•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Gimme5minutes

My Garden 2020

I thought I'd make a point of starting a 2020 grow journal, I kept putting it off last year and only showcased a little bit of it at the end of the season. I got off with a real head start this year, I've never sprouted seeds this early before, I usually anticipate a freak snowstorm, flooding or a power outage in March.
    I got another tent and an new LED light. My new tent measures 36" x 20" x 62" and the light is a Mars Hydro SP 150. I've been using it only a few weeks but I am loving it. Super bright, great coverage, no fans or noise and gives off very little heat. I have 8 autoflowers under it right now. The rest of the plants are tucked away under my old 150W HPS and cheap LED. These older lights are loud and cost too much to run, they may end up being replaced real soon.
    I'm going to be busy, a lot of people have asked me for clones, like everybody I know. I'm going to distance myself from my previous projects and I will endeavour to focus on some fresh ideas. This year I will be trying out new seed stock, some new early strains, medical, autos, and some of last year's creations. Here's my lineup:

3 x Blue Angel fems (FoS)
3 x Mighty Grape fems (FoS)
1 x OGKZ fem fast flowering (HSO)
5 x Seraph f2 reg (Woodhorse)
5 x LaSAGE x Killer Cookies reg (THSeeds/Santero)
5 x GSC x Killer Cookies reg (Blimburn/Santero)
1 x Fuckin' Incredible reg (VISC)
11 x Sweet Cream Auto fems (Expert Seeds)

They have all popped up and the females are in 2 gallon buckets, the regular ones in little cups. I have a bunch of feminized freebies I'd like to try also if the space materializes. I've grown the Mighty Grape outdoors previously and I know it finishes in early September. Mighty Grape and the Blue Angel will account for the bulk of my outdoor plants and clones I cut. The autos, Seraph and the cookie hybrids will be done indoors exclusive of the others. I'm dying to see how they turn out. Have to see how it goes. I'll take some pics next time.

• Like 6

Well, nothing ever really goes as planned. Camera's bust, thought it was just a bad chord but no, its broken. On top of that I'm getting sick, fever, cough, all the good signs. On the bright side, everything for the garden is going well. It occurred to me that a lot of my starts are going to to be done exclusively indoors and only a few will be planted outside. Blue Angel, Mighty Grape and OGKZ will be for the outdoors after I take some cuttings, everything else will be finished inside. I'll put together a separate journal for the indoor gear soon as I get another camera. That's really about it, I mean, the Fuckin' Incredible didn't germinate but that's all for now.

• Like 3

Wow, this sucks, self isolation, eating ramen everyday and reeking of disinfectant. I'm jammed into a tiny trailer with plants in the bathroom, under a bunk and in little grow tent. I'm surrounded by plants at all times. The outside world is getting scary. I walked into my bank last Friday wearing a ski mask, no one batted an eye, the bank teller said it was nice to see someone taking this seriously.

I'm having difficulty finding a camera that's compatible with my ancient Mac OS. I'm using eBay with no success. Just got another one in the mail on Monday, totally unresponsive. I have glorious sights to share and no way of doing it.

So, anyway, all the autos started budding exactly 6 weeks from germination, on the last day of March. I've taken 14 cuttings from the photoperiod females, 2 from each girl. All the Seraph have also had a cutting taken from them and I've left the cookie hybrids as is. Everything looks wonderful.

I have 3 kinds of starter lights going, the difference between them is huge. I have the clones and the cookie hybrids under CFL bulbs, the cheap household kind. The bulbs are very close to the leaves, there's little heat. Everything grows slow, wide and short; nothing explosive. Plants under the HPS grow big and spacious, It will cause any plant to stretch outward and upwards. The Mars Hydro LED is the best light by far. The plants grown under the LED have leaves like lettuce. They produce  very short plants, super tight nodes. The canopy became so dense that no light was getting through it. I've had to switch plants around under the HPS to get them to expand outward and putting some light in there.

I'd like to be outside digging my garden, finding somewhere to put all this. Instead I get to sit here and wait for the world to change. Could be a lot worse, I'm feeling fine and I haven't heard of anyone locally who has got sick yet. 

• Like 1

heya gimme :) the gsc i used is the forum cut. clone only, not blimburn seed.
the sage is the hennep cut that eskobar also used(, but was not allowed to tell).

gonna stick around and have an eye on these seraph f2's.
woodhorse sure knows his stuff. these will be great, i bet !

