•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
organically challenged

Sannies Jack, USC Uzbekistan Octopot time

So after reading so many great grow reports featuring octopots i had to give them a try. bought a 6 pack of the 3 gallon.

so after thumbing through my seed vault, buying more seeds and generally having no idea what i wanted to grow i finally decided to go with Sannies jack and USC Uzbekistan.   the 4 jacks have germinated in the towel and the 3 Uzbekistan are just starting to crack it looks like.    im going to start them out in a some small garden plant containers till they get their first set of true leaves before transplanting to the octos.    bought a new 2'x4' tent that should be here thursday.   For fert i will be using Jacks dry fert.    Thinking im going to make a attempt to mainline these plants.  They will be under a mars hydro ts1000 and a spider farmer SF1000

• Like 5

Good luck. I'm going to do my first Octo grow as soon as I find some plants that I want a lot of weed from. So far, I have one, but it's a heavy indica and I only smoke that for sleep.

I was going to start with fems that I never tried before, then I imagined having a ton of weed that didn't really do it for me, and decided to continue searching.

Of course, I think a couple of the plants I'm now growing might fit my, "I wouldn't mind a lot of this in my stash," requirements.

• Like 2

Go for the Chucky's Bride you recently received. I bet you will like that one. :)

• Like 2

so the Uzbeks wouldnt break free of their shells,  tried breaking them out of the shell and maybe got one out fine that i planted back into starter cup. popped a couple more sannies jacks so now i have 6 jacks and 1 possible uzbek.  the jacks will go into the octos and if the Uzbek makes it i will plant into smart pots for the run.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, organically challenged said:

so the Uzbeks wouldnt break free of their shells,  tried breaking them out of the shell and maybe got one out fine that i planted back into starter cup. popped a couple more sannies jacks so now i have 6 jacks and 1 possible uzbek.  the jacks will go into the octos and if the Uzbek makes it i will plant into smart pots for the run.  

Are those Uzbek’s from the first batch he released? If so they were like tanks and had to be scuffed in a sandpaper tube for them to crack right.

• Like 2

got my new 2'x4' tent set up. spent some extra money on a secret jardin tent since it had the extra height over the amazon 2x4 tents.   tent was well worth the extra money compared to my other tents i have.  4 jacks are just starting to get thier first leaves.  2 jacks i planted later have sprouted but havent broke the surface yet.  1 uzbeck i removed form the shell and planted looks like it might make it.   will post picks once i get my new 4" fan and get everything looking nice.  

• Like 1

Good luck with the Octopot grow  they are the best way to grow ( thanks @gardenartus

I see your using jacks  it’s some great stuff , I’ve been using jacks now for about 3 grows. what formula are you using at what stage ? 

• Like 1

im going to follow what you posted in my octopot thread

im currently using the 20/20/20 and will use that through 2 weeks in flower then switch to the 10/30/20

for the seedlings i just went with 1/4 tsp to a gallon of water and wetted the promix in the starter pots.  

i will go 1/2 tsp first watering when i transfer to the octos then 1 tsp from there on out. 

You will be very happy with the results , 

so far in my small tent the Chuckys Bride is now in week 7 of the feeding schedule I boosted the PPm ‘s to 1030 using jack 1/3/3 

week 8 I’ll switch to 1/2/5 npk till the end 

if you don’t mind here’s a quick peek 

paps 

042F50E3-EB36-479D-AFFE-5125DF96982E.jpeg

A16C182F-5EBD-45EC-AC14-685C44EF710D.jpeg

• Like 7

Got 4 in the octopots. The other 2 will go into 1 gallon smart pots for now.  Top watered 1/2 gallon at 1/2 tsp of Jack's.   Added 1.5 gallons of the mix to each rez which brought them up to the 1st line on the bobber.   Installed new 4" inline fan , pretty small and made of plastic not what I was expecting, we will see if it holds up when the carbon filter gets attached .   Right now I just have the spiderfarmer 1000 for light, may add the mars hydro next week.  

IMG_20201016_122004.jpg

IMG_20201016_121931.jpg

• Like 3

Just look at those tiny plants in those giant pots!

• Like 2

I like the 3 gallon pots :verrygood 

you’ll find if you started in the solo cups and let them establish roots for 8 to 10 days there easer to deal with 

were these fem seeds? 

just my 2 cents 

paps 

• Like 1

yeah they spent a week in the starter cups before transplant.   no these are regular seeds so hoping for 1 or 2 females.    i was hoping to get 2 of these side by side in the tent but the frame of the tent is counted as part of the 24" footprint so to get them in so i had to sit the one pot on a stack of plastic lids to even out the height of the tent frame. 

so question about watering.  filled up rez to the first line yesterday and today the bobbers were all the way down which wasnt a surprise, i filled the bags a week ago when i thought i was going to plant the seed in the bag right away so the mix was pretty dry.   anyways i filled them back up to the first line again today but noticed there was still probably 3/4 of a gallon of water in the rez even thought he bobber was completely down.  Do you guys water as soon as the bobber goes down or when the rez is truly empty?  

• Like 1

I decided to try to make some ghetto octos , cut the bottom off of a couple 5 gallon buckets and used some old 3 gallon smart pots.  The my fit pretty much perfect.  Cut a notch in the top of the basin to allow watering without completely removing the grow bag. Will use a chop stick to check water depth.  IMG_20201018_164953.thumb.jpg.11683d1e83f4a38553bc238baa32a101.jpg

• Like 4

Hi there  watering the 3 gallon well need to be filled a bit more often then the 6 gallon ones I say fill the Rez all the way 

the  3 gallon bags should take about 6 to 8 days to hit the Rez my 6 gallon bags  take 14 days 

I see no issues with them it it were me I’d use clones and run all 4 of your Octopots in that tent with a scrog net 

question the bags are 3 gallons or did you get the 6 

love the Ghetto pots 

best of luck 

paps 

Edited by Papalag
  • Like 1

the 2 smart pots are 3 gallon and the 4 octopot bags are the 6 gallon. Even though they are the 3 gallon rez version they still came with the 6 gallon grow bags.   It was alot easier to fill the modified smart pot over their bags because the smart pots seem to hold their shape more. as you can see from my pic my bags look like a Italian structure in Pisa.  hopefully i get one female in each type of bag so i can put them up against each other.  if they work well i will probably buy some 5 gallon smart pots to replace the octobags.

• Like 1

I fold the bag down and make it a 5 gallon bag lol 

if you cut out the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket it will act as a guide to keep the bag straight also the net pot in side needs to be level 

• Like 2

Added the 2nd led panel so we have the spiderfarmer on the left and the mars hydro on the right.  Both are running full power.   

Mix is 1/2 teaspoon of Jack's, 1 tsp of cal mag and 2ml of hydroguard.  Will keep this till I get roots in the rez then bump up to 1tsp of Jack's.  

IMG_20201024_173627.jpg

IMG_20201024_173652.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, organically challenged said:

Added the 2nd led panel so we have the spiderfarmer on the left and the mars hydro on the right.  Both are running full power.   

Mix is 1/2 teaspoon of Jack's, 1 tsp of cal mag and 2ml of hydroguard.  Will keep this till I get roots in the rez then bump up to 1tsp of Jack's.  

IMG_20201024_173627.jpg

IMG_20201024_173652.jpg

Looks great my friend when they hit the Rez they’ll explode in growth you’ll see the difference quickly