•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sacred Plant Warrior

Time to run this marathon

I'm gonna try to sneak a grow in and if super fortunate make a small batch of seeds on some lower branches. seeds aren't a priority but if i can make it happen i'll save some pollen for the first attempt at freezing if i get that far.

lineup is old school and new school.

1. 8 ea. Grand daddy purple clone mom x URANIUM CRANIUM male/s 
The UC was created/made  by Mole yes, that's not a typo. the UC females were hit with various males and made some good crosses at least 3/4 if i recall. all named like so aneurysm, concussion, & flatline. i thought it was one more but i could be wrong as i had a mental/physical breakdown of sorts so my once high level computer brain is more like an old mac book that's glitchy lol. 

2. 7 ea. (Butterscotch Hawaiian x G13/HP) x Conquistador = i told u old school lol. if u been around long enough, you know who made these beans and then gifted them widely. nuff said

3. 7 ea. Warrior's Tonic = Warrior’s Tonic is a 1:1 ratio seed created by crossing Warrior Kush THC with Mae Cannatonic CBD

4. 7 ea. Cap’n Shiva’s Crunch Berries = Shiva Skunk x (Bruce Banner#3 x Afghani) F2

the newer stuff is a chance to have some interesting puff as well as an opportunity to find my own cbd solution i can truly use. my sis will be on board cause she has all sorts of issues like i do just different.  i doubt i'll ever have enough space to take on a couple patients in need.  dispensaries here charge to much and rarely offer good cbd cultivars. :moon: 

Since i'm an Ex- jarhead i wanted to run some gear offered by a fellow jarhead = semper fi :ying: he's a good dude and does help us  vets like he says. 

so, dropped them in colored cups a few hrs ago. time to clean up the nursery. i'm so glad it's pretty clean already.  i'm tired as fuck = depression and just did 9 weeks straight of 5 days ea week of radiation for prostate cancer.  So, pain is my main thing but it's not associated with cancer. Yet. if the CBD can kick cancer in the head, throat and cajones i'll take that too. ijs

this grow won't be picture heavy but I will try to show all stages once they are up and running. too tired to do hevy details/text. yes, i ramble but in this case it serves to illuminate my fellow stoners on this marathon i'm runnin. :thank you:

all seeds are underwater and i can see a couple have cracked open. rapid rooters will be soaked in water that has rooting powder in it and then squeezed out and placed in the trays upside down. a small cut will be made to make a hole to inclose seeds in the rooter. seeds that aren't cracked will be placed pointed end up because that's the best way. just google it to verify. 

• Like 5

Best of luck,  and I might not know all the genetics but I appreciate the past and what they did back then.  

Hoping this one brings you everything you're looking for!

• Like 2

Very interesting crosses my friend 

i will pull up a chair on this one 

6 hours ago, Papalag said:

Very interesting crosses my friend 

i will pull up a chair on this one 

i hope it's worth it. newer beans popped almost 100% i'm more concerned about the old school stuff. may the force be revealed in them. :evil:

• Like 1

Bro the chipmunks cracked me up 

that’s some funny shiz 

ok, so plan was to use the rapid rooters upside down and enclose seeds in a fresh slit to cover. that didn't happen except for 1 cause looking at the hole depth it seemed good to go. i tore a bit from the bottom of them to cover seeds. almost all of the fresh ones had popped and that made my decision to sow them as per directions. also because my tweezers weren't the best for holding onto seeds. grrr  one seeds is in a cup cause i miscounted the rooters. 4 different color cups  to help my brain stay on track. 

marathon start.JPG

marathon start a.JPG

small update. 1 warrior's tonic which i will call WT from now was jumping out the rooter and that was an issue i had read about recently.

i took it and placed the rot tip down and sured it up with a bit of the rooter material. handled more than i wanted too but it's fine now sitting up and turned green already. :specool another WT though has the tap root coming out first grr. seed placement is obviously my fault. so, i have some soil mix ready and put some filtered water on top of the fridge to reach room temp. i'll moisten the medium and then do an operation to put that exposed tap root in a cup or right side up back into the rooter. 

side note: the rooter kit i got was old and dried up. so i'll never buy them again or replacements in that condition. if i order online i'll make them put that caveat in an email for return on their dime or i won't buy them. there are some bigger versions of these types of rooters that i would prefer for cuts and mother plants that would be in veg for 30 days or more. i'll post them when i recall the name...

1st. one was split and placed the baby back in root down, then noticed another trouble maker that was curling up and wasn't sure which way to go. so extricated her and handled some and dropped her on the floor. oh shit wtf smdh. quickly calmed down and discarded the seed coat from the rooter and placed her in with a little support and light blocking w/rooter tidbits.