• Like 2

Hi Santero, thanks for chiming in. I sprinkled some pollen from one of your Killer Cookie males grown last summer on a couple of clones I tried indoors during Autumn. Just something to play with. One was the Blimburn GSC that I did a smoke report on, the other was a La SAGE female from THSeeds, both were great plants. I ended up with a few dozen seeds from La SAGE and over a thousand from the cookies. I'm excited to see how they end up.

I'm loving the Seraph f2s, they are the shortest statured plants so far, a dense Xmas tree pattern. Plenty of lateral branching, the leaves have a glossy appearance. I've just taken cuttings, I'd to try some indoors as well.

• Like 1

ooh, that's some amazing combos, mate :)
now they became really interesting for me.
*woot*

did you take some snaps of the seraphs, maybe?

• Thanks 1

When I get a working camera I'll take plenty of pics, I have a feeling that might be a while yet.

• Like 1

a great reading linage,you´ve got there!! Best o luck,Bro!!!

• Thanks 1

Alright, update; 4 out of 5 Seraph are males, so far at least. The one that remains has a beautiful candied syrup funk to it and an eye catching amount of solid purple. I've placed a couple of Blue Angels and a couple of Mighty Grapes in the ground. All my autos are looking good, lots of healthy buds developing, same with the cookie hybrids. I think I'll flip them around 4/20. I have about 32 clones cut and  rooting and I intend to cut another 30 this week. In a last minute panic I have also started germinating some leftovers and homegrown projects. These include the remaining 4 Seraph seeds, some more Turkish Skunk and a handful of Automatic Turkish Northern Lights. Just ordered another camera, hopefully it doesn't take too long getting here.

• Like 1

Good news! I got a working camera and managed to get some pics this time. Being stuck indoors is a pain, its so nice outside.

Here's the garden, 2 each of Blue Angel and Mighty Grape.

thegarden.thumb.jpg.3cc440402560c9c859d09edb48b1a665.jpg

Here are the Seraph males.

1577907481_Seraphmalesinthesun.thumb.jpg.1e372556e2295982b65db95c64cfa825.jpg

This used to be my bathroom.

usedtobemybathroom.thumb.jpg.12dc06ab0fb33b470663446ad1a8cf85.jpg

This is my small veg tent, top left is OGKZ, to the right is Blue Angel, bottom left is Mighty Grape and the others are smaller cookie hybrids.

vegtent.thumb.jpg.1e95f6cb65155de975f2fcc30cd35b56.jpg

• Like 5

Quick update, Lots of new surprises. The autos look a few weeks from finishing. Plenty of quarter ounce/half ounce plants, not much bigger. Not seeing the same results as compared to other breeders, these genetics are at least a few generations away from the current standard for autoflowers. Hmmm...Expert Seeds, buy 5 get 11 free, too good to be true? Aside from that, my new sprouts have been reasonably successful. I couldn't get any of the old Turkish Skunk to split. Still, nice while they lasted. All four Seraph have popped out the dirt as well as 4 freebee females; Strawberry Eclair, Blue Widow, Holy Punch and Kandy Kush. I have 42 clones going strong(B. Angel, M. Grape, OGKZ), half of them rooted and 8 new autoflowers. I mistook them for Turkish autoflowers, they were actually labelled "COPANLA". I had to look into last year's grow to figure it out. Its an impromptu creation from an outdoor Northern Lights Auto female with a DP Critical Orange Punch Auto female who threw a male flower on her last day. Should be interesting. The Killer Cookie hybrids were flipped on 4/20 as well as one each of the Blue Angel, Mighty Grape and OGKZ. All the cookies are showing fat roots protruding from the stem, I'd like them to start showing sex so I can replant them. Here's a few pics of the Killer Cookies x GSC.

1109606096_KillerCookiehybrid.thumb.jpg.daa238fc9f23b9dfebafc34c38a99343.jpg1495434649_excessiverooting.thumb.jpg.61cdaa0c33f0ae1d3e28d50bda3d66c5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Six of the Cookie hybrids turned out female, five to go, no males as of yet. Lost ten clones to mold. One of the Sweet Cream Autos had been intentionally pollinated by a Seraph preflower on 4/20, the seeds are getting fat. More things to play with now, maybe even a late addition. Everything has changed. Had to cram six newly potted girls into a grow space that was already overcrowded. I even stuck the smallest auto outside, it wasn't worth the space it took up. Can't wait for these autos to finish, at least a couple, I really need the real estate. New buds are popping up on the indoor selection, its a very exciting time.

