•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Ok, got many hygrometers lying around, I ordered 12 from China, didn't know what to expect but they all giving the same readings, are 2x1cm and cost 2$ :)  I trust them to a +/- 5% degree.... 

@JetDro When you burp, do you let them breath for 5-10 minutes at a time or do you judge by scent, feel, or hygrometer?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ZenShade said:

Ok, got many hygrometers lying around, I ordered 12 from China, didn't know what to expect but they all giving the same readings, are 2x1cm and cost 2$ :)  I trust them to a +/- 5% degree.... 

@JetDro When you burp, do you let them breath for 5-10 minutes at a time or do you judge by scent, feel, or hygrometer?

Usually I let them breathe for 20-30 minutes. By feel of the bud. Got to where I KNOW when to stop burping, usually for me it is only 2 or 3 days at the most,

but remember, 7-10 hang days, a day in the jar, then 2 or so in a paper bag................then to the burp jars............so 1 2 or 3 burping's is all they need.

I will go to the DRY side every time, they WILL moisten out in the jars with some cure time.

• Like 3

LOL me way different, trim wet, hang for about 7 days, right when it is bending but not snapping, the stems, in the jars they go, burp once a day for a week, then if needed about every 3 days for a few weeks, then no burping after that.

• Like 2

Thanks for all advice, I just jarred a couple of SP's, gonna check on them in 24 hrs again :) 

Do their stems snap when bent ? Half snap/half kink ,? or just kink ?

They snap, been hanging for almost 3 weeks... I Just harvested 2 more SP's, fan leaves trimmed and I'm  gonna keep a close eye on them for the next week or so and see what happens when they cure properly :)

• Like 1

I got terrified when my jars started smelling menthol/mint instead of flower... So now all jars are closed and I'll wait 24hrs to see what happens :)

Cheers guys!

• Like 1

I just checked on the new jars, 25 hrs in and they at first have a gassy smell that quickly subsides to an earthy floral scent. 

All other jars (6 jars of SP and SF) all have that menthol stinky smell still... There is no change in moisture content in any of the jars...

I hate stuff like this where you can't figure out what went wrong. I've had a few done odd things, the cooked carrot one and another that was so sour it was disgusting.

Yeah it kinda sucks... Was my first real harvest with curing opportunity in a year (didn't dial in the space properly until now ) at least it hasn't lost any power,  So I'm relieved over all. :) 

47%, same as outside...

Are you going to raise the humidity in one of the jars , just to see for future reference ? Then if this conversation comes up in the future , you can give first hand advice : )

Maybe it's not a curing problem?  Maybe it is more related to how the plants finish. 

My plants grow in coir.  I use four different feeding solutions.  One for veg.  Another for early bloom.  A third for mid-flower.  The last for late flower.  If i want to harvest a plant at nine weeks, the plant receives the late bloom feed at full strength during weeks 6 and 7.  During the 8th week, I feed the plant at half-strength.  At the end of 8 weeks, i flush the plant so it only gets water during the last week.

This ensures that the nutrients in the plant all get metabolized properly before harvest.  

The smells you are getting could be from weed with too much nutrients still in the flowers, not yet metabolized.

If you are growing in soil, the plant may be pulling too much nitrogen if the soil is rich.  This can lead to the funky grass smell.  I haven't tried this, but it may be worth a shot.  Cut the plant and let the branches sit in a water vase for a few days.  This will help the flowers finish up all of the available nutrients.  Then, let them dry.

Good luck solving that problem. 

• Like 1

@ifish dunno if I wanna play with adding  moisture, If I had more bud I would try a Jar, but now I need all the cannabinoids I can get ;) 

@Gardener I use Buffer tabs, Myco + Perfect start. Symbiosis once every two weeks during the whole growing cycle and Bacto Bloom once a week during flower according to schedule (or the plants appearance)

do do you need to flush when using bacteria and spores? 

Took another wiff of the Jars, they have been closed for 35hrs, there is almost no gassy odor (more floral) and are at 47%  Should I burp them anymore these few days  or keep them closed?

WakinN'Bakin  :icecream:

peace all

• Like 1

Keep closed I recon 

breath / blow into one of the jars a couple of times , then quickly seal with lid , that shall raise h a bit , adding moisture to one jar won’t ruin anything 

then when h settles in jar after a day , do it again , this will gradually raise humidity without risk of over doing it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/10/2019 at 10:08 PM, ifish said:

Dry for 7 days till outside of bud is dry and stem just kinks /bends

then into jar or plastic bag , for two / three days or till outside of bud becomes damp again 

then back out of jars and onto net again to dry for another 7 days  or until stems half snap ( green stick fracture ) 

thats the sign they are dry enough for curing in the jar with no risk to mould ( 70% h or less in jar ) 

burp once a day or every other day till jar is down to 60-62 

Now no more burping required 

don’t let temp drop below 15c as I think the curing process stops then and I am not sure if it can be restarted 

that whole process from chop takes 21 days , then the tastes comes : )

That's good. Go with this