•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Sacred Plant Warrior

seed vials and sizes help

Hi folks,

i was just about to use another sectional to store seeds. and put back in the fridge. I DECIDED IT WOULD BE BEST TO USE SEED VIALS since storage will be greatly condensed,makes storage easier and inventory too. the baggies and packaging takes up too much space and needs a fix. ijs

i have some vials that are perfect size but have no idea how to measure them. i asked the dude who sent them where he gets his but haven't got a reply yet i just asked today. i looked on amazon and also  this site https://www.420packaging.com/ too.

what size would be best to hold like 30 seeds. no i don't have 30 seeds to put in them but i want room to label them  and the larger vials makes that much easier. i'll post a picture of the vial i like after i post this.

A6CA9DBF-3388-425B-922C-DB9D86F8204E.jpegSo the length is like 11/8 inches  and 1/4 “  width approx. thx 

• Like 1

I've been using U line for ages now, I use their seal a meal bags on a roll, I got my color coded Rubbermaid trash cans from there, all the bottle's and droppers come from there. Baggies of all sizes, I love this place. I never looked up small vials before.

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-19522/Jars/Plastic-Vials-2-oz  probably to big for your need. But I may get some also. 

I have 1 male mauie wowie, and 1 female, born on the same day, so I'm clipping pollen sacks, and going to try and use a branch to make seeds on it.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 6:44 PM, Sacred Plant Warrior said:

Hi folks,

i was just about to use another sectional to store seeds. and put back in the fridge. I DECIDED IT WOULD BE BEST TO USE SEED VIALS since storage will be greatly condensed,makes storage easier and inventory too. the baggies and packaging takes up too much space and needs a fix. ijs

i have some vials that are perfect size but have no idea how to measure them. i asked the dude who sent them where he gets his but haven't got a reply yet i just asked today. i looked on amazon and also  this site https://www.420packaging.com/ too.

what size would be best to hold like 30 seeds. no i don't have 30 seeds to put in them but i want room to label them  and the larger vials makes that much easier. i'll post a picture of the vial i like after i post this.

A6CA9DBF-3388-425B-922C-DB9D86F8204E.jpegSo the length is like 11/8 inches  and 1/4 “  width approx. thx 

Looks like 9/8.

1 hour ago, Gardener said:

Looks like 9/8.

Lol I just laughed so hard 

Search Eppendorf tubes or microcentrifuge tubes.

Paging @Indican help a homie out. You're always ordering these bad boys.

I'm imagining they are the 1.5 or 2 ml size that are used most often. I have gotten some small ones before too. 

I sent the word out to a few people. Big Worm was the first to get back.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NIBGDO0?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title#

Says he uses 1.5 ml and that's where he gets them. Says you can get different colored. It's $25 for 1000 of them but the link is for the $7 100 pack.

Indi responded on insta and said search Amazon for 1.5 ml tubes. Says he gets them for $12 for 500. Says 1ml is too small for labels.

Seattle Chronic says .5ml for 12 seeds 1ml or larger for more.

I have a msg out to Warped Genetics as Ron (Motarebel) but I'm sure they'll say similar. 

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Warped Genetics says he uses 1.5 ml and so does Mota.

I'm confident that most of my tubes are 1.5 ml and I have some 2ml and a couple .5 ml that came with some (2pc) freebies over the years.

A 1.5 ml will hold 40 or 50 beans then :)

THX. FOLKS,

there seems to be a consensus. but i actually think dude forgot the size cause that tube in the picture is pretty big. so i'll compare that size with a tube from big worm gear, i have a couple of his packs at least two maybe 3. 

dude got back to me and sais he used. .5ml and based on that i decided 1.5 would be best. saw micrometers for approx 20$ and less and some with shipping for that price. = use for a economical seed cracker, with finer adjustment than the 55$ original version.  if it helps me revive just one good strain that's worth preserving or repro's it pays for itself instantly. same would be true of the other but i'm too thrifty when i can do better and keep my coin. ijs