•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Justcozz

Welcome to the OpenGrow Mini-Grow Challenge 

So, what is the Mini-Grow Challenge?

It’s a friendly competition for OpenGrow members to have fun, show their skills and grow a cannabis plant from start to finish in a 18oz standard plastic drink cup. Grow the biggest most beautiful plant you can and allow OpenGrow members to choose the winner. 

Any and all members are encouraged to join in the fun.

This is a great opportunity to show off your own or favorite cannabis strains, Auto Flower or Photo Period, it doesn’t matter, we like them all.

The Winners

There will be two winners!

Best female plant and the best male plant will receive the following packs of seeds

Onyx Fire (JustCozz)

SiFi Blaze (JustCozz)

JC Haze (JustCozz)

Im sure I will have additional seeds to add by the end of the competition.

If other members would like to donate to the winner, PM me, and we will make it happen.

The Rules

(Tentative) 

Male and Female plants can win.

1) Grow your plant in a 18oz standard plastic cup from start to finish. All roots must be contained within the cup. 

2) All growing techniques and grow medium allowed.

3) All growers must start their seeds no earlier than the designated start date and time.

4) All growers must log their grow with pictures in this thread at least once a week. 

5) Only one male and one female plant per member can be submitted to win.

6) DO NOT CHEAT...

if you have questions about any rules, this is the time to discuss them, not after the start date.

The Plan

The competition will start 12:01am, July 1, 2019.

This is the earliest we can start our seeds.....soaking in water, wet paper towels, directly to soil.....it’s all good, start your seeds however you want. Then grow the biggest, prettiest plant you can. Since we are all dealing with different strains and flowering times, all growers must flip to flower no later than July 29th (4weeks). This should help keep everyone moving at approximately the same rate so that a winner can be decided. The tentative end date will be September 30th, approximately 9 weeks of flower. Grow as many plants as you want, but ONLY ONE FEMALE PLANT AND ONE MALE PLANT PER MEMBER can be submitted to win...choose your best. 

The Contestants 

Any OpenGrow member who wants to join is welcome.

All contestants are expected to post a pic of them starting their seeds, a brief description of their strain and grow method, as well as post picture updates at least once a week. 

The Judges

ALL OpenGrow members who think they can choose the best plants can vote. No need to sign up, just watch the thread and choose your favorite. 

This is the sign up ...and discussion thread

The competition thread will be posted prior to the start of the competition.  This page is to sign up, discuss your ideas and grow methods.

The rules are not set in stone yet. We want to keep it simple, but also want the growers to be creative. 

If you want to join in the festivities just post here saying you are in. All growers must sign up before the start date.

Here is who’s in.....

@Justcozz

@Hamme Hydro

@JetDro

@baqualin

@Papalag

@oldschoolsg

@Toker

@Shoeless

NOW LETS HAVE FUN and START GROWING 

Edited by Justcozz
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hamme Hydro said:

I'm in!

How about we germinate and complete the whole grow @ 12/12? 

I LOVE THAT idea!

You mean start JULY 1st?????

Have to add into the rules: NO pruning of the roots ever. Have to pull from the cup and show the roots for the winner.

Count me in EITHER way, but 12/12 from seed will be shorter, and more interesting to me....................plus then I can run them under my big light, with the big girls.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JetDro said:

I LOVE THAT idea!

I meant to place the cup with the seed in the flowering room, but you can do it outside too. :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hamme Hydro said:

I'm in!

How about we germinate and complete the whole grow @ 12/12? 

12s from seed is within the rules. Using the first 30 days for veg is optional and up to the grower you can flip anytime before July 29. Some strains need the veg time, so I want that option available.

If we all start directly from 12/12 we can simply place a cup in the flowering room without having to use an extra light and all changes are equal! But, it is your party so either way i am fine! :)

• Like 2

I'm with the Haze Master on this one!

BTW Hamme.........................your A.H. ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, JetDro said:

I LOVE THAT idea!

Have to add into the rules: NO pruning of the roots ever. Have to pull from the cup and show the roots for the winner.

Count me in EITHER way, but 12/12 from seed will be shorter, and more interesting to me....................plus then I can run them under my big light, with the big girls.

I’m not sure about “no pruning”..... 

