash without getting an alcohol bath. Hell, even my stems after breaking up buds get tossed in the “will get extracted” jar. I have a jar about a 1/4 full of weed left over after rolling joints. Every once in a while, I will shake up the jar, grab a pinch and fill a bowl of mixed weed. It’s kind of fun to see how it hits me, a little different each time. Usually the taste isn’t so great, not bad, just so much going on. Kind of like mixing a bunch of colors of paint. You are going to end up with some unimpressive color of brown. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dieseldog381 said:

I ve gotten great full melt bubble from the 20 micron bags, the 70 is just ok usually, too green tasting.   

The trim/reefer was crushed too finely. Using the bag increments I have (or had, I have to get new ones), the stuff on the 110 and 73 comes out light brown — no green look or taste.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Misterdirt said:

The trim/reefer was crushed too finely. Using the bag increments I have (or had, I have to get new ones), the stuff on the 110 and 73 comes out light brown — no green look or taste.

Well, crap, the DeWalt super turbo drill bubble hash beater never told me that!  LOL  I hear ya.

Actually, most of mine comes out tan or blonde, past the 70 mic bags.  I've never gotten very good product above the 70, no matter how I beat it.  But I'm sure using my paint paddle electric drill mixer to turn it to snow doesn't help with the color.       

• Like 1

On 4/14/2019 at 5:10 PM, Toker said:

.....in Marokko they only make Hash,theres no MJ around!!! they do not harvest for buds,they turn all into hash...only the old men in the rif-mountains smoke grounded buds or the remains of hash-makeing in their pipes.  Hash brings more money and is easier to transport.

they grow it in yuge fiels,trimming for buds would take mounths ,so the seeve the whole plant.....same in Lebanon.

in centralEU hash is not cheap,at least in my neck o the woods. and it´s hard to get some goood Quality. the average Q-hash is 8-10€uro/gramm,but it´s not realy worth the price! in Amsterdam one got to pay 10-15€uro for good Q. ...better stuff is up to 20€. in Spain you can get it cheaper,i guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2019 at 7:07 AM, Justcozz said:

Just got octos, now you guys want me to spend money on bubble bags...I think you guys cost me more $$ than the guys on the Jeep forums.

No way this hobby is way more affordable because the items pay you back. but a closet full of plants is not very exciting to most people ;) I shoot adult rockets and i equate it to burning money.

• Like 1