•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Sacred Plant Warrior

How do you spell relief?

They say a picture speaks a thousand words. After over a year dealing with this monster; finally the bulldog can stop fighting this match and get some rest for upcoming matches.  Such is my life .

flip side is the ribs should be done out the slow cooker when I get downstairs after posting this. 

FD26A8AC-35FD-4F9E-9D7E-05DCEC1E2970.jpeg

A89AC24D-033C-4C3B-9D6A-94435F50E5E8.jpeg

D34AA0AA-0383-4AA2-81DD-614E8283D8AF.jpeg

8B2D8053-0B8A-4FA4-BF79-5B2B32405458.jpeg

B2475641-D246-4578-895D-A54F413C7968.jpeg

92534271-F08B-4A59-AF03-F3824C1AC834.jpeg

How do i spell relief?

Well i think they say Punci in Hungary lol

Man those pics don't belong together

Its like looking at a train wreck before dinner.

Well at least you got it out.

• Haha 1

Crockpot ribs? Nooooo! ;)

I'm a dedicated charcoal guy.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2020 at 10:03 AM, Misterdirt said:

They look really good, but you can get three years for that, in North Carolina.   They guard their BBQ more than they do their moonshine.

• Haha 2

On 1/25/2020 at 10:03 AM, Misterdirt said:

i had to change as char isn't good for the body = carcinogenic. so, i rarely eat anything charred i cut/scrape it off. old way was to boil thin put on the grill or finish on the oven. we couldn't afford smokers u dig. i'm just after flavor and tenderness and i can get that every time now without fail.  i'll be doing more  crock pot cooking as i get into it more.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sacred Plant Warrior said:

i had to change as char isn't good for the body = carcinogenic. so, i rarely eat anything charred i cut/scrape it off. old way was to boil thin put on the grill or finish on the oven. we couldn't afford smokers u dig. i'm just after flavor and tenderness and i can get that every time now without fail.  i'll be doing more  crock pot cooking as i get into it more.

I've got three racks in my freezer now, I'm going to try it.  You can put a car bumper in a crock pot long enough, and it'll be tasty.  

How do you do yours?  Are you slow cooking them, then finishing them in the oven?   I always did this three stage thing, 2 and half hours in oven at 225 with dry rub only, wrap in foil with 50/50 mix of apple/grape juice for another hour at 225, then finish on the grill.  

Making me me hungry now!

@dieseldog381

all i do is dry rub or not = your choice. use a crockpot liner . layer sliced onions in the bottom of the crock-pot = optional. 

sauce the ribs but not too much and lay the ribs on top of the onions. cover and cook on low 8 hrs. i set a timer for 7.5 hrs for prevent defense. you have a choice to let the dry rub set in ahead of time before putting the ribs in the slow cooker or doing it right away.  waiting at least 20 minutes is better if you pout a dry rub on.

slather sauce on the ribs over the dry rub and slow cook. 

yes, finish under the broiler after you put some more sauce on top. if the broiler is on high stay there and watch them. it won't take long to get that desired crust. 

p.s don't forget to remove the membrane before you put the dry rub on.