This is the 1st time using rooters of any type to root seeds.  so, i'm going with these rooters as much as possible. i didn't need the cups and i'm ok with that. 1 little darlin is about to open and spread her cotyledon :) she didn't need help.  A 9 watt led are on them now. they'll be in the nursery soon. swept outside the area and will do a wipedown with bleach in the nursery just for prevent defense. 

3 WT's and 1 CB = crunch berry so far. 

• Like 1

I stopped using RR's for germination, too expensive, does not work as well as other methods. I save the Rapid Rooters for my "cuts"n "clones".

I now use the Burpee seed starter tray I got at Home De Pot . I use the smaller 36 hole one for seeds. The coco that goes into the lil holes can be bought there also, cost 2.80 for a brick that would fill that tray 30 times.

I REALLY LIKE the tray and the "coco". EASY to set seed to correct depth, the included "matt" that hangs in the water and keeps the coco wet works PERFECTLY, so I set it and leave it alone. BEST part is the Coco is "just right" and they ALL come up with no helmets. I have seen almost 100 % germ rate using this thing.

I have a larger TALLER one, with tall dome that has vents in it that can be adjusted, that I use with the RR's and my fresh cuts. Thinking of trying to root in the small one with coco, would probably work, but I do like the stability the RR gives the cuts when they come out n get planted in soil.

I find the RR holes WAY TOO DEEP for seed starting. I use to do what your doing..................turn them upside down, make my own new hole, place the seed, then cover it with "chunks" of broken up RR from the old top side. 

Just a heads up on what I have found that works really well.

• Like 2

@JetDro thx. u have no idea how many years i've looked at burpee products to include a couple months ago. i went to their site as well as wally world and home depot. On their own site many are finding that their pellets suck and don't like to expand... burpee offered to replace any that didn't though. with that said i'd be pissed too if like one dude only a couple expanded as designed.

based on what i see the idea is fine, they just need to sell them with loose coco or without the pellets ...  i looked at the brick which expands to 2 gallons of coco. i'd bypass the brick in favor of loose coco and less fuzz to use too. which is what i immediately thought when u mentioned a brick initially. my 1st coco was a brick and though i rinsed it enough and the root results were fab i'll never use a brick again imho.  that and seeing results from coco veterans sold me on coco coir . 

as of now only 3 survivors. 1 cb and 2 wt . the wt that stood on it's own was trapped in the shell and choked off. as soon as i tried to deal with it i could see it was going to sever itself. oh well, i won't sweat it. tomorrow i'll check for more progress and seedlings that aren't oriented properly.  

so, maybe 4 seeds of CB AND 2 WT ARE IN BETWEEN paper towels most all of them had orientation issues. the WT WAS GETTING TALL, so planted whole rooter low in a cup and buried 2/3 of the long stem. the other WT seems like it want to come out to play. 

i left both older sets of seeds as is and only peeked at the gdp cross to see the condition of the seeds. 

So, sprouting seeds in rapid rooters won’t happen again. The old age really plays a part in how they are performing.  I took the dome off today and transplanted a sprout from paper towel into epsoma organic potting mix. Cotyledon were already green and well formed nice long tap root too.

Yet, the others weren’t ready. One self decapitated itself . Took shell off one and let 1 alone. 

Opened next set with two seeds and found a wriggler. I was like wtf is going on and later found another inside the rapid rooter. Maybe y’all will know what it is.  I killed those fucks regardless smdh

so, 2 wt and 2 cb are in cups and the 1st ones are in a window getting sun and air, the others will follow suit and from there will go to the nursery as I set up the smal led lights. 

Got an invitation for clones from same folks that gave the others that succumbed to broad mites. 

I asked them which clones were from elite clone only and nit from seeds.  I know they buy seeds and then clone from folks like blimburn , Canuck and others too. They never tell the full lineup they just list some and say and more...  last time they sorta steered us to certain clones  and I won’t go for that this time. U can get in line again but only after alll the other folks are done who are still in line.  Since I had Simone with me it was easier to get more clones and that’s the plan if I can get someone to take me. 

Ok, so I have coffee filters that i’ll Use instead of paper towels to put all seeds in that are left in the rooters .  That should allow a few to sprout imho. I brought non- bleached filters which are brown. Got them ahead of time to make weed stuff as needed. 

