•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Gardener

The Weekly Harvest

Harvest!  Critical, 58 days flowering.

Most of my plants veg for 49 days or so.  But these (3 plants) were flowered after only 42. 

Started with 5 seeds.  Got 3 females and 2 males.   These plants are loaded with seeds.

Critical is a blend of skunk and afghan.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25a3.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25a4.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25a5.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25a6.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25a7.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25a8.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25a9.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25aa.jpg

• Like 5

The first seed purchase of 2020 just arrived.  I ordered Blueberry Quintessa by Koma Creations.  Blueberry Killing Fields is a freebie.  Looking forward to starting these.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25ac.jpg

• Like 3

Harvest!  The 3rd and last Critical plant. 64 days flowering.

This morning I tried some of this stuff for the first time.  The first plant to be harvested is 6 days dry today.  I like it.  A good morning strain.  It has a nice sativa aspect.  

These three plants will yield hundreds of Critical seeds.  But i also got some interesting unintended crosses too.

• (Blueberry X Heribei) X Critical
  • Mad Chem X Critical
  • Harlequin X Critical
  • Wonder Woman X Critical
  • Herijuana X Critical   (still finishing)

Not my first choice for pain.  But not bad for pleasure and relaxation.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25b6.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25b7.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25b8.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25b9.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25ba.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25bc.jpg

• Like 4

Continuous grows never stop evolving.

I began growing with feminized seeds.  Now I have bunches of my own seeds that i need to try out.  One goal is to find females.  Another is to keep the work to a minimum.  

There is too much wasted work in preparing pots to start individual plants.  Muscular dystrophy makes all work challenging.  There are so many things an able-bodied person can do that i cannot.  So, i am always scheming for ways to keep the work performed to a minimum.

My two new 'innovations' are mass planting seeds, four to a 1-gallon pot, and eliminating perlite.

Some thoughts on perlite:  Why am i doing this?  Yes, coco coir drains better with perlite.  But buying and mixing perlite into the coco coir is looking like an unnecessary work step.  The plants without perlite are doing just as well as the plants with perlite.  This is what i realized after running out of perlite while planting some sprouted seeds.

Thoughts on mass planting:  I plan to sub-divide the root-ball with a bread knife somewhere around the 5th week when i can ID the females through their pre-flowers.  I am thinking of putting  the 3-gallon pot back into use for mass planting females.  Three to five plants per pot could work well.  One of the frustrations of 3 gallon pots is waiting for the roots from one plant to fill the space.  Using several plants will fill the space with roots faster than waiting for one plant to grow big.

In my flowering space, i can use up to eight 3-gallon pots, or up to 18 1-gallon pots.  But if i plant 3 plants per 3 gallon pot I could grow 24 plants with about a gallon of root space per plant.  24 plants combined in larger pots versus 18 in individual pots.

The 3 gallon size is cumbersome.  But i think i can grow more weed this way, and i want to find out.  Hopefully without doing too much work.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25c8.jpg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, saxo said:

lovely reddish colors :icecream:....pretty nice!!

Herijuana, from start to finish, was a beautiful plant.  

• Like 1

I just tried Herijuana for the first time.  Interesting flavor and aroma.  I can't put my finger on it.  But tasty for sure.

At first, it was nice and relaxing.  Now, ten minutes later, I am ready for bed.  Good night folks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sounds like a good one, have the seeds, haven't popped them. Nighty night, sleep tight, don't let the spider mites bite hehe

• Like 1

I grew a couple of Herijuana girls out a few years back, but neither was a keeper. So far, my best indica was a God Bud. Looking forward to Koma or Santero to take that title away, soon.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, gardenartus said:

Sounds like a good one, have the seeds, haven't popped them. Nighty night, sleep tight, don't let the spider mites bite hehe

Trying it for the second time right now.  This is a good sleep aide.  It feels like it needs to be crossed with something else to make it less heavy feeling.  I like it for what it is.  If you want to get drowsy, try Herijuana.  If you want to get high and stay awake to enjoy it, try something else.

• Like 1

Harvest!  Jack Berry.  60 days flowering.

Mad Chem, Herijuana, and Blueberry X Heribei do not yield big.  Jack Berry is different.  Big buds.  Secondary buds that don't look secondary.  Nice structure.  This can fill a jar..

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25ce.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25d0.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25d1.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25d2.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25d3.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25d4.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25d5.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gardener said:

Trying it for the second time right now.  This is a good sleep aide.  It feels like it needs to be crossed with something else to make it less heavy feeling.  I like it for what it is.  If you want to get drowsy, try Herijuana.  If you want to get high and stay awake to enjoy it, try something else.

That might be really good for those with insomnia.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2020 at 2:51 AM, Hamme Hydro said:

Looks delicious, enjoy!

On 2/8/2020 at 2:33 PM, dieseldog381 said:

Boy, that looks good enough to eat, Jackberry's on my bucket list.  Yum.  

Vaping some sugar coated fan leaves now.  Jack Berry has an interesting high.  I need to explore it better on a different day.  Too much pain today.  I need a heavy hitter.

On 2/7/2020 at 9:41 PM, gardenartus said:

That might be really good for those with insomnia.

Herijuana is a heavy hitter.  Good for insomnia.  That's why I ordered these seeds.  But it is good for pain too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is good to know Gardener, TY. I Think I might actually have some of these seeds :) Two big issues with patients, pain and sleep.

• Like 1

Harvest.  Blueberry X Heribei, day 57.

This is the smallest plant I have ever flowered.  Incredibly slow growing.  Around week 5 it was still so tiny, i could see that potting it up would be pointless.  So would vegging it any longer.  

I liked this bud the first time I grew it.  This one won't last long.  

tZ6W53RQTc6RpFdkkrSDqw_thumb_25ee.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_25ef.jpg

• Like 1

Lol now you can officially say you smoked a whole plant in a day! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1