•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Bigger than what I'm used to, for sure. Dealt with so many leaks that I should be made co-owner of Wikileaks. But finally, it's underway, and thriving. 

IMG_20200107_105228_1.thumb.jpg.523831952e5c4854ca1270a1a6e8cf1e.jpg

In a nutshell: 

Flower room:

5 rows of 4 x 1000w Gavita de

IMG_20200107_105213_1.thumb.jpg.21a7bba66d645246d77780768adb50db.jpg

Each row is about 7.2m long and 1.6m wide. Each row has 8 pipes - 100mm internal diameter - parallel to the width, with 3 possible plant sites per pipe. Each row of 8 pipes is fed by a single 75w submersible pump in a 200 litre reservoir. Each 200 litre reservoir is automatically maintained at required water level with individual float valves. They are connected to a common 500L overhead tank. The 500L tank also contains a float valve, and is connected to a 1000L tank on the roof of the building. 

15cm x 15cm square scrog nets are stretched at 2 feet and 3 feet above each row.

I had to start from seeds for a lot of shitty reasons. So we've got 1 row of Dinafem Original Amnesia, 1 row of Dinafem Critical Jack, 1 row of Dinafem Critical +, 2 rows of Kolossus. 

There's a blue cheese (dinafem), sweet amnesia (sweet seeds) in there somewhere as well. 

Then we've got the veg room:

IMG_20200107_115146_1.thumb.jpg.4e2c05b49803e8eae0da33bc77198423.jpg

Here I've got about 10 moby dick auto, 10 moby dick xxl auto, and a few small autos by sweet seeds, collectively under 2 x 1000w gavita de. These got off to a really rocky start. I don't have high expectations, but they're pretty vigourous even so. 

There's an undercurrent setup on the side ready to go, waiting for autoflower seeds that are on the way. It can accommodate 15 plants under another 2 x 1000w de.

After this round, when I've decided on my keepers from this lot, I'll strip the undercurrent system down into 2 parts. 1 for mother plants and 1 for autoflowers. 

I've got smaller crates in 2 racks that can accommodate up to 130 seedlings or clones. It's got about 60 seedlings in a 4x4 area under 240w of normal Philips t5 led. 

There's another 2.67m x 6.67m room which will be used in part for drying/pressing/etc., as well as for genetic experiments and to grow some nice longer flowering sativas. 

The amnesia, a tried and tested one from dinafem, is one of the best in their catalogue. Big producer and vigorous grower. Awesome taste and potent end product:

IMG_20200107_105213_1.thumb.jpg.21a7bba66d645246d77780768adb50db.jpg

Same with critical jack. Different flavours and high, a bit less stretchy, probably just a tad less vigourous than her amnesia sister:

IMG_20200107_105220.thumb.jpg.770aea6774516825f17245b8c0e9bcf8.jpg

It's my first time with critical plus. Looks good, nothing mind-blowing as far as vigour grows compared to amnesia:

IMG_20200107_105228_1.thumb.jpg.023d3efce24ff2904bdd374a814e2bed.jpg

I've grown kolossus before and she's normally a fat thick lady. Something didn't go quite right and they wound up being a week or two behind their dinafem siblings. I've got confidence in them though. Here's one of the 2 rows of kolossi:

IMG_20200107_105236_1.thumb.jpg.73090534de71e741f1ba7a1b22bcae3b.jpg

The moby dicks are some of the hungriest plants I've grown. About 1600ppm to keep them from showing deficiencies. My friend in Germany experienced the same. 

Individual plant pictures coming soon.

Best vibes

El Chupa

IMG_20200107_105213_1.jpg

IMG_20200104_140633_1.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, elchupacabra said:

Dealt with so many leaks that I should be made co-owner of Wikileaks.

I had to take a break reading this :rofl

I can't imagine how many different things you have to take into account before starting a operation like this (without even thinking about $$$).
Only a skillful & dexterous someone can make something like this happen; 

I'm very curious on how this will continue...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hey Chup,nice Warehouse Grow :tu  much success ! .........take care

19 hours ago, Crimson Fart said:

I had to take a break reading this :rofl

I can't imagine how many different things you have to take into account before starting a operation like this (without even thinking about $$$).
Only a skillful & dexterous someone can make something like this happen; 

I'm very curious on how this will continue...

