•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
nicola.besana

leafs holes

hallloooo can you please tell me why my plant start to be full of this holes/rips on the leafs ???? could be e deficit of microelements ????? thanks a lot....

IMG-1450.JPG

IMG-1451.JPG

IMG-1453.JPG

• Sad 1

hallo looks like mechanical damage......did that leaf hit the fan? or do you have a cat ?

• Like 2

no cat.... the jar is outside during the day and nothing touch it, i bring it inside during the night because the temperature go down to 10/13 degrees and i scared to damage the plant.......spring/summer is late this year here in italy.....i thought the wind but sound strange....because the holes/rips are just on a few leafs not on all of them....and they appear from one day to another.....dont know....now i count the damaged leafs and i see if the problem appear also on the other leafs....thank you

outside at daytime? so maybe some insects eating from the leaves.

• Like 1

Thrips :( I believe it starts with a white smudges on the leaves on the underside look for white larvae small 

good luck 

• Like 2

yes there is nothing if is an insect probably it make a sort of sting and go away but it does not make any sense....there is not insects eggs or things like that and the leaves are not eaten....are broken....is in my opinion is a deficit of some micronutrients....but obviously i am not sure.....

• Like 1

yes there is nothing if is an insect probably it make a sort of sting and go away but it does not make any sense....there is not insects eggs or things like that and the leaves are not eaten....are broken....is in my opinion is a deficit of some micronutrients....but obviously i am not sure.....

image.thumb.png.7b3da17672100259599c1d226ec62693.png

this holes made by Auchenorrhyncha/Cicada ...looks similar to yours

mmmmmmmmm i thing you got the point....the wounds are quite the same i already hate this insects :evil: so do you have any ideas about natural poison i can spry on the plant????? no i do not have rhododendron......the only natural poison i know is nettle macerate should be for all kinds of insects....what you think about ??? any suggestions???? thanks a lot

i´d say,some holes in the fanleaves does not realy harm your plant,it´s common on outdoor plants.....as long they do not eat all the other leaves,you should do nothing!

• Like 1

catapillars/inchworm larva inside of leaf similar to leaf miners maybe.  I would bet on that.  

Spray the leafs with BT.  If after 3 days no change, its something else but catapillar/moth larva can do that with the little leaf miner look and then cut leaves.

Even better:  https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-leaf-miners

• Scroll down in that page to the relevant spot.

Hempyfan i know that larva, my job is gardener, i know them because this kind of larva is quite always in orange, lemon, and mandarine trees.....is not that one.....thank a lot anyway...