•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Halforc

Regular (Unfeminised) seeds in a single tent

On 9/28/2019 at 7:52 AM, saxo said:

i did exactly that Methode in my last runs

nice to hear the method worked for you! Did the total grow take longer or did the plants finish within the usual timeframe?

On 9/28/2019 at 2:35 AM, Halforc said:

Do you happen or plan to have a grow report or anything up so i can follow along?

Haven't started anything yet, but I might post some pics at some point. So far they are just a week old.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 7:52 AM, saxo said:

image.thumb.png.55f8355b2918b1625f71213622d28f4d.png

with 12/12 from start the plants are ready with 70-90cm ...a excellent size for growing in a limited tent 

Which strain are those beauties?

6 minutes ago, saxo said:

@lumatekfan

ja, they took 12-14weeks(12/12)from start to finish,depents on the strains you´re running...but you´re saveing the veg-time,so.....

Thanks for the info. I already expected 3-4 extra weeks.

I wanted to start a rotating system with the 12/12 method, but first I need some experience with this method.

Schönen Sonntag dir!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lumatekfan said:

Which strain are those beauties?

Schönen Sonntag dir!

it´s(v.l.n.r.) 2x BBI f2 and 1x IPA

Danke,Dir auch!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, saxo said:

BBI f2

Blueberry Indica? Is it from Nectar Seeds? Or ApeOrigin?

12/12 from start is a method.  However, it is not ideal but few will realize nor appreciate it.

By denying the plant normal growth through its stages it will not grow as an equal to a plant that has been allowed to grow through its development stages.

Largely this is in terpine development and hormones and such.  To a degree the quality is not an equal and often more susceptible to disease and pest.

With that said.  For home growers, this is not so much an issue as they do not understand plant physiology and the end result is often still more than satisfactory for them. 

Those who don't know, generally think their is no difference.  However, you will not achieve optimised or the plants true potential.

This is in part why I talk on selecting genetics that match your grow limitations.  If low height, select smaller plants or do a method that manages height such as a scrog.

You can also view it this way.  When people and animals are not able to mature correctly, they have health issues.  Plants are the same.

Hope that helps and I know this is not what people want to hear.

Hempyfan!

• Like 4

On 29 September 2019 at 1:17 AM, Hempyfan said:
  • Heat from light to light varies but initial issue is wattage then how the light vents or radiates its heat.  Then how you control the environment of the grow room.
    • Environment is the most important factor.  Much more than the light.
      • A 400w HPS in good environment will out perform a 1k hps with poor environment.
  • For veg tent.  You do not need powerful lights.  I do like LED and CFL lights for mothers.  CFL lighting for seedlings and veg.

Cloning from Late flower is more difficult if the plant is close to harvest as it is using up its stored energy and it will need to reveg this is not ideal because the plant will reveg.  This is very stressful for a plant and will typically make your plant produce less yield and quality.  Plus it will take a long time for this to happen.  However, I recommend doing it as least once so you learn from it.

• Lets say you have to clone in flower.  In about a week the cuts will begin to root and due to stress will start to look like dr. seuse plants as it reveges.  When doing selections I do this to stress test the plant.  For me,  i want to see if the plant will hermie or not from the stress.
  • ok, so you took cuts in late flower, let that clone root, reveg fully and then let it veg for week or two longer.  Take cuttings when its fully in veg mode and has normal veg growth.  Those plants should do well.

Hope that helps and feel free to ask me anything.  Lots of good people here too!

Hempyfan!

Cheers Hempyfan great info mate. I finally put some soil away yesterday to sit/cook based on recipes from yourself and others on this website, with the aim of growing organically/LOS. Didn't have all the ideal ingredients (bit short on worm castings but supplemented with extra home made compost) but I hope it will work ok. Appreciate your sage advice always bro.

Love it.  I look forward to your grows.

Karma Up

• Like 1