This stay-at-home thing is driving me crazy and making me a fat guy with a drinking problem. Eat, sleep, drink, Xbox, smoke, tend plants, resist the temptation of going outside, its like everyday. If I go anywhere I'm dressed like I'm about to rob a train. I have to keep fiddling with everything just to put my mind at ease, the limited space becomes more limited with each passing day. I've tucked the autoflowers away, into a corner. In about a week I'll stick them outside, let them finish there. Taking up so much space for such little return. Four of them came out reasonably well, dense sticky buds on them. All the female Cookie hybrids (seven of them) have been moved into the flowering room with the other photoperiod plants. My little grow tent is now full of clones and starts. I've selected a Seraph male for breeding; it gives off a pungent lemon stench that's noticeable from five feet away. I love the lemons. I've set it aside on a 12 hour cycle right away. Mighty Grape had a slight issue with the Power Bloom fertilizer I gave it, burnt of the flowering tops at the branch ends, has recovered quickly. Its side branches are growing long and spindly, it might become an issue. The OGKZ looks promising and the Blue Angel is putting on flowers fast. Here's some pics. First is mostly autos, the second is of the feminized plants in the center with the seven Cookie hybrids surrounding them.

stuff.thumb.jpg.1b758664b12acb077da9fc510603100f.jpgphotoperiodsonly.thumb.jpg.4a84d74592bbd17100ab78cd3e66040a.jpg

• Like 4

Things are in a constant state of change. All the autoflowers are outdoor plants now, they look good and done. I'm going to give them another ten days or so, what harm could it do? It turned out all the cookie hybrids were females. Its one of those outcomes I didn't bet on and was unprepared for. My indoor space is full, I ended up giving two girls away and sticking one outside in a 3 gallon pot. I've taken down the CFLs, they didn't work out. I had clones under them and it wasn't showing good results. When placed under the Mars Hydro LED all the clones and starts just came to life dramatically in a couple of days, I wish I had another now. The indoor flowering plants are about 3 weeks in, they look promising. I'll take some pics of the autos before they are cut. Here's some of the indoor stuff, various clones and starts.981272270_Clonesandstarts.thumb.jpg.7dfc8ea2fd777171a86828927e333d02.jpg

The flowering area at about 3 weeks, the cookies are really stretching.

3weeksflo.thumb.jpg.982141176d79251238ea4ffe410179e0.jpg

Blue Angel, OGKZ in the background.

1327827955_Baogkz3wkflo.thumb.jpg.70afac9ffa9db8eafb97ffc0707aa69c.jpg

This is the Mighty Grape that reacted badly to the fertilizer.

badreaction.thumb.jpg.74fe24ce26ef874f6383a167e9ba4b5c.jpg

• Like 2

Well, all the older autos have been chopped; two out of eleven were decent in terms of bud size and resin production, the rest were substandard. The new homemade batch of autos, nine of them are outside now too with a couple still inside. Most of the clones are outdoor plants now, there's eight weak clones that are still being cared for. The young Seraphs and all the feminized seedlings are progressing nicely. I started four Critical Sour as a last minute entry as well, It should be alright. The indoor selection look good. The OGKZ are already gooey and the cookie hybrids have lots of sticky thin fan leaves that give off a strong lemon/mild pine fragrance. The Blue Angel is miles ahead of the rest, lots of fat delicious buds forming. The smell is a perfect blend of blueberry and grape, its just heavenly. I am so glad I made lots of clones.

Here's Blue Angel after less than a month of flower:

blueangelagain.thumb.jpg.729f728388d7fe07ca76bf7cb83f4746.jpg

And here's one of the Cookies:

cookiehybrid.thumb.jpg.4eae9692d72c2a51d83ef98573c8b932.jpg

• Like 1

Here's the outdoor plants and young autos. The photoperiod plants are between two and half and four feet tall.

MightyGrape1.thumb.jpg.30e0d264d126655cb49a32b59aa89483.jpg

MightyGrape2.thumb.jpg.a82007cd687ebed7b6b19d4cf388514e.jpg

BlueAngel2.thumb.jpg.5a20196c1b0b415bba12050e3518c396.jpg

BlueAngeland6autos.thumb.jpg.9f3a8c15677778ed565f44f0785b0257.jpg

tripletop.thumb.jpg.d7985ba1a31592195b43aa910014f72c.jpg

• Like 1