•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Gimme5minutes

My Garden 2020

My indoor plants are almost finished, just two Killer Cookies X GSC left to go. Each takes after a different parent plant. All the others are drying.

branchesdrying.jpg

betterkc.jpg

blimburndom.jpg

• Like 7

Well, time for an update. I've been putting off writing about my outdoor garden because, quite frankly, I'm ashamed. Its a jungle again. The shortest plant is Seraph (11 fingered leaf) at about 5 feet tall. Most are around 7 or 8 and a few are at 10 and 12 feet tall. The Mighty grapes turned out the tallest, Blue Angels were the bushiest and Critical Sour are the first to start budding. The Blue Angels are the most interesting plant this time round. They started short and put on a ludicrous number of single blade leaves, many slightly twisted. Each leaf produced a lateral branch with plenty of potential bud or branch sites. Each plant consists of 6 to 8 main branches supporting hundreds of these smaller branches. Also, it doesn't resemble a pot plant, all the single bladed leaves pointing upward. It just looks like a big weed and has potential for a huge harvest. Oh, and the frogs are back.

11fingerseraph.jpeg

mess.jpg

jungle.jpg

Blueangelbranchin.jpg

firstfrog.jpg

froggy.jpg

• Like 7

Its cool, more plants have started budding. Not Blue Widow, Holy Punch, Seraph or Mighty Grape. The big bushy Blue Angels, OGKZ clones and the autos have all kicked. Its looking like there's a shortage of space. Something puzzles me. I find my autoflowers to be performing inconsistently. They bud indoors under 20 to 24 hours of light, bud at 6 weeks and finish around 12 weeks, standing about 3 feet tall. Sounds good, right? Outdoors they grew 8 to 10 feet, started budding 5 months later and look more akin to photoperiod plants. Lots of long branches and gaping nodes. Yeah, so there's that. I mean, are they still autos? Aside from that the Cookies have cured up beautifully and I'll include a smoke report soon.

Blueangeljunglemess.jpg

theoutsidein.jpg

tubofcuredcookies.jpg

CookiesCloseup.jpg

• Like 5

Wow, long time no see. Been away, sick, depressed, busy, without focus, all the usual shit. Last time I checked in was just before the wildfires. That one was a fucker. The blanket of smoke was everywhere, even out on the water, there was no nowhere to go. Couldn't see the mountains, kept searching the skies for the sun. When I finally spotted it, all bright pink, I could just stare at it without it bothering my eyes, creepy. Then came the rainstorm. On and off for nearly a week, came down in buckets. Then came a mix of hot and humid days with sudden showers and plenty of wind. Most people lost a lot of plants to either the weather or the mold. I lost a bit but not much.

Most of my plants are chopped by now, it was a lot of work. Seraph, Blue Widow and Mighty Grape still remain. Neither Seraph or the widow will put out much bud. MG has plenty of buds but they are all very small even though they fill the branches. They look like they may not finish before they start going bad.

Some plants were a total loss, everything that survived did well enough. Blue Angel put out the most, the buds smell like an energy drink. Its a funny mix of fruity Romulan with soft blueberry and its almost repugnant like cough medicine. All the flowers finished and some were long 7 inch bud clusters. There was so much of this stuff that a lot of smaller buds were left behind. I lost a little bit to mold but nothing substantial. The clones all finished a week earlier and I was very impressed with the final result. Nice medium sized gooey outdoor buds you could smell from across the room. Very happy with the final cut.

Critical Sour was hit and miss. Monster buds and an abundant resin producer but also a magnet for powdery mildew, they were the only plants to get it and they were spread out too. The plants didn't reach that desired level of maturity when the bud rot took over and had to be chopped. Lots of resinous leaf, lots of pistils, super fat, not much mature bud. Sampled a little, smells spicy, tastes spicy, some woody overtones and a soft pineapple taste on the inhale before the other flavors overpower it. Very stoney, lazy effects, a bit debilitating. Like I said, hit and miss.

The Critical Orange Punch/NL autoflowers produced plenty of long, gooey colas but like the Critical Sour, it never finished. They all seemed to just stop without finishing up. They put out a lot of fat soap candy smelling buds but there were no finished buds. Auto Amnesia, same thing just much earlier, only the top bud finished properly before production cut out. Buds came out tasting like a very rough Powerplant, kind of harsh.

Everything now is holding out another day and just hoping for bud rot or mold not to strike. I have some pics of things just before the storm someplace. I'll try to get on it, life's just been weighing me down, taking forever. I'll get back at it. when I can.

• Like 1

It's getting late and I'm smoking some of the Seraph. There wasn't much, maybe four grams but its just divine. A little spicy on the initial intake, like pepper. It then turns to a herbal, soap candy Sativa taste with a sherbet lemon exhale. The taste is outstanding, the smoke is rich and smooth and then it hits me, like a brain cloud. Its like my inner monologue just shut up. My restless leg stops and I just melt into a mellow mind and body stone. This stuff is the shit.

• Thanks 1