•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Hamme Hydro

Twelve Amnesia Haze cuts on soil (Coronagrow)

Howdy folks!

Frankly i am growing sorta hydro style on soil, but since hydro technically ain't soil i'll post my current grow here.

Yesterday i planted twelve Amnesia Haze cuts into 18 liter pots with light mix. This is how they look after twenty-four hours of 600 watts. 

IMG_5291.thumb.JPG.643358e368a06b3ecc9de58008e5f5dd.JPG

IMG_5292.thumb.JPG.0fe28b930c3200878d23a7b8decd7aa3.JPG

I gave each plant about three liters water containing GHE pH minus powder (pH 5.5) Floranova grow (Ec 1.4) and Fulvic Acid 2 ml/ 1 l. It's my first time using Fulvic Acid and i am curious to see if it's all that it's cracked up to be.  Also it's my debut adjusting the pH first and then the Ec. After watering severe i added mason sand to the top layer, which is a preventive method against any pest that accidentally came with the soil.

IMG_5293.thumb.JPG.f40df3dea01d2b69268227d3aea6d9a3.JPG

When the cuts were still in rock-wool starting cubes, i checked all twelve with a magnifying glass and treated them several times against spider-mites that were on them. Then i flushed them with water and checked them again. I repeated thus process again a few days later until i couldn't find a single spider-mite. 

IMG_5295.thumb.JPG.8740e195ffcee928b0b1c518761eb490.JPG

Now i won't water them for at least a week! 

• Like 10

Hay bro I’m pulling up a chair ,joint rolled and ready for the show 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Papalag said:

Hay bro I’m pulling up a chair ,joint rolled and ready for the show 

Be welcome my friend and don't forget to puff puff and pass! :D

9 hours ago, dieseldog381 said:

Nice, looks like you took them all to the beach.  

Beach babes just love sand! :)

6 hours ago, Gardener said:

They look good. This should be interesting.

Have a seat! 

58 minutes ago, saxo said:

a great start as always,Hamme :tu  happy lookin cuts

Thank you Saxo, this time they took off like rockets!  

• Like 4

The fourth day. 

Today i lowered the light by 10 cm. It is now 75 cm away from the canopy. 

IMG_5310.thumb.JPG.c33973ec08fd78d1878908aa88a5ee03.JPG

The time to switch is already at hand, which is so convenient when allowing clones to root sufficient before planting them in the final pots. This way the babies take off like madmen without any issues. And naturally, the climate has to be airtight too. 

IMG_5308.thumb.JPG.fa4359d627544331f43f086021a5fa50.JPG

Note how low the humidity is! I've been told by my buddy grower who gave me  this awesome cut, that a low humidity is what you want with Amnesia Haze! No need to doubt him right? :D

IMG_5304.thumb.JPG.283c6f00e81f39c54d08d14f0a1b3379.JPG

IMG_5306.thumb.JPG.b056376cb7d64a25dab6ef8d21211539.JPG

IMG_5307.thumb.JPG.074c1243e0dceddeec9550746e36b86b.JPG

I am planning on switching this Saturday.

See you!

• Like 8

The fifth day,

I installed another bulb of 600 watts and heightened the first one so the plants can adjust. Both lights are 85 cm away from the canopy. And i set the clock to 18/6 instead of 24/0. 

• Like 2

My favorite was my soil mix, with a bit more coco (birds nest-stringy)/peat on flood and drain.  My personal best plants in my opinion.  However, I do love mapito too but this was a good compromise with a consistent growth but benefit for flood and drain almost like a coco grow but less nutrients.

With compost and mulch ontop.  I think sand would work just as well.  I had no issues with media wet and dry cycle.  

• Like 2

I also added coco  to my soil, about 1/4.  Nice to know you had such results with flood and drain,  The convenience of it is hard to beat.

The sixth day.

Today, the 10th of April, i set the clock to 12/12 and lowered the lights. I switched a day sooner than planted cause they just seem ready.

• Like 2

Meanwhile on another location i started another Amnesia Haze grow. I planted two cuts, each of them in a container of 65 liters containing light mix with 25 % hydro granules  for extra lightness. 

IMG_5314.thumb.JPG.4dbe4f044a54b06353b08b6f78603b6c.JPG

After that i filled a tank with water, adjusted the pH with GHE diamond nectar/ fulvic acid and GHE pH minus powder to pH 5.5. Then i added Floranova grow and when the Ec was 1,4 i watered both plants with about seven to eight liters each. And as the finishing touch i covered the top layers with masonry sand. Now i won't touch the plants for about two weeks. 

Perhaps some of you may find this interesting, so i'll post updates of this grow every now and then in this topic.

• Like 7

The twelfth day.

I lowered both lights which are now 60 cm away from the canopy. 

Besides that i haven't done anything since watering the first day!

• Like 3

The thirteenth day.

I was planning on watering the plants tonight, but since the tension meter only ran up to 105 mbars i will wait some more.

IMG_5318.thumb.JPG.2c6fa259745ae882409a7a5bd6a176af.JPG

What a start right? The plants are ready to go to work! They don't look thirsty at all and i absolutely don't want to spoil them just yet. 

IMG_5316.thumb.JPG.dc1d280c2fe7a76ad349af55b434af50.JPG

The night temperature is two degrees warmer then ideally, but that's not much of an issue. Two degrees colder then desirable however would be worse. The humidity is extremely low  and i even have a tank of 65 liter water in the same room.  It keeps the plants from stretching too much, which is a good thing!

• Like 5

Thank you for your kind words bro! I am sorta copying the self regulation system practiced by a long time Amnesia grower. The main idea is to leave it to the plants when you can and make them adjust as little as possible. The  guy who advocates this method has very good results with it and i wanted to give it a go. It is very similar to hydro growing, in fact it could be done on coco or rock-wool too . 

• Like 1

The fourteenth day.

Tonight i watered the plants with 1,5 liter each for the first time since the first day. I adjusted the pH to 5.2 with Fulvic Acid and pH minus and the Ec to 1.3 with Floranova Grow. This bottle is now empty and i will switch to Ghe Biosevia Grow  for my next round on soil. 

And that's all the news... For now!

• Like 2

The sixteenth day.

Here's two pictures of the plants that i took right before the lights went on. 

IMG_5322.thumb.JPG.68974d0e62d418930ff5cd28fd861c87.JPG

IMG_5324.thumb.JPG.79e6fb3ee17aa6ab5dda6b93650ded1f.JPG

I really like the convenience of soil so far! Perhaps i'll change my name to Hamme Dirt!  :P

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Hamme Hydro said:

I really like the convenience of soil so far! Perhaps i'll change my name to Hamme Dirt!  :P

It's got its good points. Almost care-free, compared to hydro.

For me, the main thing was that I could go off for a week or two on business, and the plants would be alive when I got home. I guess that's not so important for the next few months.

• Like 1

That soil is almost carefree is also how i experience it Misterdirt. Hydro has it's pro's, especially in bigger set ups, but in smaller ones like this one, i prefer soil. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunnyvale said:

Hamme.... i have to tell you something. I am in love with your Amnesia ladies :wub:

Thank you my brother! :)

• Like 1

I ate Some of my cookies and was thinking. You ate Some of my right? Well brother, i sure make them a hell of a lot stronger. So want a good weekend?  Second question Will be; do ever think of crossing Ammie? I only had the time to cross it with Chocolate Diesel. But i think she’s perfect for Some Malawi Gold, Jamaican :whistling

greetings from space :verrygood

• Like 1