•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

RooftopStoner

70x Wappa (Paradise Seeds) from Clone // SOG 1200W HPS // Rockwool Slabs

Looks like it’s coming along great. Damn good job bro, can’t wait to see them buds stacking up.

• Like 1

I have increased irrigation to 3x / day at 4 hours apart. So at lights on, 4 hrs later and 4 hrs after that. I reduced my irrigation time to 3 minutes each as it is more than enough to get decent drain. I might reduce even further. Today begins flower day 22 and I think the veg phase is almost if not completely finished. I will take some pictures as soon as the sun rises.

• Like 3

Here are the pictures. It's flower day 22 now. The tent actually filled up quite nicely except for the some patches.

I have algae buildup on every rockwool cube. Other than that and besides some slight heat stress and high humidity at night everything is under control. I have found a way to combat high humidity at night though so things should work out just fine. I am actually very happy with the budding so far. How do you like the pictures?

large_448.JPG.2faf8280ad1c2a089f35cfde1ce7a4cb.JPGlarge_449.JPG.931fedbf047facf192e51269471b219a.JPGlarge_454.JPG.74da2abc752515a78ff57eb5b4d915cc.JPGlarge_455.JPG.436020c9c27954af63541379d000f66d.JPGlarge_456.JPG.b9dbcace523c0a56c76ed6d0e24a4132.JPGlarge_459.JPG.8ee08e6d60bdabc095b886f4dfb9edc3.JPGlarge_460.JPG.0c3613be89681bd41751f4c27fb51926.JPG

Algae buildup

large_458.JPG.c4b9b40fdd722b34dfbf79a9cf4fdc0e.JPG

looks like the first sign of BUD FEVER in there lol

glasses pic is cool too : )

• Like 1

Looking really healthy they have really filled out to your going to have some big buds for sure :tu 

Keep up the good work.

Snydgrow 

• Like 1

I spotted some calcium deficiency so I will be grabbing a calcium additive from the shop tomorrow. I have Metrop CalGreen here but I don't like that there is so much Nitrogen in it. I will get Calcium from the Canna Mono series as it has only calcium.

Also I have noticed the plants are too dark green and have tip burn. My nutrient solution is too strong. I was feeding with an EC of 1.86mS and getting a drain EC just short of 2.0mS. I added a bit of tap water to dilute my nutrient solution to 1.66mS. I will dilute it further down to 1.4 - 1.5 mS tomorrow. I dont want to make too big of a jump at once.

Not all plants are showing calcium deficiency. Here is a picture of a leaf that is particularly nute burnt and shows clear calcium deficiency.

large_625.jpg.211cb72fd10dcee20982affd9a3a5616.jpg

• Like 1

@RooftopStonerbeautiful plants you should be proud hard work is paying off :tu

How much calgreen are you using if you wouldn't mind explaining your nutrient mix starting with your tap EC. ive always found calgreen to fix any calcium problems only calmag supplement id use after 10years nearly of using it i use it at 10ml per 100ltr of water sometimes 20ml for them hungry strains. 

Keep up the good work im currently putting a new room together have plenty of pics and will start a journal soon :)

Snydgrow 

@ifish@Hamme Hydro Thanks a lot for the praise :)

@Snydgrow I stopped using calgreen as it has 30% Nitrogen. I am afraid to prolong flowering time or prevent maturation. I have used myself though and had a great grow but I'm always looking to optimize things. That's why I dont want to be adding any more N than is already in my base nutes. I believe calgreen is ment to be used with Metrop's MR1 and MR2 which are low in nitrogen. When I did use it I added it at 1ml / 10L strength.

During this grow I have not been using a calcium additive up until a few days ago. I decided to go with Canna Mono Calcium which purely consists of 11.6% calcium and the rest is distilled water I guess.

My tap water is around 0.4 mS and thus far I have only been adding base nutes A+B up until total EC of up to 1.8mS. Also rootstim the first 3 weeks. A few posts ago I have written that I noticed the feed is too hot and spotted some marks on the leaves due to calcium deficiency.

I don't mind explaining my nutrient mix. My new feed from now is:

→0.4mS base EC tap water

→1.4mS after adding A+B components of flower nutes

→1.5mS after adding calcium

→ I add 1/2 strength silica additive as an experiment. It does not raise EC much (if at all) but raises pH

→I also add some myco and bacteria powder. I am not sure if it can work in a high P environment. I only started adding it after I switched to bloom nutes so I might be wasting money here.

→I add AtaClean to my mix to make sure drippers dont clog. I use it according to instructions. Maybe a little bit more generous :)

→Finally I add diluted pH- solution to adjust the pH to 5.8-6.0 and let my pH pump do the rest.

This way my nutrient solution has an EC/pH of 1.5/5.8. I plan to leave my nutrient mix as is until EC rises over 1.7 mS from the recirculating drain. Then I will dilute with tap water to 1.5mS

Hope this helps :)

RTS

@RooftopStoner

Yes i understand your thinking for me using it all the way through has been very successful normally gpw or slightly over i would yield some times i would stop using it round week 5 or 6 flower others i use all the way through. I've played around with salts and feeding like that but i think why change what works and works well :). 

your nutrient mix sounds similar to mine what brand of silica are you using the one i use needs to be added to water first then ph down to 7.0 then add nutes probably i have when have like 100ltrs left in my 700ltr tank and needs fill when add silica it makes like film type stuff in the water was looking for another brand because of this.

Keep up the good work.

Snydgrow 

@Snydgrow I just got the silica additive recently so I cannot say anything about it's effectiveness. It's Silica Blast by botanicare. It's a clear liquid with no smell.

You might want to consider a biofilter if you have issues with film and foam.

• Like 1