For example, if Hamme was to drill a thousand holes in a cup and grow ebb and flo, it’s almost guaranteed roots will extend out of the cup. I think a weekly pruning as part of the update should be ok. But also, if he prefers DWC, then the “pot” must be small enough to sit flush on/inside the cup.(the cup being the reservoir and all roots and grow media within the cup)

• Like 1

Any roots extending the pot can easily be cut off. :)

6 minutes ago, JetDro said:

BTW Hamme.........................your A.H. ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear that Jet! 

5 minutes ago, Justcozz said:

I’m not sure about “no pruning”..... 

For example, if Hamme was to drill a thousand holes in a cup and grow ebb and flo, it’s almost guaranteed roots will extend out of the cup. I think a weekly pruning as part of the update should be ok. But also, if he prefers DWC, then the “pot” must be small enough to sit flush on/inside the cup.(the cup being the reservoir and all roots and grow media within the cup)

Roots must stay within the cup at all times are the general rules, but your contest, I will just do as you say .

:verrygood

• Like 1

Dates have been corrected in the OP. Start July 1, flower July 29, end September 30.

Keep in mind, if your plant is is finished and needs to be harvested before the end date....you are still in. The winner will be chosen after the end date.

2 minutes ago, Hamme Hydro said:

Any roots extending the pot can easily be cut off. :)

Glad to hear that Jet! 

I am "TAKEN" with her!!!! The SMELL......................THE HIGH....................THE TASTE...................winner, winner, winner.

Hamme, you gonna be here a minute , wonder if you could tell me which of the strains the one with the broken neck is......if I post a good pic of her???

• Like 1

COOL contest "Cozz!!!! Just what we needed to wake it up a bit around here.

:smoke

1 minute ago, JetDro said:

Roots must stay within the cup at all times are the general rules, but your contest, I will just do as you say .

:verrygood

I fully understand, I just don’t want to disqualify someone for trying to be creative while doing their best to stay within the cup. I think we are all capable of understanding the concept of growing in a cup. If not, then the OpenGrow members choosing the winner will know who NOT to vote for. 

5 minutes ago, JetDro said:

COOL contest "Cozz!!!! Just what we needed to wake it up a bit around here.

:smoke

I’ve been thinking about it since the beginning of the year, thought it would bring some very friendly competition. I’m thinking this will be fun

I'm in!

Baq

16 minutes ago, JetDro said:

Hamme, you gonna be here a minute , wonder if you could tell me which of the strains the one with the broken neck is......if I post a good pic of her???

Not as long as they are fucked up, but i assure you i can tell from the leaves. You can even smell it. 

10 minutes ago, baqualin said:

I'm in!

Baq

Your in bro. 

48 minutes ago, Hamme Hydro said:

Not as long as they are fucked up, but i assure you i can tell from the leaves. You can even smell it. 

OK, if and when they get healthy, you can pick them out for me. I MIGHT be able to tell by smell, AH pretty unique, and the RPP is LOUD LOUD!!! Still not tried it yet.

AH has got to live, i would ALREADY miss her if she does not. YOU NEED to share that weed my friend, it's SPECIAL!!!!

• Like 1

Ok I am in this sounds like a fun time !

12/12 from seed sounds great  can I scrog her 

I can set it up in the tent with the Octopot just clear a little space  lol 

Also bonsai style ? 

Should be a male and a female winner :) 

to give everyone a fair chance if starting a regular seed

good idea justcozz :verrygood

Can we sample the wining and losers as well 

I’ll be a judge 

:innocent:

12 minutes ago, Papalag said:

Also bonsai style ? 

Dixie Cup SCROG...................................lol, lol, lol.........................................what a GREAT idea......................................I'm doing that too......................lol!

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Papalag said:

Also bonsai style ? 

Yep, any way you want to grow is all fair. Just keep in mind, training may slow them down, but mini scrog sounds bad ass. 

You are added bro, thanks for playing. 

41 minutes ago, oldschoolsg said:

Should be a male and a female winner :) 

to give everyone a fair chance if starting a regular seed

good idea justcozz :verrygood

Great idea, I’ll double the seed packs. 

There will be a winner for the best male and best female plants. Now everyone has a chance to double their winnings.....woot woot

Are you in @oldschoolsg.

• Like 1

Oh boy lol challenge accepted! That will be more work than my regular grow lol :lol: 

how often must you water a 16 oz cup!! Once in the morning once before bed?! :punk:

good luck to everyone! :verrygood

Ok here is an example of a solo cup bud taken today  total height is only 12 inches grown under compact fluorescents 

4702B8EC-3B05-4677-A86B-EF13274F5EF8.jpeg

Edited by Papalag
  • Like 4