•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Lambert

Hello from east coast of Canada

My name is ted and I’m a newbie to this. Please have patients. I have auto flower seeds/ soil / nutrients and getting ready to giver a shot. I have hard water and water softener in my house and worried about PH. 

Any helpful suggestions would be amazing. 

• Like 2

welcome aboard,Lambert :wave:

tap water is too hard usually,so most growers use "PH-down"....1-2 drops /Liter should do it. check your PH bevor you use it!

• Like 1

Welcome to OG, 

Check your PH, if it’s between 6-7 then you are good for soil. There are kits available at nearly all nurseries and garden shops. 

Here is a basic kit. That’s will get you were you need to be.

D40B6165-68AE-4880-9350-FF4F4CE31357.thumb.jpeg.3e4f0c7bc6da3fc83dbeb8c7e60b0703.jpeg

Good luck on your grow.

• Like 2

Welcome to OpenGrow Lambert!

There are quite a few seasoned growers around here and the information you need to succeed at growing this plant are only questions away.

I can say this... the questions you ask will have honest answers from fellow growers... we ALL want to see you succeed! This is especially important, being your first time and all.

We can help show you the right way to go about it the first time!

Since I don't pH the water for my plants, I'll forgo this part of the topic.

Keep us updated on your progress. 

DesertGrown 

• Like 2

Welcome aboard 

• Like 1

Welcome Ted! Hope you get up and running soon. Growing is addicting and rewarding. Have fun, we do!

peace

• Like 3

welcome aboard.  Start a thread for your grow.  Ask questions.  Share pictures of problems.  people here will help you out.

On 4/28/2019 at 9:49 PM, Lambert said:

My name is ted and I’m a newbie to this. Please have patients. I have auto flower seeds/ soil / nutrients and getting ready to giver a shot. I have hard water and water softener in my house and worried about PH. 

Any helpful suggestions would be amazing. 

Hey there Lambert. No worries, everyone have been in your shoes. Firstly, you must not overwater your plants (your soil will look extremely wet if you do it). Second, provide your plants with the necessary light (they will start to fade if they don't get enough). Your pH should be around 6.1. Found some cheap seeds over here when I was searching the best seeds for beginners. Also, use neem oil when you find spider mites (white small bugs).