Thanks, so am I. I'm not the skillfull and dextrous person. That's my partner.

17 hours ago, saxo said:

hey Chup,nice Warehouse Grow :tu  much success ! .........take care

Thanks for the wishes, Saxo. I'm gonna need it. 

Major problem today, one of the 3 phases wasn't working, took me a while to figure out that that was the problem. Definitely lost a few years of my lifespan in the stress of trying to figure out. 

Turns out it's the main fuse in the yellow line coming in...fucking tired of these idiots using low quality shit even when i specifically tell them and pay them extra to get better shit. 

Problem is that I'm not a good enough electrician. Everything from the transformer to the control panel has been done by a proper electrician. I just handled the simple wiring inside, from the individual boxes and breakers to equipment. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gardener said:

24,000 watts of lighting?  Wear shades in there.

That's a nice workspace.

Thank you, sir.

Yep, I've got these goofy looking covers for my glasses. I'm thinking of pulling the old ski goggles out of their dusty box. 

• Like 2

I've got a seemingly rare pheno of the critical jack, this one really looks like her sativa parent. Leaves are super slender, In the 40 seeds of critical jack I've popped over 2 grows, this is the only one I've seen like this. IMG_20200116_141416.thumb.jpg.2973e50c301d2e746d203ece3b2aae35.jpg

But my amnesia row is still the most vigorous:

IMG_20200116_134920_1.thumb.jpg.a9ce0cb4f7afb3295db5413c503ebdb3.jpg

Everything is really loving these 1000w gavitas. 

I've noticed that taking plants from their tube lights and putting em straight under the 1000w gavitas has its impacts. I'm not sure if it's because of the sudden increase in lighting, or what. But the plants all suffer a magnesium deficiency for a week or so despite the EC being at 1.15 - 1.2. IMG_20200103_173941.thumb.jpg.1a443d00061bd3d4df432da1cc6b81ab.jpg

IMG_20200103_174037.thumb.jpg.86b06d7bb9737b66733fd658e081a05b.jpg

After 7-10 days, the plants start picking up and growing beautifully, under the same EC. This deficiency can be significantly offset by spraying with Epsom salts (8g/L). It could also be because I ended up letting these sit in the DWC in the veg room for a bit too long, and the roots got tangled. Some of them definitely lost some root mass while untangling and moving them to the flower room. This could have impacted their ability to absorb nutrients through roots. It did affect different plants to varying degrees. Next round I will be able to tell for sure, I will eliminate the root entanglement variable. 

I will also have the same phenotype in each set of pipes so the issue of different plants requiring different levels of nutes is also eliminated. As of now this is an ongoing issue. 

I also am aware that mag def (maybe others as well) become visible only after they are already an issue for a while. So maybe they were having issues under the low power t5 lights which went unchecked. Lots of variables to control, but it's important to not make any assumptions in the best interest of scientific accuracy. 

The only complete pictures I have are from the cctv. Not very good quality but something > nothing. 

The row on the left side is the Critical Jack row. Critical plus on the right. 

1579173750776.thumb.jpg.95ff334e5198f10a85ee7bf1ab961f00.jpg

Overview.

1579173833677.thumb.jpg.214e6eb8e18ed0a01a11fde27cccedf2.jpg

Amnesia on the left

1579256067086.thumb.jpg.fcc35f91d6911760166413e272445efb.jpg

Will get some pics of the Kolossi shortly. 

Best vibes

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, saxo said:

Namaste Chupa! all is lookin happy in there

Happy Weekend!!

Hola amigo. Indeed, the ladies are happily bustling in the "wind". 

Happy weekend to you too! Would love to hear your thoughts on what the deficiency that I mentioned is all about, or any ideas you may have. 

Best vibes

El Chupacabra

Hey guys

Sorry for the lack of updates. Trimming/pruning is keeping me busy, the plants are growing beautifully and are now in their second week of flowering. 

EC is between 1.2-1.5. Amnesia and Kolossus are happy with 1.2-1.3. critical jack likes it at 1.5. critical plus - 25% of them are showing deficiencies while the other 75% is starting to show signs of potential nute burn. So the EC stays where it is right now. 

