•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

On 3/27/2020 at 2:49 PM, Maria sanchez said:

El Chupa has lockdown with 10 kg of herb.

Stay safe, amigo.

I wish. 

The harvest was very rushed and hurried. I had planned to chop the plants and hang them with leaves and all in the scrog net. But it was taking too much time, time which I didn't have. 

An executive decision was taken on a novel drying method: 

The pipes were drained, reservoirs emptied, pumps turned off, lights off. Without any water like that, the plants die in a few hours. 

This is novel only because, normally, you'd like to clean the pipes and put the next batch of clones in. But I don't know when that kind of commitment will be possible from my side.

They will sit there for the next 10 days or so as they dry. Didn't get many pics, due to the rush I was in. Police routinely check these industrial estates to ensure that there is no activity during lockdown period. If they see air conditioning running, they ask to open the site to make sure nobody is working inside. We have an arrangement with them but it's still not good to be the only warehouse with running air conditioners. Draws attention. 

The critical jack #7 before crop:

IMG_20200330_161245_1.thumb.jpg.72fd1cab44484db0e20ab5ee346048d2.jpg

Closer:

IMG_20200330_161237.thumb.jpg.6e140377c059e0814b8004fd24eba106.jpg

She had another 2 weeks to go, easy. If I had given her another 2 weeks, I would have seen magic.

Even my winning amnesia wasn't quite done. Another week or so, she had. But I'll definitely run this amnesia (#8) and the critical jack #7 again. 

IMG_20200330_161223.thumb.jpg.6376f205795292e0a45f3f8b25b34e5c.jpg

I will also rerun amnesia #5:

IMG_20200330_161211_1.thumb.jpg.255e27f0403ac207ced38e85afcac67b.jpg

Closer:

IMG_20200330_161205_1.thumb.jpg.98981e9c6399cd8b0f17cb3ff59766e7.jpg

everythjng is looking very wonky as I was unable to visit for about 6-7 days. the critical plus row was unaffected as they were at that stage where they weren't drinking much apart from water.

I saw the root health, not very happy with how this turned out. I think I will get rid of the pipes and just use multiple 200L plastic tanks fed by a central master tank with nutes controlled by the intelligrow controller. I think if done right I should only have to empty the reservoir once or twice throughout the cycle. It will be totally 6000 - 7200L of water.

The other option is to build metal tables with maybe a foot of wall at the sides, making the top of the table essentially a big tank. Line it with pond liner, set up a feed and drain pipe, and I should be good to go. Could also just have it welded directly to the scrog structure I have already and I'm in business.

However, at a 30cm wall height, each "table" would be 30cm x 140cm x 730 cm in volume - upwards of 2000 litres per row and 12000 for the full room. That's too much, I think. So will probably go ahead with the tanks.

Best vibes at bad times

El chupa

• Like 5

11 hours ago, elchupacabra said:

The harvest was very rushed and hurried. I had planned to chop the plants and hang them with leaves and all in the scrog net. But it was taking too much time, time which I didn't have. 

An executive decision was taken on a novel drying method: 

The pipes were drained, reservoirs emptied, pumps turned off, lights off. Without any water like that, the plants die in a few hours. 

This is novel only because, normally, you'd like to clean the pipes and put the next batch of clones in. But I don't know when that kind of commitment will be possible from my side.

They will sit there for the next 10 days or so as they dry. Didn't get many pics, due to the rush I was in. Police routinely check these industrial estates to ensure that there is no activity during lockdown period. If they see air conditioning running, they ask to open the site to make sure nobody is working inside. We have an arrangement with them but it's still not good to be the only warehouse with running air conditioners. Draws attention. 

Best vibes at bad times

El chupa

That's a real pity, but better safe than sorry.

Hey fellas and fellissimas,

finally ready to get back into action. Lost all but 2 clones due to having to shut and cut power to the site. Took a couple clones and stuck em in a grow tent at home with as little power as possible to curtail their growth. Both were amnesia. 

sweet amnesia haze by sweet seeds is a true dreamer. Amazing smoke, brilliant taste, but like the rest of their lineup, not a great yielder. 

the jack pheno of critical jack was also amazing. 

the winning phenos of amnesia gave me around 300-400g a piece and they’re the ones I’m going forward with. They’re vegging away.

meanwhile, I’ve been hard at work with my partner. Got rid of all the pipes and the clogging they bring and set up an overkill Rdwc setup. Total of 1200L of water for 12 plants, and 2 inch pipes connecting the tanks. Total water volume is a whopping 7200 litres, but this along with the automation should ensure that I never have to come just to fill nutes, and that I never experience any sort of flooding. I did this for all the pipe setups. Tired of dealing with clogged pipes and drilling holes in curved surfaces and plugging up the side of the fittings to make sure they don’t leak.

shifting to jr peters ferts this time. GH Flora would just get unnecessarily expensive. I’m working on formulating my own nutes but that’s a trial and error process it’ll do on the side. 

also have some of FoTH’s Auto Shackzilla and Sweet Seeds Auto Trainwreck on the way. Should be done by end of the year, while the photo plants should be done by late jan I guess.

hope everyone is okay and we didn’t lose anyone. starting to feel that COVID is a far smaller threat than it’s been made to be, somehow I don’t think we should be shutting down the world for a 0.16% mortality rate. But I’m no virologist, just statistically literate.

best vibes

el Chupa

• Like 2

Organ damage caused by COVID-19

Organs that may be affected by COVID-19 include:

• Heart. Imaging tests taken months after recovery from COVID-19 have shown lasting damage to the heart muscle, even in people who experienced only mild COVID-19 symptoms. This may increase the risk of heart failure or other heart complications in the future.
  • Lungs. The type of pneumonia often associated with COVID-19 can cause long-standing damage to the tiny air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs. The resulting scar tissue can lead to long-term breathing problems.
  • Brain. Even in young people, COVID-19 can cause strokes, seizures and Guillain-Barre syndrome — a condition that causes temporary paralysis. COVID-19 may also increase the risk of developing Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.