•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Sacred Plant Warrior

Hoist:pulley help

Hi folks, so, I will show a picture of what I have to hang a light in the basement.  I have two and package came with plenty of nylon type rope   It no instructions. 

I’m headed to google to see what I can drum up.  Yes, I could just wing it but rather have it operate as designed to make it simpler. 

Thx for any help. My kids want to say hi so here they are laying on me as usual lol.

as of now big nail In the ceiling joist,  one for each pulley.  Steel ring hung on that and the pulley hangs off the steel oblong ring. carabiner  style closed loop. 

saw this video of the exact same thing. no instructions but based on what he has said it seems i will simply  have to rig each independently which it wasn't designed for. but had i had ot already and it was free in the 1st place. 

865CBB6A-1D3B-4515-9689-8FC9716DA845.jpeg

C9A4F21F-2217-4EEF-B49B-23D68BE643E7.jpeg

272725B2-7D4C-4733-B5F8-CFEF8DB38138.jpeg

09129FCB-AE0A-4D80-9805-B3772AB0868E.jpeg

02283F7E-1304-4800-A40B-03896A0CE2DD.jpeg

• Like 1

Hey SPW,  when I used the light pulleys, I would first decide where my plants were going to sit, then find and mark the center of that area on the floor.

Make your self a quickie plumb bob, tie something heavy a fishing weight, a couple of ounces worth, on a string, or the pulley rope, as the weight hangs down, raise other end up about where the pulley will hang, as you let the hanging plumb bob, down to the floor, then raise it up an inch or so to hang free, then move so the weight finds your mark on the floor where the center of your plants will be. 

Now fasten down the nail/screw, through pulley hangar, I always use screws, over nails myself.

Put the rope through the center pulley, and let reach to the light kit, sitting on the floor, and fasten the rope end however you need to, so it hangs level. The other end of the rope will need to cut so you can raise them up, and tie off to a clevis mounted on the wall, or another nail to tie to, once you have light hanging where you wish.

I hope this makes sense to ya man, good luck in your grow.

However,

https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-Adjustable-Fixtures-Gardening-Capacity

these make life so much easier IMHO. Well not moving lights is so much easier to me. I never touch them anymore.

• Like 1

@webeblzr DON'T LOL. I HAVE THOSE hangers things with all the stuff for the tent except clip fans and thermometers. i wanted to make use of that,  which i now know is like a block and tackle type pulley . waste not want not lol. thx dude 

i did think of screws , but i have a new hammer and no drill so...   i imagine 20-4 for for like 5-7 days and if all is well flip time. one of the main issues is they needed more light than they were getting.  the clones are quite vigorous so with real light they should be a piece of cake to grow normally = not have to hold them back like i have been doing.  hell in coco they should grow crazy fast. 

7 in small pots, 2 clones in cups = one a week old 1 just done today and 3 old beat down moms in larger pots , 1 is smaller than the others but hey it is what it is. 

• Like 1

Hey SPW, sorry I offered no help, I figured you just wanted to use those, I used a pair just like that with my foam room 10-12 years ago now. I was lifting a 4' -8 tube T-5 light kit. I did figure out to get it up and down, but it was a bear. I tried a few different ways to thread it, so the lift pressure would be easier......FAIL, so it got smashed up high and forgot about.

I have a big ass pile of the ones in the amazon link. I once found a bag of them for sale, I think down in Laurel MD at that shop. Since I quit worrying about adjusting lights up and down, or all the years of naked hanging lights, I'd spend so much time moving here, for the optimum usage, or over there for a while. 

I thought, damn man the grow area's are way over clocked for the space now, why do the dance? Then once I bought a great quality LED, I VERY quickly realized quality LED's do not need to be yoyo'ed at all, and very best results were to place them up as high as possible in my tents. For me personally, the day of HPS/MH is long gone, as I use up my spare bulbs and what not or give that stuff to one of the gardens still using it. Damn I got a big pile of decent stuff someone could use.

Same with fans, thermometer have not used either one in 15-18 years now, and the real beauty of LED's was I can year round, with NO AC anymore.

Best of luck in your grow man.  I'm heading over to see about getting some of those Mel Frank beans before there gone. Ciao

• Like 1