•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Justcozz

Bug Bombs for the grow room

I'm not sure I believe that pyrethrins decompose instantly, as they seem to imply by saying you can use it up to harvest. Would you smoke a bud that was hit with pyrethrins a week before harvest?

I wouldn’t use anything right before harvest. But pyrethrins will decompose quick. I think I’d be ok as long as I have a couple of weeks before chop. Even if used up to harvest, I would think it would be gone before the dry and cure were complete.

I was hoping someone on here knew how well they work.

I have friends and acquaintances who have used all shown in the link, except #2.

Here, where I live, they are normally used in a greenhouse grow to get rid of spider mites & whiteflies, as they are the most common problem pests in my dry climate and are very difficult to get rid of in a greenhouse.

Genuine pyrethrins are made from certain Chrysanthemum flowers and are known to kill bugs on contact. Pyrethrins are a non-discriminate, fast acting, insect killer and will kill good and bad insects that come into contact with it almost instantly. There is no residue left behind and the half-life of pyrethrins is only minutes... not hours, days or weeks like some other insecticidal sprays/foggers.

Also, since there is no residue left on your cannabis, you can go about your business as usual.

If you're still not sure about the claim that it's safe and may be used up to day of harvest... you can always wash your flowers as you harvest them.

When using these products, make sure to use the appropriate amount. Most foggers use a cubic foot format, so make sure you know how many cubic feet your grow area is so you can get the right amount... otherwise it won't be as effective as you needed it to be.

Good luck brother!

• Like 1

Thanks Desert, good info. I think I killed the last of those little vegan bastards that think my plants are salad. Didn’t see any new chew marks when I inspected the plants last. I’ll know for sure when I get back tomorrow. But I’m going to get a few foggers either way. Nothing wrong with keeping some defensive weapons close by. 

• Like 1