•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Hill-Billy

Growing The Unknown

I do a little seed making so there is a chance a little pollen gets blown in the wind.  I started saving those random seeds you find in a bud after it hit me they might grow some good smoke.  Anyway I put them in a little jar and have know idea what the mom and dad was.  It also gives me a chance to try things I don't want to try with paid for seeds.  This first round I put them on the 12/12 two weeks after germination.  Always wanted to try this and am kind of surprised at the outcome. I ended up with 4 females and as expected they are all very different. This first one is in a one gallon cloth pot. Something else I wanted to try as I use three gallon ones most of the time.  400 watt HPS for the bulb, Promix,  perlite and Texas Tomato Fertilizer is the set up.  One thing I noticed is I am not stressing out looking for a certain pheno. I just relax and watch the show :)  

mystery.thumb.jpg.b316851fdea313af8ecac32c4ed3d1bb.jpg

1048283868_mystery(2).thumb.jpg.f480e64b39b8a8100c27b2e320c36e1a.jpg

• Like 9

Beautiful bro. Nice work great color 

I love urban farms vegetable food awesome stuff 

The random seeds is fun I do solo cups when I play lol 

Edited by Papalag
  • Like 2

@Papalag...I think I an going to stay with the 1 gallon bags on these grows.  Just a big step up from a solo cup :)

@webeblzr....The color might be coming from USC'S Black Afghani or just got lucky and pulled some color buried deep in some genetics somewhere :) 

• Like 2

Another source of the random seed you find in a bag of weed is a hermie flower that popped somewhere in the grow. They're always "feminized" and can often be great self-pollenated plants. I'm thinking of growing a seed from a GMO or Garlic Cookies eighth that I bought that was absolutely fantastic.

It will have to be watched closely for hermies, but the lab report on the bud came out at over 29% total THC, so... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Misterdirt said:

Another source of the random seed you find in a bag of weed is a hermie flower that popped somewhere in the grow. They're always "feminized" and can often be great self-pollenated plants. I'm thinking of growing a seed from a GMO or Garlic Cookies eighth that I bought that was absolutely fantastic.

It will have to be watched closely for hermies, but the lab report on the bud came out at over 29% total THC, so... 

I got my first hermie ever using the unknown seeds.  I have had a couple throw some nana's ....wonder if that is where it come from? 

On 2/20/2020 at 6:50 PM, Hill-Billy said:

I got my first hermie ever using the unknown seeds.  I have had a couple throw some nana's ....wonder if that is where it come from? 

If all the random seeds you find in a bud or bag here and there turn out to be girls, they're probably from female plants that popped a male flower at some point in the grow.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Misterdirt said:

If all the random seeds you find in a bud or bag here and there turn out to be girls, they're probably from female plants that popped a male flower at some point in the grow.

Thank you @Misterdirt :)  The female do's and don'ts get me confused :)  Kind of like the whole transgender thing  :)  

• Like 1

attention, please:
this thread was asked to be deleted by hill-billy due to hamme hydro
having a different opinion as him about re-using soil (in mrD's thread).

altho i can't see any logic in this i will (of course) do as hill-billy
has asked of me and erase this (completely unrelated) thread.

i will close it for now and erase it in a few days, when i do my weekly clean up here.

• Haha 1