•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
organically challenged

Calling all Octopots users

so im getting ready to start a new grow and have seen alot of octopot use on the forum and have a question.  my tent is small, only 32"x32" and i dont have room for a larger footprint.   I have read that 3g octos arent big enough for full grows but i cant fit more than 1 6 gallon octo in the tent.   since im working with non fem seeds i dont want to waste 5-6 weeks of growing only to find out the 1 plant i grew was a male.   They say you shouldnt transplant from container to octos because of root circling.   

my question is this, i have a bunch of smartpots from previous grows ranging from 1gal to 7 gal.   since smart pots airprune so i shouldn't get the circling roots issues could i grow out my seeds in 1 gallon smart pots till i can sex them and transplant the one i want to keep into the 6 gallon octo?

Hi bro  the 6 gal is an 18 inch sq 

I run 4 in a 40 inch x 40 inches tent you may be able to squeeze 2 on an angle 

the 3 gallon work will but you may not be able to veg long So I would scrog the grow 

the 3 gals should be able to complete a grow I can’t see why not 

you will just be filling the Rez more often 

but you should still be able to improve your yield 

in the 6 gall pot with 4 plants i yield 20 plus zips last round 

I’ve been using jacks 20/20/20 in veg and 10/30/20 in bloom 

I do know jetbro tried the 3 gallon ones but preferred the 6 

they are the best way to grow I thank @gardenartus for showing this wonderful things 

I recently bought a 5th  one which I have in a 24 x 24 tent 

with chuckys bride and the scrog net is a must in small spaces 

1203F760-CB2A-45C0-BD8C-0D259E8FDF6D.jpeg

Edited by Papalag
  • Like 4

thanks for the reply, yeah you are right i could get 2 of the 6 gallons in. I have been through your Grow journal with these which made me want to try them out. then i fell down the rabbit hole reading all the Octopot grow journals

the sleeve is interchangeable right?  so you can veg in 3 gallon then move sleeve to 6 gallon rez.

I just finished up a chucky F2 grow a couple months ago.  not the greatest jar appeal but the smell is pretty hard to beat when you open them up.  3oz with 2 plants  2 gallon hempy buckets using cheap CRT fert pellets.  

i keep making seed purchases at sannies plus my old seeds(still have some old Eskobar strains in the vault i want to try) that now i have no idea what i want to grow.  

At what rate are you using the Jacks fertilizer?

• Like 1

Hi there OC 

yes the sleeves are interchangeable :tu

I was running 9  plants in fabric bags before I switched to the Octopots my yield doubled 

so 2 of the 6 gallon ones with a little longer veg will yield more then your current method ! :jpuf puf

ok I’ve never used the 3 gal but 4 in a 32 x 32 tent should do quite well with some creative bending and topping !

as far as what to grow well you can’t go wrong with anything Eskobar imho 

the jacks schedule is a work in progress but this seem to work well 

early veg I/2 teaspoon per gallon of 20/20/20  1/1/1 N/p/k

Late veg 20/20/20   (1 teaspoon) 300 to 500 ppm ,right through transition stage (2 weeks after flip ) 

then weeks 3 throu 5 , 10/30/20  1 teaspoon or 600 ppm  1/3/2 

weeks 6 throu 7 I mix 1/2 teaspoon of 10/30/20 and 1/2 teaspoon of 5/12/26 to make a 1/2/5 ish 

weeks 8 to 9 ish 1 teaspoon per gallon 5/12/26 then clean ph’ed water till finish 1/2/3 

Hope this helps 

paps 

• Like 3

I think I'm going to try my first Octo run after I harvest my current grow.

I have a selection of fem seeds to try (Golden Goat, Bebop, Sugar Punch, Esko's Oaxacan). I can't say Esko's will make it in there, this time around.

• Like 2

i have no idea what im going to grow everyday i change my mind.  going to veg out 6 normal seeds and hope for 1 or 2 females and transfer those to 6 gallon resivours i will purchase later.

i have it narrowed down to 

blueberry quintessa, Bluechem f2, holy princess, black afghani, ouzbekisrtan and silverfields.   so yeah i have a issue lol.

right now im leaning toward blueberry quintessa and bluechem f2 and crossing them.  however i have read alot of good things about Holy Princess and think i should probably crack these 7 year old seeds lol.  idk , I just need to stop buying seeds.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Misterdirt said:

I have a selection of fem seeds to try (Golden Goat, Bebop, Sugar Punch, Esko's Oaxacan).

Hey now Misterdirt. I am running my last seed of Oaxacan now, she's about 6 weeks into flower. I pollinated a couple branches, one with Selene and the other with NAW's Green Manalishi HHP.

In the wings are Koma Blueberry Sativa x Chocolate Thai that are a couple of weeks above ground.  Once sexed GM HHP has a date with one of the ladies, hopefully.

• Like 4

When I start seed I usually start them in a solo cup for the first week easier to handle 

when I water from the top I use 1 gallon which pretty much wets every part 

if you plant seed directly into the Octopot you’ll also need to dome it for a bit 

• Like 3

Since seeds have more of a gravity-seeking taproot, I thought they'd find the reservoir quicker than a clone.

I soak seeds overnight, then use the paper towel method. I'm sure they'll need a dome for a few days, until that root extends.

• Like 2