•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
phil macanopy

Killing Fields deep purple?

Hey guys,

I grew killing fields a few years ago and found 3 different phenos. 1 green, 1 pink, and 1 that was very, very purple with a really dark taste. I ended up keeping the bigger yielding pink one, but letting that purple one go has hurt me for years. She finished around 65 days and was quite greedy. The buds were amazing! not purple-ish! but deep dark purple that dried to an almost black colour.

I gave some of the purple bud to a friend who i met up with a few months later in a car park at an exhibition. He gave me a pipe of the purple and nearly sent me over the edge. I went a sort of greeny shade of white. Great bud! 

Is it possible to still find this pheno in the killing fields F6?

• Like 1

Hey phil, good to see you.

Color is a dominant trait in Killing Fields and should remain a dominant trait even as the strain is worked closer to an ibl. If you found it before, it's possible to find it again.

I hope you find another deep purple pheno... I'm sure they're in there somewhere! Good luck to you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DesertGrown said:

Hey phil, good to see you.

Color is a dominant trait in Killing Fields and should remain a dominant trait even as the strain is worked closer to an ibl. If you found it before, it's possible to find it again.

I hope you find another deep purple pheno... I'm sure they're in there somewhere! Good luck to you!

Hey DG,  hope all's growing well for you.

I'd love to find that purple beauty again. It's only the third plant that i've regretted letting go, after a particularly nice Mr Nice SSH and an even nicer Soma Lavender. I could probably still get the SSH pheno again, that's if i could be arsed to hunt through a forest of different phenos. But there's no chance of getting that Lavender again.

What's your toke of choice at the moment?

Cheers buddy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phil macanopy said:

1 that was very, very purple with a really dark taste.

Well I haven't grown the recent KF F6, but I found in the F4 purples but even more in the fems I had several deep purple ones. In the smoke report section you can find my topic and there are some pics of them. Another deep purple KF cross I had was Selene. I guess in many KFs you can find purple ones. I had also a purple pink Silver Fields. But only in the KF and Selene I found a few dark purple phenos.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lumatekfan said:

Well I haven't grown the recent KF F6, but I found in the F4 purples but even more in the fems I had several deep purple ones. In the smoke report section you can find my topic and there are some pics of them. Another deep purple KF cross I had was Selene. I guess in many KFs you can find purple ones. I had also a purple pink Silver Fields. But only in the KF and Selene I found a few dark purple phenos.

Hey buddy,

Thanks for the info.

I'm not really into growing fems as i'm always on the lookout for something to keep.

I'll check out your reports.

Happy growing

always had an interest in the KF and it's purple pheno. never went after it but i do have a couple KF crosses. let me look and see since the old file is right here. 

1. sannies jack x KF fems - 5ea  2.  Killing fields x ducks foot 3. SSSDH x KF fems and i have a silverfields x boudica cross. one seed i think lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sacred Plant Warrior said:

always had an interest in the KF and it's purple pheno. never went after it but i do have a couple KF crosses. let me look and see since the old file is right here. 

1. sannies jack x KF fems - 5ea  2.  Killing fields x ducks foot 3. SSSDH x KF fems and i have a silverfields x boudica cross. one seed i think lol

Hey SPW, how you doing?

Let me know if you come across a deep purple.

All the best & may your buds be fat & smelly. 

On 12/13/2019 at 11:33 AM, phil macanopy said:

I'd love to find that purple beauty again. It's only the third plant that i've regretted letting go, after a particularly nice Mr Nice SSH and an even nicer Soma Lavender. I could probably still get the SSH pheno again, that's if i could be arsed to hunt through a forest of different phenos. But there's no chance of getting that Lavender again.

Cheers buddy

Hey phil, things are groovy! 

Like Sacred, I've only run crosses of KF and I do regret not getting any of the F4's when they were available. I saw a whole lot of purple coming from that generation! 

The purple is a co-dominant color, along with green, in the Killing Fields strain, so I believe it's possible to find that color again. To actually find a replica of that pheno two generations later is a bit of a stretch, however, I've grown plenty of plants that exhibited dominant traits found in strains from withing their lineage and not necessarily their parents. Many things are possible when you're talking genetics and plants.

Soma's Lavender is a very special strain... and I miss her too! I'd like to run Lavender again... next time I'm keeping a clone of it!

I've got two different strains going at the moment. Platinum Gorilla and Coso Kush. 

I grew Platinum Gorilla from a seed that I found in a sack of buds. Got a female from the one seed and can't wait to smoke that again!

The Coso Kush is a very stony cross between Master Kush x (Cocoa Kush x NYCDiesel) and this pheno tastes like sweet lime kush... it's a really nice pheno and I'm glad I cloned it this time.

• Like 5

On 12/13/2019 at 1:33 PM, phil macanopy said:

Cheers buddy

Seattle Chronic did work with the Hells Angel's Lavender cut. Worth checking out. 

