•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Shoeless

Shrooms, the magic kind

Happy new year everyone. I am planning on growing some shrooms this year and I am looking for input as to reliable sources of spores, what strains would be good for first time growing. I have looked at shroomery.org and will dig deep there, I just hope to get first hand info from folks over here. Thanks everyone.

• Like 3

Friend of mine grew some Mexican for her first ever go & she got 3 runs out of it. I'll ask her where she got them, it was a Spanish page I think & it came with a container with a sponge & the spores for activating it.

• Thanks 1

@Shoeless

Has to be Golden Teacher for sure.
One of the strongest cubensis around,and a very happy teacher it is !
Less chance to go bad on these (compared to other species of shrooms)
Difficulty of growing>>>moderate.

Good luck on growing and fruiting those shrooms Shoeless !

• Thanks 1

Shrooms :yummy:  I haven't grown them for a long time and I don't know the current suppliers but you should look for the PES Amazonian! They are easy to grow and really strong compared with other shrooms that are for kids.

Greetings SiCKNeSs.

• Like 1

usually growers say: "a cube is a cube is a cube ... " ;)

psilocybe cubensis are basically all the same. especially when it comes to growing them,
= same conditions allover, no matter the fancy names people give them, just a regional dif-
ference, not in terms of grow or effect. the only slight nuance between cubensis-varieties
is in growth and appearance, but effects stay fairly the same, potency varies a bit but that
also has to do with the way it has been cultivated/"kept around" on your petri-dishes, as in:
rhizomorph or not). the differences of PC are almost not noticable to beginners and their
propagation is very easy (rye-grain or a rice/vermiculite-mix works well). you just have to
work fast and in a clean environment. the PC effects are happy and introspective, basically
everything everyone always expects from shrooms (its the fruits everyone means when tal-
king about it). the PC-effects connect the person with his surroundings very easy (to handle)
and is "friendly" allover.

the panaeolus (cyanescens f.e.) on the other hand is a bit trickier to grow. this one is the real
"hawaiian"-variety (there is a PC called hawaii too, but that's "just" a PC). the real panaeolus
needs a bit more attention and a bit more experience with shrooms in general. the effect is way
stronger and more visual with this one, although the effect of course still includes the "inner ex-
periences" as well. this one is not so friendly anymore and requires lower doses/more experience.

the outdoor varieties, like f.e. psilocybe azurescens ect. is also very easy to grow (in european
latitues at least). these are also very strong, like the panaeolus, about htree times stronger than
the psilocybe cubensis. these are similar in effect to the real hawaiians = handle them the same.

and then there are "truffles" or "philosopher stones" (psilocybe tampanensis f.e.) these are
varieties that form mycelium-clusters in the subtrate, so, not the fruits of the shroom are used
as in the other varieties (you can still grow these out, but they are very weak in comparsion and
this only makes sense for collecting spores, not much else). the sclerotia form in the substrate
and after a few months you can harvest them, these are the most easy to grow, imo. (it's best to
use grass-seeds. those are very small and the mycelium can grow through it very easy without
the danger of other funghi taking hold too fast). these are also the most friendly, very little visual
and the most intrpospective effect from all of them.

anyhoo, yes, haha ... shrooms, i love them too ...
i have tripped a LOT, maybe too much, hahaha.
( but i'll spare you guys the UFOtalk, eh? LOL :lol: )

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@santero Got some Psilocybe cyanescens ''ballard'' outside,those are even a tiny bit stronger then the azurescens because of the baeocystine in them.
Ofcourse it has psilocybine and psilocyne in it too,so it's a shroom with 3 tripping compounds in em;)

• Like 1