•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

tattooed freak

Stoned mind keeps going top or bottom feed

I not good with punctuation my mind forgets to use lol

i keep swapping between top and bottom feeding in different stages and get good results but one subject keeps sticking in my head is Hight and width due to watering and root training to give wider plants out of tall plant 

like sativa are tall as hot weather roots have to go deep to find water and your cold weather indica rudrails collect ample rain water so go wide 

as I’m doing herijuana and it grows rapidly I been trying and top feed I feel definitely sure hight slows and width increase and do bottom and hight increases and width slows 

am I going mad or is it well known and penny just dropped and I’m as dumb as dog shit or should I stop smoking weed and thinking about growing stoned lol

AE875F0F-EFC2-44A4-BC43-91D761DE411F.jpeg

Genetics play a big part in how a plant grows and I know from personal experience in growing Herijuana that there are only a few phenos that you going to see, however, they all have somewhat of a Christmas tree-like shape.

Stragetic pruning will get you what you're after.

To get a plant to grow wide, instead of tall, you'll have to stimulate side growth by topping the plant. Pruning stimulates new growth.

Topping the plant signals the auxins in the branch tips to grow outward faster, thus creating a wider structured plant. Topping also creates multiple heads.

Cannabis roots only grow towards moisture, as they cannot penetrate dry soil. Therefore, bottom watering while growing in containers makes sense if you want a good root structure that will be able to anchor and support your plant nutritionally. Good working roots are the most important part of a plant, without them, there will be no plant.

Top watering is a must for the secondary & capillary roots just under the top of the medium and to keep even moisture within the container...(you don't want any dry spots)... and keep in mind that the only part of the root that can uptake any water or nutrient solution are the capillaries, or sometimes better known as "root hairs", so media moisture levels are crucial for proper root growth.

In my opinion... you should keep growing cannabis and grow it stoned. It's more rewarding growing and smoking what you grow!

I hope this helps you in some way.

• Like 2

It gives me the basics thank you but accelerated growth still seems to be showing me top feed while feeding my short pheno is taller than my tall pheno by bottom feed and by top feeding my tall pheno is starting to pop sideways yet I have now balanced there hight to equal with this method 

so would using slate or something in the soil layer after layer sending roots left to right all the way down so it has no direct path down would a sativa grow like an indica 

think like a layered bonsai tree but multiple shallow layers

2 hours ago, tattooed freak said:

... feeding my short pheno is taller than my tall pheno by bottom feed and by top feeding my tall pheno is starting to pop sideways

Your observations are anecdotal.

You jump to conclusions, but you can't verify this or back it up by scientific findings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoolOnTheHill said:

Your observations are anecdotal.

You jump to conclusions, but you can't verify this or back it up by scientific findings.

But does not science prove chemicals are cleaner give higher yields yet like a body builder he can have all clean additives but man who eats steak pasta and old school fibre will always achieve more 

without madness your following control and sales as I can buy 10 bottles for £300 that is only a £10 powder that I can mess up so easily yet the powder is natural balance without work

i find science limits the mind as I should not really use sugar’s in veg as not needed yet I research soil and that can convert it to an enzyme which can be stored until the day it’s needed but that was found not on plant science but on soil science for any type plant 

so science does not work but thought outside the box intrigues me 

I’m heading Victorian mind before the last one hundred years of science that has turned evolution into a planet’s destruction but if you sure it won’t work 100% I will follow your experience 

73201B99-624A-4FDB-91FF-16F4131295B5.jpeg

Edited by tattooed freak
To add picture

Never over think it

Pruning and training like D said

Honestly i find topping to be enough for me

Im sure some strains will vary

I top after the 2 node and mine branch out well

Some get branchy and tall 

Just depends on strain.

I always top water

Hmm i wonder if i should bottom water sometime

I just sprinkle some epsom on the medium

And water

Anyway good luck 

• Like 1

But would the root training widen a sativa is more my dilemma as finding thing just good enough and will do the wheel would still be a tree or square lol and tbf I 50% top and 50% bottom feed in bloom ast that way water is constantly replaced both ends making a fresh change all the while 

I usually water/tea my plants in a 4 day cycle, either in 4 inch pots or 1 gallon pots, or the 3 gallon flowering pots, seems to work out to 4 days between water/tea addition.

When I give them water/tea, I try and keep a cycle going, once from the top down, until I see some run off leaking into my saucers. 

Next time, I fill only the saucers, so I first fill each saucer so it's almost overflowing, then move to all the rest.

Usually, by the time I filled the last one, the first one has been wicked up, so I go back and refill fill them, zip up the tents and forget them for 4 days.

The third time, I pour a half gallon of water/tea in the top, and another in the saucer, and forget them for 4 days.

I always have a solid rootmass at the end, for me, winnerwinnerchickendinner.

• Like 2

I do like to give mainly bottom in veg to make roots search and 50% bottom 50% top once a week but bloom I like to exchange that water top and bottom every time with always minimum of one hours oxygenising of water love a good bubble like lemonade as it sucks it into the soil

CB63C2D5-49EF-4275-BBE5-AA3572734389.jpeg

That's impressive gardenartus, nicely done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OMG, my extreme apologies to Tattoed Freak, I posted in the wrong one lol, meant to post in Stoned Ramblings, must have been checking your thread out lol I do apologize, now I am gonna post it in the right one lol.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gardenartus said:

OMG, my extreme apologies to Tattoed Freak, I posted in the wrong one lol, meant to post in Stoned Ramblings, must have been checking your thread out lol I do apologize, now I am gonna post it in the right one lol.

Well that’s what you get for smoking and posting I think I may of done it once or twice on here insta Duby Snapchat well just about everywhere tbh lol no problem peace love and got any spare lmao 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/18/2019 at 12:01 AM, gardenartus said:

Well that’s what you get for smoking and posting I think I may of done it once or twice on here insta Duby Snapchat well just about everywhere tbh lol no problem peace love and got any spare lmao 

EC138E77-9AFC-466B-A36A-F94456D683DF.jpeg