• Like 2

On 12/17/2019 at 8:20 AM, Scone_Of_Ark said:

Hey there,

What you're looking for is in the short wide plants. 

The dark purples will be shorter wider plants that flower faster.

Hey Scone, 

My deep purple beauty was shorter wider and faster than the pink or green pheno's that i grew. Nice one..should make searching a lot easier. 

Cheers for the info.

a3de6cbff726e4761483576844f1292e2cea36df

On 12/18/2019 at 6:10 AM, DesertGrown said:

Hey phil, things are groovy! 

Like Sacred, I've only run crosses of KF and I do regret not getting any of the F4's when they were available. I saw a whole lot of purple coming from that generation! 

The purple is a co-dominant color, along with green, in the Killing Fields strain, so I believe it's possible to find that color again. To actually find a replica of that pheno two generations later is a bit of a stretch, however, I've grown plenty of plants that exhibited dominant traits found in strains from withing their lineage and not necessarily their parents. Many things are possible when you're talking genetics and plants.

Soma's Lavender is a very special strain... and I miss her too! I'd like to run Lavender again... next time I'm keeping a clone of it!

I've got two different strains going at the moment. Platinum Gorilla and Coso Kush. 

I grew Platinum Gorilla from a seed that I found in a sack of buds. Got a female from the one seed and can't wait to smoke that again!

The Coso Kush is a very stony cross between Master Kush x (Cocoa Kush x NYCDiesel) and this pheno tastes like sweet lime kush... it's a really nice pheno and I'm glad I cloned it this time.

Groovy's very good :D

Great info, thanks DG. Sounds like you've got some nice stuff going. If you do ever find a very good Soma Lavender i'll be surprised and happy, but i'm not sure it's the same strain it was a dozen years ago. Good if you do decide to search.

One strain i'd advise taking a look at is Bodhi's Soulmate. It's a pinesol wookie cross and i'm going to be taking down 5 of them tomorrow. It looks and smells really nice and the effects are top notch. Also finishes 65 days give or take a day or two.

All the best

• Like 1

22 hours ago, wisecalyx said:

Seattle Chronic did work with the Hells Angel's Lavender cut. Worth checking out. 

Sounds great, but i can't say i've heard of that one. I'll check it out.

Cheers wiscalyx

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, phil macanopy said:

Sounds great, but i can't say i've heard of that one. I'll check it out.

Cheers wiscalyx

He's a cool cat and breeds solid gear. 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 3:20 AM, Scone_Of_Ark said:

Hey there,

What you're looking for is in the short wide plants. 

The dark purples will be shorter wider plants that flower faster.

a3de6cbff726e4761483576844f1292e2cea36df

so are you saying that pheno shows more indica type traits scone ? i realize the green phenos are usually the more potent ones but i also appreciate the different effects/taste the purple phenos can sometimes have. thx

It's more complicated of course.

The darker bluer one is the short plants the taller redder one is the tall plants.

The shorter one is easier to find a good flavor the taller one is easier to find a good high, both need to be sifted out of all the hemp those carry.

It seems to be the trait originates in the short plants and manifests in some types of tall plants like jack. 

To get this;

nerple3.thumb.jpg.ae1656555e2a393bc4878ef766ecd073.jpg

I started with 4 packs each of Killingfields and Blue Hammer.

I inbred both selecting the most purple plants, 2 to 3 generations each with two killingfields and one blue hammer line.

Then I crossed both killingfields with a blue hammer male, selected males and females from each and crossed them into two batches.

Crossed these both ways and kept two batches of seed that I now use to find these.

Because purple is so hempy it takes allot of plants to find one that tastes good once they are this dark.

The real sweet spot in Killingfields is the 'nearly' purple green plants.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Scone_Of_Ark said:

To get this;

I inbred both selecting the most purple plants, 2 to 3 generations each with two killingfields and one blue hammer line.

Then I crossed both killingfields with a blue hammer male, selected males and females from each and crossed them into two batches.

Crossed these both ways and kept two batches of seed that I now use to find these.

Because purple is so hempy it takes allot of plants to find one that tastes good once they are this dark.

Much respect for your effort Scone!!.   I am just hopping for 2 females and one male.  That will give me a lifetime of looking for a keeper.  I had a nice 11 week KF  that I should have kept.  It had a little purple mixed in with it.  Killer smoke and a very pleasant smell.  Made outstanding vape juice :) :)  

• Like 2

On 12/22/2019 at 8:38 PM, Scone_Of_Ark said:

To get this;

Much respect to this serious effort!

• Like 2

Working in this area so long I find plants that are weird enough I really can't tell what color they are.

whatchamachicken.thumb.jpg.6ddea1a0c1a1913711352e5ca19a3a5c.jpg

Some of em are green some pink some red some purple some half green half red ect.

Selene / Silverfields // Madonna / Green Manalishi.

This really is a weird plant.

• Like 4