•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
organically challenged

Chucky's Bride out of retirement grow

So it's been 6 years since I grew last according to my post log so I decided to go back to the strain I ended with Chucky's Bride.   These are from seed stock I produced during my grow. I started with 7 plants and ended up with 2 females.  Funny enough it's the same as the last time, one plant is super stretchy and lanky and the other is super compact with very little stretch.   Vegged for 4 weeks and currently just finishing 2nd week since flip.    Super cropped and tied down with some fan leaf removal.  

I wanted something so easy a caveman could do it so these are being grown in 1 gallon all perlite  hempy buckets.  Each bucket has 60g of omsocote plus controlled release fertilizer granules .  Water only grow, saw some grow reports about this stuff working seed to harvest so I figured I would give it a go. So far they are growing like champs, no deficiencies and they look great.  I may add some Dr earth bud and bloom top dress mid flower .  

32" x32" tent with a full spectrum Mars hydro ts1000 and my old purple led panel for lighting.  

IMG_20200515_161908.jpg

IMG_20200515_161921.jpg

IMG_20200515_161926.jpg

• Like 6

A few more pics out of the LED light.  Been using bonsai wire to pull branches down and to form branch structure.   For .20 cents worth of fertilizer I'm quite pleased with the outcome so far.  I'm really contemplating culling the small girl, if the big girl keeps spreading out at the rate she is.   

IMG_20200515_181839.jpg

IMG_20200515_181904.jpg

IMG_20200515_182023.jpg

IMG_20200515_182529.jpg

• Like 6

It’s a great line good luck 

your plan look healthy and happy 

so this is probably a stupid question but i had been reading about using sprouted seed teas on plants so i am sprouting some popcorn seed currently to make the tea for my house plants and outdoor veggie garden.  is it at all beneficial in a hempy bucket grow? im assuming no since there is nothing in the perlite to feed.

Yep, those sure look like nice and healthy Chucky's Bride.

I would only offer, regarding your sprouts, the more organics you run through a hempy bucket, or non soil grow medium, the more problems you're inviting.  Not as bad as hydro, but in my experience, teas, guanos, etc, in hempy's can get pretty nasty.  It's an un aerated environment, where bad bacteria thrives.

I saved my last Chucky's Bride from certain death in DWC with this stuff, my new best friend, http://blog.botanicare.com/hydroguard-2/.  It's like a hazmat suit for your roots. 

Hydrogard is nothing short of amazing, it outgrows all the bad stuff in hydro, and makes your roots pearly white, I'll never do hydro again without it.  I've attached a picture of my Chucky's Bride roots after two weeks on hydrogard.  This plant had black tar, root rot, worst I've ever seen, and only had a few strands of six inch roots before I added the Hydrogard.  

I'd suggest extreme defoliation on the tall ones, will really help the bud size, as the tall, floppy, fruity pheno's give off a bunch of BB sized buds.    

Best of luck to you!  

IMG_0854.jpg.4d1a758e61f47c7d24f796f5cbf5a009.jpg

• Like 4

thats quite the root system!

do you take off all the fan leaves?  i have  been leaving 1 fan leaf at each node removing the ones that were directed in the middle of the plant and keeping the outer ring fan leaves

4 hours ago, organically challenged said:

thats quite the root system!

do you take off all the fan leaves?  i have  been leaving 1 fan leaf at each node removing the ones that were directed in the middle of the plant and keeping the outer ring fan leaves

Most of my Chucky's have been the tall floppy ones, and I strip pretty much everything, twice, one week before flowering, and about 2-3 weeks after flowering.  Lot's of great Youtube videos on defoliation.  Biggest thing with a plant like Chucky's, if you don't, you'll get tons of popcorn buds on the lower parts.   

Alright, watched some videos and decided to go for it. This grow has been experimental and contrary to everything I use to follow when I grew before . Using controlled release fertilizer pellets in a hempy buckets has been working great so why not experiment with another technic.  

IMG_20200517_181623.jpg

• Like 4

My last Chucky's Bride, this is the one that goes with the roots picture.  Huge plant, nightmare to trim, larfy buds.  She's a great plant, just needs someone to fix the shitty structure of most phenos.

image.png.6c93493d140da47872925f4e477d5c49.png

• Like 4

The Black Afghani I grew came out with some much leaf, was horrid to trim. That looks really good.

my favorite plant when it came to ease of trim was TGA Jilly Bean, think it was my 2nd second grow and it took me no time to trim.   compared to my next grow which was sensi Seed afganni #1 which was a leaf nightmare(great smoke though).   Jilly Beans smell during grow was something to remember.  every time i opened my grow closet it was a overwhelming smell of ripe fruit.   Sad to hear he passed, back in the day my trim days i would watch his weed nerd youtube videos. are his genetics going the way of the Dodo or is someone continuing his stuff?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

The Black Afghani I grew came out with some much leaf, was horrid to trim. That looks really good.

how is Black Afghani? i have been checking for restock on those compulsively 

3 minutes ago, organically challenged said:

how is Black Afghani? i have been checking for restock on those compulsively 

I think I stressed her out, was not impressed, but others really like her. I have to grow her out again. Think there is a thread here about her. She can put out glorious fall colors with black.

• Like 1

So the girls are boucing back from the trim.  Was getting worried about the little one the day after, she did not look well leaves were heavly drooped.   Ordered a spider farmer sf 1000 to replace my old purple led light, I think most of the wattage for that light is to run all the fans.  Should hopefully be hear next week, sometimes I wonder why I still pay for Amazon subscription since 2day shipping is non existent anymore.   Going to give them one more plain water fill tommorow then this weekend I'm going to add a tablespoon of Dr. Earth bud and bloom dry fertilizer to the buckets.  

IMG_20200520_140933.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, organically challenged said:

my favorite plant when it came to ease of trim was TGA Jilly Bean, think it was my 2nd second grow and it took me no time to trim.   compared to my next grow which was sensi Seed afganni #1 which was a leaf nightmare(great smoke though).   Jilly Beans smell during grow was something to remember.  every time i opened my grow closet it was a overwhelming smell of ripe fruit.   Sad to hear he passed, back in the day my trim days i would watch his weed nerd youtube videos. are his genetics going the way of the Dodo or is someone continuing his stuff?

I think @baqualin knows the story of who is carrying on the lineage of TGA, Jill, his mate at one time has some of her line, I believe Jilly might have been hers. I loved that one, but she changed up on me after a bit so stop growing her, heard she is much more stable now.

23 hours ago, gardenartus said:

I think @baqualin knows the story of who is carrying on the lineage of TGA, Jill, his mate at one time has some of her line, I believe Jilly might have been hers. I loved that one, but she changed up on me after a bit so stop growing her, heard she is much more stable now.

MzJill has Jilly Bean and it’s available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baqualin said:

MzJill has Jilly Bean and it’s available.

Do you know who took over his gear? Thought it was you who knew :)

2 hours ago, gardenartus said:

Do you know who took over his gear? Thought it was you who knew :)

In a nutshell, There’s a bunch of shit flying around at the moment. Sub left Jill with the business, everything, Norstar and Badger were working with Sub and have his genetics which they’re selling using Subs name without permission, they had made peace with Jill and agreed to stop selling his genetics and give what they had back, but they didn’t follow through with the deal and shit is flying. Fuck Norstar and Badger, support MzJill, her gear is available through Breeders Direct Seeds. MzJill made Agent Orange FYI.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

To clarify, I’m not bashing Badger or Norstar’s gear, the do put out some fire, but I can’t support people like that. MzJill will get my support.  

• Thanks 1