•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
FoolOnTheHill

Two seeds in one calyx

Thanks, Papalag!

The picture was shot using the macro setting, then I cropped it.

It's my Malzilla, I was checking if the seeds were getting ripe, then I saw them.

These two seeds look ripe enough, I think I'll harvest them and see if they are identical twins.

• Like 1

It would be fun to see 

so strange what nature does and beautiful at that 

• Like 1

identical...that would be realy cool!! much more cool,if you get identical girl & boy from them!

• Like 1

That's impossible, Saxo.

2447124-boy-girl-identical-twins-5b06edd

Identical (monozygotic) twins are always of the same sex because they form from a single zygote (fertilized egg) that contains either male (XY) or female (XX) sex chromosomes.

• Haha 1

....are you sure,FotH ??

Junge und Mädchen, trotzdem eineiig: Zwei Babys und ihre verrückte Entstehungsgeschichte

Eine Frau aus Australien erlebt beim Ultraschall eine Überraschung: Sie bekommt Zwillinge. Ein zweiter Ultraschall acht Wochen später offenbart: Es handelt sich um ein außergewöhnliches Zwillingspaar.

Zwillinge in Australien

.....there´s another twin-pair like this ! it´s pretty rare,but not impossible,as it look like

GOOOD LUCK!!

• Thanks 1

If they are a boy and a girl, they are clearly NOT identical. You will see that when you change their diapers.

In 99.9% of cases boy/girl twins are non-identical. However, in some extremely rare cases resulting from a genetic mutation, identical twins from an egg and sperm which began as male (XY) can develop into a male / female pair.  This happens when the fertilised egg 'loses' one of the copies of the Y chromosome when it is dividing into two embryos in very early development. The resulting babies are then male (XY) and female (XO). The normal genetic make-up of a girl is XX. An XO baby is outwardly a girl, but her cells only have one copy of the X chromosome. This condition is called Turner Syndrome

• Like 1
  • Haha 1