•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Silas&Jamal

where is the good old skunk?

hey guys, hope you are fine.

I'm still hunting for this and that and i'm looking for a good skunk for years, tried many but did not find that skunk, that goid old skunk. 

skunk#1 from sensi and dutch p. where just hemp, no smell no resin and some hermies on top of that. 

shit from mns did also hermie, but this did have the skunk"shit"smell but low yields and not very potent. 

firstlady and superskunk also where a disapointment. 

tried some others too i do not remember yet. 

in general it looks like a lot of the old strains are lost and there is only og, gelato, sherbet and cookies genetic left... 

also tried some mns supersilverhaze for a bit fresh haze funk.... but puuh what to say... no super... no silver... no haze... glad i still have the amnesia and sour lemon haze. 

to each his own but i want that old dank. 

what are your experiences with the old strains these days? is there something i could try? or did it all went to shit? 

greetz silas

• Like 3

Seems to me your looking for the old skunks before the Europeans started playing with them.

It don't exist in regular easy to by form but I am sure in some corner somewhere someone is holding on to plants of yester years.  I once ran into an LSD plant in Maine like that once.  Looked nothing favorable but when you hit it.  Wow!

About a decade ago people put lots of work into recreating that old skunk but not quite the same.  I think the fact it was more dangerous to do back then, just made it remember more.  That said, I knew 1 to 2 hitter quitters all my life and I ain't young.

I remember in Europe my favorite strains was citral and skunk or a super skunk crossed with whatever skunk # blah blah.  Nothing came to the smell of the old American skunk.  But I would not say they were bad or anything negative.  I recall when White Widow came out and changed my life!

Oh the good old days!  Best of luck in your search.  I wish I had a direction on an old school skunk for you.

i don't mean that pre europe skunk, but the early europe skunks.

there where a lot of great ones

some sweet, some pungent

top44, shivaskunk and superskunk where good ones and the orangebud at funnypeople in amsterdam was some stinky and strong herb. 

but all strains i tried now where not like back then...most skunk strains now are really like hemp with sero potency...

also grew chems and ogs buts thats really not what i'm looking for. 

i only did try regular seeds so far, maybe thats the reason...regs seem to die out...sad

• Like 1

I have, well yesterday, ordered a packet of Uncle Fester's Skunk#18 from thenaturalfarm. 

I'm NOT vouching for their story, nor am I calling it bull fertilizer either.

I've been running some Mel Frank Skunk1's, I got from Todd mcCormik. They do not have the stink like Lapis Mountain did, from  Hemp Depot's  RoadKillSkunk I got maybe 10 years ago.

I've not run skunks for many years and got a hankering for them. Now I want to run something with a god awful horrible stench to it, so I'm giving them a shot.

I hope you find what your seeking.

Peakseeds has an Island Sweet Skunk, but I don't know if it's related to any European skunks.

as of right now i don't know of anyone selling old version of skunk #1. maybe closest might be warlock now done by serious seeds. all the rest haven't cut the mustard based on folks who have gorwn out the hopefulls that say they are the real deal in any capacity. some nice plants but not what folks pretend it is or are looking for. you can bet if it is ever offered the skunk will be on fire for the seller. i stopped looking for road kill and stopped looking for the skunk#1 i grew out from seeds of west va. skunk buds. identical to the HT cover photo and i do mean identical. so. maybe the skunk va clone is what you wamt to get ahold of. i have no way to know of it's the same shit i grew. dudes daughter was.is a drug king pin and i mean a real one not the fake small fish. i have no way to find her now and it's possible her dad might not even be alive. idk if  you know folks in VA give them a shout. i got oz for $135 and sold for $12 a gram and no other amount. we all loved that shit.  only thing came like that was some awesome skunk that was dark golden and it's origin was jamaica.  he sold that and wicked chocolate = better than the skunk imho $20 glass vials and if u weren't there early they sold out every day.  nothing sense then have i come across.

• Like 1