•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

A few pics showing the frosty goodness of the Killer Cookies gals at 6 weeks --

This one seems to be the closest to halfway between GSC and Killer Queen — it's tall, but has the lighter green apple shade that the short pheno has. Scent seems to be a muddle of mint, fruit and other funk.

IMG_6066.thumb.jpeg.b4ff052b6e364b1754ccfe50be595725.jpeg

This is the short, Killer Queen pheno. Leaves are starting to yellow, though it's had plenty of nutes.

IMG_6067.thumb.jpeg.8bbf831e020ab8f98f34a02875162e2d.jpeg

This is one of the more GSC-leaning phenos. She's a frost queen.

IMG_6073.thumb.jpeg.baee0679baa875cec3f0b6f66dd2b644.jpeg

Kind of salivating over this one. 

@santero: How long do these go? I'm guessing 10 weeks, maybe?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Indicalicious said:

Delicious! Cant wait to grow them If I see your pics 

It's always nice when a freebie looks so promising.

Naturally, the cutting didn't root for the one in the third pic. I have a lower "branch" (more like a tiny twig) still on each plant, so I can easily reveg after harvest.

It seems about 1/3 of my clones don't make it, due to brown rot. Anyone know if the assorted rooting "machines" and kits are worth it?

5 hours ago, Misterdirt said:

It seems about 1/3 of my clones don't make it, due to brown rot. Anyone know if the assorted rooting "machines" and kits are worth it?

You need a bubble cloner it seems. I made mine from a 3 gal. plastic tote, a couple of long airstones and a good air pump. A good pump will set you back $80 bucks or so but the other items were cheap.

bubble cloner

airstone connectors

61XOU3iGRdL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

roots after 7 days

bubble cloner   1 week roots

• Like 4

wow, you have beautiful ladies going, misterdirt !
mine stood a bit longer than nine weeks. i had the taller gsc-leaners.

stout phenos might have also inherited the faster flowering time of
the kq besides plant-structure/looks and "other funk"-attributes :) 
those will take between eight and nine weeks, a bit faster than the
tall ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Misterdirt

Looking at your drywall picture it looks like the drywall is resting on the concrete floor.  You dont want that because it can absorb moisture from the concrete, easy fix is to take a sharp blade and just cut a 1/4" off the bottom so its no longer contacting the concrete

• Like 2

A partial update — the two Irie strains at 6 weeks, 5 days.

The cola just to the right of center and the bud just to the left of center are from a Storm Front girl, most of the other colas and buds you see are Lemon Sunrise.

IMG_6088.thumb.jpeg.ae4c7f66a3a3afc6cadad7468548cc74.jpeg

Structurally, the Storm Front is much stronger than Lemon Sunrise and might not need much in the way of support. Buds appear denser and she responds well to super cropping

There isn't much visible difference between the two Storm Front girls I have. One is going to finish faster. The scents are similar — a mix of citrus, pine, armpit, cat piss, sandalwood and more, but one has more citrus than the other. Here are a few more SF pics:

IMG_6097.thumb.jpeg.af74e2f0ea711d0912e7c55edb02df8b.jpeg

IMG_6098.thumb.jpeg.74cf884f39ac094e4a9b8997829a8e6b.jpeg

IMG_6099.thumb.jpeg.e4c689141d756c0af7f35923263ec7a7.jpeg

SF definitely seems like she'll produce  classic, dense, "hybrid" buds. Lemon Sunrise, on the other hand, has the more open buds of a sativa-leaner. Stems are also much more willowy/bendy and they already need some support.

IMG_6091.thumb.jpeg.5770b6afc782efc6e5e6a91601ca10f4.jpeg

IMG_6092.thumb.jpeg.216a5cb8d7813b2ed2ffae4a37f34e4d.jpeg

IMG_6093.thumb.jpeg.e0f3a553b070b7e0876776d96270e266.jpeg

The scent ranges from sweet lemon to Lemon Pledge to Hey-I-think-the-cat-peed-in-my-lemonade. You can definitely tell a similarity in scent with the Storm Front that must have been inherited from the father. The sweet lemon pheno is no longer just sweet lemon, though. Other terps have added their funk.

I couldn't resist and took an early bud from the Storm Front that looks closer to finishing, which is drying right now. It can't be near as powerful as it will be in a few weeks, but that stink… It had to be done. I'll report back when the time comes.

• Like 6