•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Sacred Plant Warrior

What are they

What are these mini little flying creatures ? What did you do to get rid of them if you had them before? Thx I’m advance. 

So, I was able to finger kill one and still get a picture.  They are tiny as fuck too. 

They crawl around the top of the medium and fly and land on leaves as well. 

I can’t say they do anything harmful to the plants but I rather be safe than sorry. 

I’ll bomb the basement and also room that is slated for a tent run after clean up. 

292A9DC6-B687-46A1-8805-63E5D697D717.jpeg

151BA93F-00DD-4936-9688-F6E7031BFADE.jpeg

I cannot really see it well enough to say. But what I can see I do not recognize as something I've dealt with myself. 

hell based on google pictures and descriptions of how tiny they are i think they are fungus gnats after all. so i'll stick to the fels naptha soap spray. apparently adults don't harm anything it's the larvae that fuck with the  roots. apparently DE is supposed to work and i have used it on top of the medium when dry. which is weird since letting the soil dry out between watering should stop them from laying eggs in the soil. that's why i was thinking they weren't fungus gnats. ijs

i have stopped using the water catcher and will dump it like i did yesterday. will mos def use de a little heavier in the soil medium before using it again.  what's weird is i didn't notice them with the other plants just harvested awhile back. ijs wacko

Sounds like fungus gnats.

They are more of a nuisance than anything else, I wouldn't go nuts spraying anything unless it's not in flower. Try yellow sticky traps. If you find them flying by your face while you're doing other things around the house, you might consider beneficial nematodes. Once you buy them, if you reuse your soil, they can last for a long time. They are the most effective remedy I've tried.

• Like 3

Just lay dryer sheets on the soil surface.

741840890_theharem.thumb.JPG.8f8129bf985debc79b1a61654be90511.JPGFlyers are repelled by it and can't lay eggs through it. New hatch are trapped under it. Have used Kirkland unscented sheets since 2008 and not a single gnat indoors or out, in the tropics.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2020 at 2:57 AM, Wee Zard said:

Just lay dryer sheets on the soil surface.

741840890_theharem.thumb.JPG.8f8129bf985debc79b1a61654be90511.JPGFlyers are repelled by it and can't lay eggs through it. New hatch are trapped under it. Have used Kirkland unscented sheets since 2008 and not a single gnat indoors or out, in the tropics.

thx that's an awesome solution. i was just about to ask what type of sand to buy.

still up. eating samich and pot salad. bbq pork rinds. thx so much dude

• Like 2

hy  wee zard  inventive pragmatism.   love it when peeps find inexpencive solutions to a problem most suffer!    bravo!   onelove        sunstone       happyweedhappyhead .  this is more like it,   if only we all could add  'quality tip,s'    if it works ?   wish my head  worked that well!

• Thanks 1