•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Cawo

Spider f......g Mites

Hi Guys .....

i am new to this Forum 

i am trying to grow a Little Core cut Here ....

the Problem ..... i have These Tiny visitors..... spiter mites 

i tried neemoil and a few Other things (chemicals) .... But nothing Works for Long 

i Would apreciate some good advice for my next run hol to get rid of these little bastards......

greetings 

• Like 1

Does that work on regular spidermites?

i dont have rede ones 

i have the regular ones with the 2 Black Spots on their backs 

• Like 1

I would say yes ( I think red spider mites are the same as two spotted mites , red when inactive and then have two spots after feeding , active , just different names  ) ................. But for your own peace of mind ask who you get the preditors from , as I am not expert on subject , I just know they worked for me : )

i have only used the amblyseius , as I had thrips and spidermites at the same time 

i assume the other one would be even more effective / quicker as you just have spidermites 

avoid any preditors that fly as they just land on the buds and just stick there and die 

high humidity and fans slow them down also ( spidermites ) but only slows them down tho , high humidity might slow the preditors down too , so check first 

you also may need to give your mum / room a rinse ( plain water ) to remove harmful chemicals previously used 

also get them from a good place ( fresh )

And release the army : )

let us know how you get on , and any good info you come across

oh I also read that amblyseius ( not sure about the other preditor mites ) can also survive eating cat tail pollen ( bull rush pollen ) when thrips and spidermite eggs are finished , so if you want them not to disperse / leave , your greenhouse / grow room after , this might keep them there , but I have not tried this 

: )

Go nuclear with mites, they’ll really mess up a grow fast.  

Try this.  You’ll find lots of opinions here, if they start talking “organic pest control”, move on, it won’t work, no matter how much you chant or how many of Joni Mitchell’s tears it has in it, just about all the Organic cures for mites simply do not work.   Period.   The vinegar, cayenne, dish soap, baking soda, essential oils, etc, etc, may slow them down, they will not get rid of them, Ive tried them all.  

This is the best stuff I’ve ever used, it essentially wipes them out in one or two applications.   Yes, it has pyrethrums in it, but at extremely low doses compared to commercial bug sprays and it breaks down to harmless compounds in just a few days   I use Mighty Wash with a tablespoon of Ed Rosenthals Zero Tolerance (essential oils), which is about the only organic bug spray I’ve ever found that actually does work pretty well, smells good, too.   Combining the two totally eradicates the little bastards in my experience 

good luck! 

http://www.npk-industries.com/mighty_wash.html.  On Amazon, too.  

• Like 1