•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
olsqueak

Hps max watts Vs led ?

Hello,I want know how much watts I must use with new LEDs light ?

I can see grow with 2000w hps for little space with very good harvest in SOG.

For a 4*4 size how much watts is best with LEDs ? A LEDs sellers say me than 500 watts new LEDs it's best because he say me too much leds light can do more bad than good.

My setup 240 watts Quantum board V4 Samsung LM 301h + Cree xpe2 + UV lg.

240w puck v2 rapidleds total 480w.

I can add 180w Cree cxb3590 but if not give me more harvest it's waste of money.

I just want know what's do you think about this ? 

Thanks before for you're help, have good vibes One love.

• Like 1

Thank's for the video,I try to understand all but my english is not perfect....

I try to found same explcation in French.I think 480 watts for 4*4 size box it's ok for a good harvest...240w quantum board Samsung lm 301 h + cree xpe2 + UV lg + 240w 2*120w Puck V2.

Thank's for comments and help.

Have good vibes,One Love.

• Like 1

Hello,I go to rapidleds and it says than 600 watts Cob Cree Cxb3590 seem to be the best Power for a 4*4 grow space.

I need to add my HLG 185 + 4*CXb3590 if i want having this Power.

What's do you think,  plants just start  flowering  stretch it's not finish.Ok add light in this moment ? I think during night if i add or not.

I think if i have it it's better to use it....

Thank's for watcing and comments.

Have good vibes,One Love.

4*4 feet brother.

I hope all is fine for you and you're green lady's.Mine just start to flowering.....Strains The New and Gorilla/skittle.

I think if i must add more light. I have a 4*cxb3590 + hlg 185watts I don't use.Know I have 2*240watts for my 4*4 feets grow box....

If i add my light I have a 660 watts total. 

• Like 1

high    olsqueak   ,  thats  far  2 much power with modern led  2-240w is plenty .i have a 4-4 tent wih 1hi-power 240w quantam board  & a cheap china 100w epistar led,  n its plenty good   !            nice to hear you progressin with your harem:ph34r: brother :D        onelove         sunstone

• Like 1

Hey olsqueak,

I got to thinking after our last PM, maybe I can show you my LED set up. Just remember, I use my light sources more to aid the timing of each tent to the finish times of the different strains I run. It is never perfect, but workable.

I think the fiber measurements are in mm's, or cm's.  My hanging of the fiber measurement shot is not very good. I was just showing how far from bottom of the LED to the tops between 60-70 cm's I think.

I fix my lights, where for many years I moved them around, up and down, and with remote bulbs I could encircle the plants if I chose to. I do not dance them about anymore, set and forget.

Just my way, not that it is the best, but works a treat for me. I hope this helps.

1st pic my LED in a 4' x 4' x 7'6" as it is sold. But on my fiber tape 48" is like 123 cm but the (side of the tent)  actual measure is 102 so not a true 4' x 4' x 7'6"

A flower tent, leftside LED, right side HPS, both fixed height. I hope this helps you!!

10 1 2020 002 HLG.JPG

10 1 2020 004 bottom of HLG.JPG

10 1 2020 003 LED height from light to tops.JPG

10 1 2020 006 next round after topping under HLG LED.JPG

10 1 2020 007 flower room LED set height.JPG

10 1 2020 008 1k hps with T5 reflector above it.JPG

• Like 3