Look at the jungle!

signal-2020-02-05-140249.thumb.jpg.9b9eb770e05019ba286bda91634e2abb.jpg

Amnesia and Kolossus are really stretching. Amnesia was expected. I did not expect quite so much stretch from kolossus. The Kolossi - Beautiful open structured plants also, makes trimming and pruning very easy. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

no offence to hyrdo but seeing that kind of room and that kind of power really makes me dream of what that would look with organic soil under these girls!!! :dribble:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, oldschoolsg said:

no offence to hyrdo but seeing that kind of room and that kind of power really makes me dream of what that would look with organic soil under these girls!!! :dribble:

Me too bro. Unfortunately, I am limited by experience. My experience with organic soil indoors is limited, and I cannot afford to do this big of a grow with something where I still have much trial and error to do. I have a trial room next door which I am setting up. That will have some organics for sure. 

But the biggest thing is efficiency; I plan on completely automating all nutrient dosing next round, something that I cannot do with organic. Hell, I can't even automate watering without using some kind of electrical signal sent via soil moisture meter to a pump/water source that operates when moisture falls below a certain level. It can be done, probably, but given my lack of experience with organics, it's a large mountain for me to climb today. So I'm going with hydroponics which is easier to calculate and measure for logistical and automation purposes. I want as little human involvement as possible. 

But the experimenting in the trial room with organics continues. I'm not stuck in one boat; if I feel there is a better way to do what I am doing now, one that I have enough knowledge about, I will be the first to switch. 

Best vibes

Elchupa

• Like 4

Looking good just FYI I see the same leaf damage moving from tube light to 1000 watts , did some cheating  this round and fed them 1900 ppm right out of the gate still seen some yellowing but not as severe had some nitrogen toxicity for a few days but prevented half the plants going yellow some strains transitioned fine other showed the same symptoms yours show .  

19 hours ago, shiskaberry savior said:

Looking good just FYI I see the same leaf damage moving from tube light to 1000 watts , did some cheating  this round and fed them 1900 ppm right out of the gate still seen some yellowing but not as severe had some nitrogen toxicity for a few days but prevented half the plants going yellow some strains transitioned fine other showed the same symptoms yours show .  

Thanks for the account, shiskaberry. 

I want to know if it's due to the change in light intensity, or light colour, or what. Because I faced the issue with the first row I put in the flower room, and the lights were set at 600w at that point. Yet I never faced this issue with the 600w hps I used despite the plants being much closer. Definitely needs input from a more knowledgeable individual

15 hours ago, Hamme Hydro said:

Awesome, just awesome! 

Welcome, and thanks!

5 hours ago, Maria sanchez said:

Oh, wow, this is so good!

We want to know everything about this grow.

Keep us posted (and tagged)!

I'll be updating it as regularly as possible. 

Follow the topic, I may not remember to tag during all of my posts. They're usually done pretty baked :p

• Like 2

I’ve also raised the lights and cut power to 600 to try and attempt to eliminate them from yellowing , at least the whole room didn’t go yellow this time . 

Increasing cal mag and nitrogen right off the get go sure seemed to help there under 1000 watts now and greening up nicely , I’m thinking a combination of raising the lights , cutting power back and upping nutes definitely helped with there transition. 

If you come up with a better solution to the problem please let me know . 

• Like 3

Fantastic set up, for many of us, a dream unfolds!!

[. Some of them definitely lost some root mass while untangling and moving them to the flower room. This could have impacted their ability to absorb nutrients through roots. It did affect different plants to varying degrees. Next round I will be able to tell for sure, I will eliminate the root entanglement variable. ]

I've not run hydro in a long time, but I always saw a stammer, when I would rinse medium off my young plants root mass, when I would set plants into my krusty buckets, that was only onto  lava rock. I ran 24/7 with nutrients feeding the buckets, and as I loaded the room,  that was all naked bulbs hanging, with a blend of 400's, 600's and a single 1 K back then. Plugging them in as the plants matured, and about 5-7 days I would see a huge growth spurt. That is why I think your root mass disturbance may be the prime issue.

Freaking lovely work!!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, shiskaberry savior said:

I’ve also raised the lights and cut power to 600 to try and attempt to eliminate them from yellowing , at least the whole room didn’t go yellow this time . 

Increasing cal mag and nitrogen right off the get go sure seemed to help there under 1000 watts now and greening up nicely , I’m thinking a combination of raising the lights , cutting power back and upping nutes definitely helped with there transition. 

If you come up with a better solution to the problem please let me know . 

