•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
organically challenged

Chucky's Bride out of retirement grow

5 hours ago, baqualin said:

To clarify, I’m not bashing Badger or Norstar’s gear, the do put out some fire, but I can’t support people like that. MzJill will get my support.  

Integrity, TY

Day 25 of flower.  Giving the runt till Sunday to prove to me she doesn't deserve to go to the compost bin.  Very small and flowers are pretty much non existent, all leaf.   However the big girl is back to normal, back to drinking water like crazy.  Flowers have almost no smell currently, since it's been 6 years I can't remember when they started smelling. 

IMG_20200525_162034.jpg

IMG_20200525_162118.jpg

IMG_20200525_162124.jpg

Told you they'd never grow back, lol.  Fun to watch them freak out after a good leaf stripping, always amazed how fast they recover.  3 weeks into flower is about the latest I've done, by then, they're about done making leaves, and it's all bud.  I find doing it also 1 week prior really sets up a lot of bud sites.

That sure looks like Chucky's.  I had one or two of the smaller phenos like yours, grew almost like a Lowryder 2, nothing but bud, then it hermied like a mofo, hundreds of seeds.  I still have those grown some out, but they were all tall spindly plants.

Looking good, all phenos are great tasting smoke.  All the best to you.  

Well shits been pretty wild here in the land of 10,000 lakes that last few days so on to the fun stuff.  Got the new light and it's now bright as fuck in the tent.  For 250 total combined watts between the 2 lights I'm quite impressed (found out my Mars hydro light had been running at around 80% power since I got it. When I put the spider farmer in the tent which is 50w less powerful it was alot brighter so I investigated the Mars hydro light).   Everything looking good

IMG_20200528_142203.jpg

• Like 6

Watering the big girl everyday now. Slight leaf tip burn but I don't think anything  to be worried about . RO water plus a tsp of calmag and just last week started adding 2 ml of hydroguard.   This has been hands down the easiet grow ever so far.   

IMG_20200603_160428.jpg

IMG_20200603_161056.jpg

• Like 5

Got my sannies delivery today, some blueberry quintessa(glad I bought when I did cause I don't see koma on the list of breeders anymore ) and some Huck n heri x Perkins cut freebies and now I have a conundrum, what to grow next.  I still have a bunch of seeds I haven't grown out .  

IMG_20200605_164414.jpg

• Like 3

Need a little help identifing a deficiency.   Plant is 36 days into flower, looking at the chart it looks like maybe phosphorus or clacium deficiency but I'm not sure.  Most all leaves have a drooping tips but only the big fan leaves have the spots on the leaves.  

IMG_20200605_174110.jpg

IMG_20200605_173733.jpg

• Like 2

I will get back to this but very busy busy.  Its a P issue and I see mostly.

Check out https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-plant-problems/phosphorus-deficiency

I will spend a bit of time when I can here a bit.  If you dont hear from me.  Say hey hey, just busy but I will help best I can.

• Like 3

thank you

mixed up a gallon of my water. 1 gallon of RO water, 1 tsp  of calmag, 1 tsp of liquid seaweed and 2ml of hydroguard.  PH bounced between 5.95-6 so I dont think its a PH issue.   my smaller plant that gets the same water does not have any of these signs so im assuming the big plant just ate up the phosphorus. 

i have DR Earths bud and bloom booster which is 4-10-7 so im thinking i will top dress a couple TBSP? 

• Like 1

Looks good.  Bump p on the smaller one a bit too.

Working this in while waiting on uber.

The environment is number one factor.  Lighting, media and nutrition are next.

In your case they all interweave a bit to explain your issue.  I am going with a bit high too temps, uptake a bit high with higher then desired humidity but I dont think consistently so maybe it was spikes for a week or so like that than duration.

If your keeping track of your temp/humidity/nutrition or what have you records determine the period in time of the plant growth so you can better account next time.

The plant wont yield like you want but wont suck either.  You may notice a bit more leaf in the buds as it tries to account for loss of viable leaf for energy.  By taking into account next time you can harden those up and make a bit bigger likely.

• Like 1

I dont think temps are too high, its down in my basement in my utility room, high range is 74 and low is 65.   humidity range is 51%-58%.  working on running a duct from the exhaust fan to outdoors, right now its just exhausting into the room which i know isnt great.  That should help bring the humidity down.  thanks for the input. 

Oh snap, I see your growing in Hempy buckets in only perlite.  I love it.  I grew my biggest plants with them.  I actually saw a table break from the weight.

You are doing well.  Growing in all perlite is unforgiving but damn is it fun.  

