•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

gardenartus

Plants Emit Sounds Too High For Human Ears When Stressed Out

I found this fascinating. As well this part "Stressed plants have also been found to give off volatile organic compounds."- maybe why sometimes strains come out smelling and tasting off or odd

Some plants emit “ultrasonic clicks” inaudible to the human ear when under life-threatening stress, a new study has found. Recordings reveal each sound contains information about a plant’s current state of being.

“These findings can alter the way we think about the Plant Kingdom, which has been considered to be almost silent until now,” write the study authors in a paper available to read on preprint server bioRxiv. The findings have not been published in a journal nor have they been certified by peer review, but the researchers say that their findings add to the scientific understanding of plant evolution and ecology around the world.

Previous studies have found that stress caused by changes in temperatures and light, as well as “herbivore attack,” can alter a plant’s phenotype, resulting in changes in color, smell, and shape. Stressed plants have also been found to give off volatile organic compounds. To examine whether plants make audible sounds as well, researchers at Tel Aviv University recorded tomato and tobacco plants that were deprived of water, having their stems cut, or were otherwise comfortable. Microphones focused on an ultrasonic sound range between 20 and 150 kHz.

Plants Emit Sounds Too High For Human Ears When Stressed Out

‘‘This why I when I cut them down I remove one  from the tent close the tent play loud music so they don’t hear the screaming as I bring out the clippers :execute

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Papalag said:

‘‘This why I when I cut them down I remove one  from the tent close the tent play loud music so they don’t hear the screaming as I bring out the clippers :execute

OMG< now am I going to cry thinking that the plants have feelings? lol Poor baby, mama has to kill you, shhhh, it will all be OK< chop chop lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Darth Budder said:

lol

Thanks, just what I needed, now I am gonna feel bad ha ha ha They will scream to each other, she killed her, did you see that, she chopped her legs off lol

• Like 1

:) if you have Netflix, and enjoy silly stoner stereotype comedy, disjointed and specifically anything to do with the grower or plants,  is pretty funny stuff

and.. Kathy Bates, need I say more? GO WATCH THE COCKADOODLE SHOW!

:)

db

• Like 1