Will keep you posted brother. 

The 1900 ppm is a bit scary for me, I've never crossed 750ppm (1.5 mS/cm EC). I read accounts of people growing with 3.0 EC and wonder if I'm doing something majorly wrong. 

The lower wattage should help, do keep me posted if you figure out anything as well. 

7 hours ago, webeblzr said:

Fantastic set up, for many of us, a dream unfolds!!

[. Some of them definitely lost some root mass while untangling and moving them to the flower room. This could have impacted their ability to absorb nutrients through roots. It did affect different plants to varying degrees. Next round I will be able to tell for sure, I will eliminate the root entanglement variable. ]

I've not run hydro in a long time, but I always saw a stammer, when I would rinse medium off my young plants root mass, when I would set plants into my krusty buckets, that was only onto  lava rock. I ran 24/7 with nutrients feeding the buckets, and as I loaded the room,  that was all naked bulbs hanging, with a blend of 400's, 600's and a single 1 K back then. Plugging them in as the plants matured, and about 5-7 days I would see a huge growth spurt. That is why I think your root mass disturbance may be the prime issue.

Freaking lovely work!!

Thanks mate. I'm going to ensure it doesn't happen next time. Will also be seeing if the same occurs under a 250w quantum board and a 400w COB. 

It's a dream unfolding for me as well. I just never expected a nightmare of teething problems to be a part of it. But now I know what all goes into setting up a big grow room. I won't make these mistakes again, and I may just post a thread on things not to do when setting up a grow. 

Best vibes

• Like 3

This setup looks great!

Interesting about the Mg deficiency. I wonder if going to brighter light triggers the plant to produce a lot of chlorophyl, beyond the ability of the plants to draw up Mg through the roots, temporarily.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Misterdirt said:

This setup looks great!

Interesting about the Mg deficiency. I wonder if going to brighter light triggers the plant to produce a lot of chlorophyl, beyond the ability of the plants to draw up Mg through the roots, temporarily.

This is the kind of info I was talking about. Makes sense. I only recently found out that chlorophyll is very similar to haemoglobin, except for the Fe atom being substituted with Mg. 

• Like 2

Hey growers

Been a while, and I've been busy. Experiencing some major humidity problems, so had to get another dehumidifier and stick it in there.

Roots have clogged the outlet pipes twice so far and caused severe flooding. Next round, I will get rid of the current system with a 1/2" drain pipe that is connected to the bottom of the pipe. I have an idea for a far far more foolproof system with much less risk of leaks. 

A few Kolossi almost died due to the water pump being inadvertently turned off. Rushed and saved them with a flick of a switch in the nick of time. They were all wilting and I thought they were dead. They made it back, but I'm sure the stress will show its effect when the crop is being weighed. 

Onto the pictures. 

Everything is looking incredible, especially considering that my humidity was at 70% for 2 weeks. 

Here are some critical jack runts to kick things off:

IMG_20200215_161012.thumb.jpg.3ef938d876eb39a714ce145e5c86e0c9.jpg

Here are some critical jacks that are not runts to keep things going:

IMG_20200215_160937.thumb.jpg.d8b8aa68093874c1b147f4c242dd5a37.jpg

I don't remember which plant this is. But I am fairly certain it's an amnesia based on where it's located in the room:

IMG_20200215_160945.thumb.jpg.98768c0f9ca9fee9aee6f3eef4df1067.jpg

Another picture of amnesias. There's one little runt among them that you can see in the front. It's the only of the amnesia runts that I have though. The rest show far less size variation.

IMG_20200215_160840.thumb.jpg.57dc567d9b593536162902bff0adfbef.jpg

A truly large amnesia. Tall, wide, shooting for the skies:

IMG_20200215_160751.thumb.jpg.4c73d8be26244595614160da8d861a26.jpg

Strongly recommend critical jack over amnesia for anyone with height constraints. 50% of the stretch in comparison; the trade off is that there is a bit more variability in the seeds:

IMG_20200215_160922.thumb.jpg.009b04360b2aaacc45e718cf7b5dba62.jpg

I have started a mild dose of PK for the critical jacks and critical plus rows as these strains come to the end of their stretch.

I might find a 7-week flower in this room, based on how things are looking. 

Best vibes

El chupa

• Like 4

Looking nice :) 

Good luck with the end of flowering :verrygood

• Like 2