C144A925-79C2-41EF-AEF8-8DEEE9C0874B.png

876579D0-688F-46C3-9D36-ADF60B9DE2DC.jpeg

03DAEFF2-518F-44D6-BE90-4E098ACD250E.jpeg

06A84425-AC77-4747-8887-3EE0987D08AF.jpeg

ADFC4EF1-5990-463C-A136-8E5B05F72820.jpeg

DFA6760F-65C8-4BE4-9193-F8E9466C84E4.jpeg

9D1FB796-9C63-47E1-897B-1D5174E734A4.jpeg

• Like 1

If you place them under your tongue they warm up and wiggle more , then onto the hook they go lol

4 hours ago, ifish said:

If you place them under your tongue they warm up and wiggle more , then onto the hook they go lol

they are to small to put on a hook lol. look at the rooter before it gets a magnified view.  handy free feature magnifier on the iphone i never knew existed until recently. coffee filter day tomorrow. i need to speed shit up. 

There probably not old , day or too  , baby ones just hatched

maggots only eat dead stuff so no interest in the seedling , should be fine and they are sterile , so no germs etc 

I killed a big fly and as I was ready to clean it up I saw a whole bunch of worms there. Never saw that before either in none of my fly kills. Idk didn’t think to take picture. 

So just a couple shots 

D082C9D9-C8D5-4CF2-9A62-A7DECA3C15AA.jpeg

7E5E91F4-DB1E-4A20-B7A5-F4690BBE7F79.jpeg

E1A234AE-EFEC-4BC6-B84A-7894A689D593.jpeg

670EBBB9-E980-4786-A018-07C31CD2530B.jpeg

786392DF-4F5F-4084-9E56-1279F2EA6858.png

• Like 1

I wonder who’s party that fly was the host and venue for lol nematodes maybe ?

Spider is pregnant, yup!

3 and the mutant survive. Won’t hurt to see if the mutant can survive too. Lights fell on plants replanted with a little fresh soil mix and watered in. 

Will put more beans in water tomorrow. More capn’ shivas crunch berries, gdp x uc and g13/hp x bah x conquistador 

C607F22C-2F6D-4897-BC37-7FDA9AEE12D5.jpeg

704FB7EB-073C-4264-A568-D0469215D92D.jpeg

CF486D69-00A0-410C-9E9B-DDA279211EE5.jpeg

654C71F3-1523-4EA9-BF0F-F2EC1968710F.png

6520E52A-0E9A-42FC-A05D-C000CAB71748.png

4738B0F0-0071-4AAD-9C4B-E8A1376FDF00.png

4F6DDCC9-DAB0-40CE-86EC-4B9A0E8E015B.jpeg

Uranium Cranium x Sour Bubble #3 all we’re immature white seeds. Circa 2005 20-25 total wont hurt to try 

Aurora Indica 2 went straight to the bottom so put 7 more in . 

B1C14A44-2296-44E4-ABD4-CA05CF674384.jpeg

353AA5E6-C801-45EB-BE6F-4F47A38D54D9.jpeg

• Like 1

I have no clue what’s happening. I thought the first leaves dried out because of sun while medium was dried out.

As I think now as well as with what you see it’s not from lack of water. That will make the whole plant droopy and not kill off lower leaves.

as usual I did a riot check and as you see they are fine even though I took the pictures before hydrating the cups again. Didn’t bother to do a root check on 3rd cup in exact same type of conditions.

so, this is happening from the bottom up. Smdh never had this happen before so i’ll Search dudes sick plant  thread to look for pictures etc.

if you’ve had this before please tell me what it is and if u fixed it. Thx 

C545CA3B-E614-4B05-914E-9541FCC9B395.png

47B08DF2-59E1-4E5E-84CB-0042F4618236.png

609CB2C1-5E52-42B6-BD7C-96370C785716.png

604FF1D8-837C-438A-8FB7-715F33FDE3D2.png

B6D9073B-A67D-4FBC-9764-CDAB3BFD9761.png

D5DF9CD8-437D-4BB1-8899-BBFFF4666F81.png

D4AE4084-78AD-423F-9E0D-DB2630CE7D2E.png

1A0B7EC8-86D5-4EB2-B5A0-535CAB412A50.png

E181E1CD-B365-4254-AE24-F3F29766B8EB.png

1A961BD5-9EFE-46CD-85D3-65637A65A2D6.png

413F99FD-AEE2-49D8-B4BD-F8D9308464BF.png

1EDACA88-F2A1-45A7-A786-CD4FE53BFB71.png

Potassium def maybe , hit them with some bloom : )

or maybe there was a drastic change in humidity and them lower leafs couldn’t handle the change as there makeup was made at the higher humidity level and the change to outside environment the plant decided to ditch them as they weren’t preforming up to standard 

but im thinking hit with bloom for a feed or two then back to grow : )