•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Misterdirt

dead tissue - WTF is this?

I have 3 of @smilestyle's Lemon Thai F3 plants going. Tomorrow will make it a full 9 weeks in flower, so far.

In a tent with 14 other plants in it, at the moment, the Lemon Thai ONLY has a few buds where dead tissue is showing up at the surface of a few buds. 

IMG_5850.thumb.jpg.5b23d234b36ed7ccbaacb44ff40c905a.jpg

IMG_5849.thumb.jpg.d07da12311abc1e16e03c9d6b818208a.jpg

I tend to think fungus or some critter that only shows symptoms on plants susceptible to it (whatever it is).

It is NOT classic bud rot. The dead stuff is only at the surface and it's only affecting small, lower buds that you would not expect to see bud rot on.

Any ideas? Sage advice? Wild ass guesses?

It does not seem to be progressing anymore. These showed up a couple of weeks back. Adding a fan on the floor of the tent might have stopped it, if it's a fungus. I do not SEE signs of fungus, other than the dead tissue.

• Like 1

I don´t know. I have never seen it on Lemon Thai. Bud rot comes from inside out. Maybe it´s another fungus or corvid 19. Hopefully not.

smile

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder if they somehow got burned from some unfortunate arrangement of the reflective tent lining and the UV death lights?

snip snip snip snip

:execute:execute:execute

• Like 2

It's been a few days since I clipped off any buds with the necrosis thing going on. No more have appeared. The plant is more toward the middle of the tent now, directly under the main light.

It had been in a corner, directly under one of my death-ray UV tubes.

Not getting any more of these dead areas on the same plant, or any others in the tent, makes me think it has something to do with the UV somehow being directed intensely in a few spots, due to the corner position and the reflective material on the tent walls. I'll have a look under intense magnification (I saw nothing fungus-like under a 20X hand lens).