•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
polochtron

Jack's Nutrient Reverse engineering

Hi, i wanted to understand beter nutes and what theres inside and why recepes change so much from one brand to another and why is it so hard to read from the supplyer.

I started to look for the recepe of the Jack's Nutrients because it have all the elements on the package, because of some laws there.

I post this in case someone is interested too in understanding better,  to discuss methods , results and nutes nerds stuff.

So i looked into the Jack's Tap water 15-5-20 which has a npk ratio i like for flowering, i made a excel sheet and found  that

350 g Potassium Nitrate KNO3

120 g Caclium Nitrate

164 g Magnésium Nitrate

160 g Ammonium Nitrate

220 g Monopotassium phosphate

gives a total mix of 1014g which contains

(in parenthesis i put the original formula)

115 g N from NO3-    (120g N from NO3-)

28 g N from NH4-      (30g N from NH4+)

50 g P                          (50g P)

198,5 g K                    (200g K)

29 g Ca                       (30g Ca)

15,5 g Mg                   (15g Mg)

still have to refine with different salts purity and add the micronutrients but its coming close

Myself, I do not have enough knowledge to work with harsh chemicals or the proper safety stuff someone would need, IMHO.

I got this from their website on the safety sheet. I would just buy Jacks products if that is what your after. But what do I know, have fun, and be safe.

General Comments: Little toxicology information is available for this product. Nitrate containing substances are potential allergens. Prolonged or repeated contact with fertilizer may irritate eyes and skin. Inhalation of dust may irritate nose, throat, and lungs. Prolonged exposure may cause weakness, depression, headache, mental impairment, anemia, methemoglobinemia, and kidney injury. Ingestion of nitrates can cause gastrointestinal irritation, muscular weakness, and blue tinged skin (cyanosis). Eye contact with urea powder may cause reversible corneal opacity along with irritation, tearing, and blinking as a foreign body in the eye. Skin contact with powdered urea may cause only mild irritation while ingestion may cause nausea, vomiting and possible excitement and convulsions. Inhalation of high concentrations of metals ( such as dusts containing manganese, molybdenum, copper, zinc, iron) over long periods of time (several years, for example) may cause damage to the central nervous system or affect the lung, liver, or kidney

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the  warning 

the first purpose of this was educational 

but if it comes to be a real recepe extra precaution is needed in the  moment of blending and manipulating quantities of  raw nutrients. 

But when the nutrient blend is mixed and packaged you would use the same precautions as with the original commercial blend cause its the same ingrédients in the same proportion. 

Instruction of use and warnings are present on the raw nutrients packages , following them  would be safe.

• Like 1

Started using jacks this year very happy 

I use 20/20/20 in early veg 1 teaspoon per gallon ppm 500 ish  =1/1/1 

week befor flip 1/2 teaspoon Per gal of 20/20/20 and mix 1/2 teaspoon per gallon on jacks 15.5 / 0/0 makes  = 2 /1/ 1 ish 

till week 2 of transition 

then jacks 10/30/20 till week 5 = 1/3/2 or till things state to swell up then You can mix 1/2 teaspoon of 10/30/20 with same amount of 5/11/25 = 1/2/4 ish till week 6/7 

Then jacks 5/11/25 I believe it is till the end 

Great finish this way 

I was using urban farms vegetable food but stop 

paps