•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Thought I'd toss in an update.

1. Two of the Pineapple Fields plants just got to the cotyledon stage of growth and croaked. One had no true leaves, this one started on true leaves, and then decided the world was too cruel.

2. and 3. The other 8 PFs are looking good. They're kind of all over the place, as polyhybrids tend to be. The one on the left has kind of weird, crinkly leaves. Others have long sativa leaves and still others are quite indica looking, but it seems like indica looking leaves when plants are small doesn't mean much.

4. & 5. By comparison, @KomaKreations Peyote Pancakes all look similarly indica. They're also the shortest plants I have, so far. They might need booster seats. You can see the early Ca/Mg deficiency in the lower leaves. All better now.

6. & 7: These are the Blueberry Quintessa plants. Traits are somewhat variable, but they look like they'll be tall, sativa plants, at this point.

8. & 9. These are the Lemon Thai F3s, by @smilestyle. Toothy little babies of various heights. I assume at least one tall one is a boy.

10 & 11. The Miss U Jacks are all uniformly tall and sativa-looking.

12 & 13. @santero's Lemon Bubba all look like they have indica-like leaves, except maybe for one that looks more hybrid-like. One is taller than the rest.

I'm not sure if all these pics will come out in the order I dragged them into the little window. If not, I'll be back to try and straighten them out.

IMG_5628.jpg

IMG_5629.jpg

IMG_5631.jpg

IMG_5632.jpg

IMG_5633.jpg

IMG_5634.jpg

IMG_5635.jpg

IMG_5636.jpg

IMG_5637.jpg

IMG_5638.jpg

IMG_5639.jpg

IMG_5640.jpg

IMG_5641.jpg

• Like 10

Lemon Thai allways shows some variation and many phenotypes. From stretched Sativas to mostly Indica types.

But the high is allways there, only the taste varies.

You´re right, the tall ones are often males.

smile

• Like 1

I've been looking forward to Lemon Thai for a long time. I must have had the seeds about 5 years now.

They run the range from short to tall. All of them seem to share deep teeth on their leaves. One has a sort of "crinkle leaf" deformity, but seems healthy.

They don't look like "out of control" sativas, but I know Lemon Berry could get pretty big.

The number of females I have will determine how large the pots will be and how large the individual plants will be allowed to get.

A few of these babies have some primordial pre-flowers appearing. Two Pineapple Fields are starting to show. One looks like a male, the other is unknown. One Lemon Thai kind of looks like a girl so far.

I'm not axing the "male" yet, since I've been fooled before.

This is a group shot. The three in Smart Pots had an issue with some reused soil that was too hot, but they recovered after replanting in fresh stuff. I was thinking that they aren't very far along for their age, but looking back at the beginning of this thread, the oldest ones are about 4 weeks. A few hadn't even sprouted 4 weeks ago.

Pineapple Fields is on the right, with some Peyote Pancake next to it, which is next to Blueberry Quintessa which is next to Lemon Thai which is next to Miss U Jack which is next to Lemon Bubba on the left side.

Peyote Pancake looks like it will be a big, sturdy indica-looking plant. The BQs all have purple stems.

IMG_5654.jpg

• Like 5

I should really put them in the big tent under an HID and quit fooling around in this tiny tent. But you might have heard tell that I am a stoner, so I haven't done that yet.

This weekend for certain, said the stoner, and I'll transplant any that are looking kinda girlish, which is about 5 as of this morning.

It amazes me that at times I've had 40 em-effin plants in this 2' x 4' tent, until they showed pre-flowers.

I'm interested in seeing how well putting the ethylene source in the tent worked on M/F ratio. So far, only a few have shown:

Lemon Thai: 2 males, 2 females, 1 unknown

Miss U Jack: 1 male, 2 females, 2 unknown

Pineapple Fields: 1 male, 7 unknown

Blueberry Qunitessa: unknown

Lemon Bubba: unkown

Peyote Pancake: 1 male, 4 unknown

So far, the boys are in the lead! I don't expect to hold. Let's hear it for the girls!

I was hoping they'd all show before I left for work for a week, and I can transplant them all into final pots. Most of the bitches just won't cooperate with my schedule. I've grown to expect this kind of disrespectful treatment from Cannabis plants, which is why I've subjected them to severe training and UV lights in the past. It wasn't about quality or quantity anymore, just payback.

OK, maybe I'm revealing too much about myself. Until next time!

• Like 2

On 2/26/2020 at 3:33 PM, Misterdirt said:

It wasn't about quality or quantity anymore, just payback.

ow, i understand that so well, haha :lol:
(and a very nice choice of words, btw !)

from my seat it looks like the ethylene did not really influence the ratio too much (?)