•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Been working on a breeding tent. The NuttHut is almost finished. Just have to complete the control panel. 240watts of Samsung goodness along with a rapidled far red puck and a UV puck. Everything independently controlled with sonoff units. 

5CF9E43E-1F98-4185-81B5-53CF37E0C452.jpeg

91D60F98-CD6C-43C0-BB7A-5B3C94CA3E2D.jpeg

594218AB-59B8-4175-95EC-44DE163A3F64.jpeg

E9FFF61D-FE7E-4665-8C9A-45A9AB99CD8C.jpeg

• Like 6

I recently got a 3' x 3' for… (mama plants? males? Breeding? All of the above?) too, with LEDs. Same brand of tent, too boot. I still need a fan and filter.

LEDs are definitely a help in adding a tent without adding another circuit. Sure hope I didn't cheap out on them too much.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Misterdirt said:

I recently got a 3' x 3' for… (mama plants? males? Breeding? All of the above?) too, with LEDs. Same brand of tent, too boot. I still need a fan and filter.

LEDs are definitely a help in adding a tent without adding another circuit. Sure hope I didn't cheap out on them too much.

What did you get? I went with a light from China this time but at least has Samsung diodes. Just making beans in this tent or temp stay for seedlings at times so no need for rigs like my others. This tent is 2x2.5x6’7

Mine is a Chinese one, also: "MARS Hydro TS 1000W" but it is not 1000 watts and not a replacement for a 1000 W HID. It draws something like 185W for it's "veg" setting, and somewhere over 200W for a flower setting. It has "far red" LEDs to supposedly quicken flowering, blah, blah, blah. 

It seems it can be used in a 4' x 4' tent, but I'm not convinced. If LEDs are proven well enough, I'll eventually get a fancy-shmancy one to replace the HID in my 5' x 5' tent.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Misterdirt said:

Mine is a Chinese one, also: "MARS Hydro TS 1000W" but it is not 1000 watts and not a replacement for a 1000 W HID. It draws something like 185W for it's "veg" setting, and somewhere over 200W for a flower setting. It has "far red" LEDs to supposedly quicken flowering, blah, blah, blah. 

It seems it can be used in a 4' x 4' tent, but I'm not convinced. If LEDs are proven well enough, I'll eventually get a fancy-shmancy one to replace the HID in my 5' x 5' tent.

i used a TS1000 my last grow in a 32"x32".   i added a spiderfarmer 1000 for flower .  The TS 1000 says it can veg a 3ftx3ft and flower for 2.5ft square area, you will probably have to add another one to get good results in a tent that big.    i was happy with them just make sure you check the attenuator, mine was shipped at about 75%power out of the box.   I got 3oz off of 2 plants in 1 gallon hempys using .50 worth of control release granular fertilizer, one was severly root bound which probably hurt my yields.

looking forward to getting some octopots underneath them.   

I have two Electric Sky 300 in about a 5x5 room, adding a 600watt hps in there for heat, so hard to tell if the two would do it alone, but I believe they would. Now I have it more dialed in, loving the LEDs. The buds are as large and as dense as the straight HPS room. Both times I had issues, it was because it was not hot enough in the rooms.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gardenartus said:

I have two Electric Sky 300 in about a 5x5 room, adding a 600watt hps in there for heat, so hard to tell if the two would do it alone, but I believe they would. Now I have it more dialed in, loving the LEDs. The buds are as large and as dense as the straight HPS room. Both times I had issues, it was because it was not hot enough in the rooms.

Yeah that was a big learning curve for me with leds. I run tents at 85f to increase leaf temps(make up for the heat generated by hps and its spectrum)

• Like 1

At first I freaked, the buds stayed in the first stage, felt a bit surreal, like I did not have a clue what the hell I was doing lol. Then it dawned on me, LED needs more heat than HPS. The last "mistake" I made not having the rooms hot enough, took 9 week plants 16 weeks! ha! I was very thankful it didn't stress them out.

I want to do my other room in LED when I get enough cash. But I am going to have to figure heat. I have the 600 HPS in this room, and then the ballasts from the HPS Room in there to bring up heat. I will have to figure out supplemental heat to be able to run both rooms. It for sure has saved me on the electric bill.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, organically challenged said:

i used a TS1000 my last grow in a 32"x32".   i added a spiderfarmer 1000 for flower .  The TS 1000 says it can veg a 3ftx3ft and flower for 2.5ft square area, you will probably have to add another one to get good results in a tent that big.    i was happy with them just make sure you check the attenuator, mine was shipped at about 75%power out of the box.   I got 3oz off of 2 plants in 1 gallon hempys using .50 worth of control release granular fertilizer, one was severly root bound which probably hurt my yields.

looking forward to getting some octopots underneath them.   

I don't plan to use this for production. I originally got it for mother plants, but small-time breeding experiments are possible.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 6:37 PM, gardenartus said:

As big but so much more magic sparkles than with hps ;)