Due to the high air to root ratio, you will have bigger uptake but be cautious in increasing nutrients.  I wish I noticed this earlier.  Just so busy I have little free time right now.  Good problems to have!

My name is in honor of Hempy, who is a guy who championed the hempy bucket method decade-plus ago.

See those tips, that is caused by higher heat, higher humidity that negatively affects your stomata with high uptake and thus tip burn.

Could be in part also due to lower K, Potassium.  This is possible due to the P, Phosphorous levels and thus the potassium might of been used up too but not to an extreme point.

Tip burn is not a major thing but a sign of your environment but in your case.  I suspect your hempy res might need to be a bit bigger or more frequent to sooner in the day watering time frame.  Your EC will be all over the place.  What is it before you feed?

Anyways, check this if you can.

• Your EC before watering,
  • EC in,
  • EC out.

Keep those records and adjust accordingly.

Hempy buckets in perlite taught me probably the most in growing.  It was my most fun.

I think you are right with the rez. These are only 1 gallon buckets.  These 2 were runts in veg so I have them in the small buckets while my 2 big glorious plants in veg got the 3 gallon buckets.   Ofcourse those 2 plants ended up being males and these were my girls, I didn't want to transplant in flower so here we are.   Watering the big plant with the leaf issues is different because my smaller plant I can pour water and the water runs right through where as the big plant I have to add 1 cup at a time and the water will pool up on top and slowly work down the medium, I'm sure the roots are bound . Thank you again. 

Day 40 from flip so we are closing in on the finish line.  Glad I kept the little one around, started to really take off.  

IMG_20200609_150847.jpg

IMG_20200609_150858.jpg

IMG_20200609_150910.jpg

IMG_20200609_150922.jpg

IMG_20200609_151006.jpg

• Like 4

Decided to give my little one the cover model treatment, she hasn't been getting much photo love so far.  So frosty even the fan leaves are getting some trics.

Definitely a much different smell than what I remembered when I grew CB originally.  The offspring Definitely not as strong as a smelling. I can take these out of the tent without my house smelling.   Straight up smells like a IPA .  Very hoppy smell.   From what I remember of the original grow it was more skunky cheese smell.   

IMG_20200611_170803.jpg

IMG_20200611_165930.jpg

IMG_20200611_165917.jpg

IMG_20200611_165837.jpg

IMG_20200611_165825.jpg

• Like 3

day 46 of flower, had to do some extensive wiring on the big plant, branches were falling over taking up most of the tent space.    Smell is full on mode,  took awhile for it to show up but it has showed up with a vengeance.  no amount of washing can remove the smell from my fingers after wiring and light leaf stripping.    

On 6/11/2020 at 2:21 PM, organically challenged said:

do you all count flower days from day of flip or day when it starts to flower?   took about a week for these to show sex after flipping the light schedule.   

I count from the day the first pistils show.

Chopping Saturday morning.   Been flushing half a gallon of plain ro water every day this week.  Been defoliating and trimming some everyday because I hate trimming all at once.  Pretty much all done.   Rock hard buds.  These LEDs are so much better than my old panel I used 6 years ago.  250 total watts between the 2 panels.  

IMG_20200625_171129.jpg

IMG_20200625_171036.jpg

IMG_20200625_171120.jpg

IMG_20200625_171155.jpg

• Like 1

plants are cut and hanging.  they are some stanky ladies

after inspection of the root ball a couple take aways i would do differently next time.

1) BIGGER BUCKETS, probably veg them in the 1 gallons and flower out a cutting to find my girls and transfer those to a 3 gallon bucket prior to flower.  the last few weeks the daily waterings were getting real old.  

2) up osmocote from 60g to 90g.  pretty much all the CRF balls were gone except for the  stuff i added toward the top in flower,  definetly led to some issues on my big plant.   found some other grows where they used up to 120g without any burn issues.  being controlled release makes it fairly safe when it comes to how much you add.

3) dont use dry bloom booster fertilizers, pretty much made a matted sludge at the top of the container which made watering difficult toward the end of the grow.  i add a liquid booster next time of i go this route again.

Thank you to everyone who joined in, followed along and helped me with some advise when needed , much appreciated.  

now got to decide my next grow

have it narrowed down to 

Holy Princess

Blueberry Quintessa

Bluechem f2

Huck n Heri x Perkins cut BX

Caramel Candy Kush

not very narrowed down at all lol

also have to decide if i want to run the hempy buckets again or organic soil grow.  have a bag of Build A Soil i need to do something with.   just dont know if i want to deal with bugs, seems like whenever i have dealt with soil grows in the past pests were always a issue.