•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

gardenartus

Need Non Sweet Medible ideas please

I need to come up with a non sugar medible, that is as easy to use as the sugar ones. Hard to come up with things that do not have sugar in them and easy to dose with. Like Chex mix, no sugar, but who wants to eat Chex mix all day? lol

I have two patients needing this and I am stumped on what to make. Doesn't help all I want to do is eat sweets lol, the cruel of a diabetic I crave it ha ha. Anyhoo, because my appetite is yuck, I Just can not come up with something. Hoping maybe some of you with normal appetites could help me? They do not want to do cannabis caps, nor tincture, they want a non sweet medible to use through out the day. Tall order for me lol

• Like 1

That’s a tough one. Infuse peanut butter. They can put it on veggies, crackers etc. make sammiches....and peanut butter is good at hiding the taste.

• Like 2

I make " dirty chai bars" for a female friend who doesn't like sweet things.  Best bet is look up savory desserts.  They tend to have minimal sugar and not a overpowering sweet taste that Americans seem to crave.

• Like 1

TY both, both of those I have been leaning toward,  like the PB kisses are not made with sugar but honey, that might work. I make a health ball as well. :) I forgot about that one, and it uses honey as well. 

I was not going to post this, but it has helped us to reduce the the amount of sugar we use on a daily basis....but, it may not be for everyone.

We started to infuse olive oil, with the same ratio we used in our cookies. 

I buy the best olive oil I can afford, and simmer it @ 140-175 F for 3-4 hours in a water bath, trivet in the bottom.

The matter, after infusion, gets sprinkled into salads, with some infused oil and Braggs apple vinegar.
Or whatever we are cooking at the end, sprinkle in some matter.

Or at lunch a slice of toast maybe a slice of tomato,with some olive oil drizzled on it, and a splash of salt and oregano.

Next will be a sesame seed oil, as we just love that unique flavor, then with a cannabis infusion, we are both anxious to sample that one.

The only time I did coconut oil infusion, we used it for cookies. But now, I got to think about that for ?????something unique.

I hope it helps someone to add some diversity to the goodies, without the sugary sweets many of us elderly folk do not need.

• Like 1

That is a good idea. I just discussed with one, if we can't find anything that she would want to use on a daily basis, maybe we could find something that could be used once or twice, along with the other, at least we would cut out at least half the sugar. This might be the way. Also thinking of just butter itself. We might be able to find something that could be used all day everyday, but might find something to sub out some of the sugar at the least. TY Web :)