•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
organically challenged

Sannies Jack, USC Uzbekistan Octopot time

On 11/1/2020 at 8:17 PM, organically challenged said:

Starting to get some roots poking out the bottom, filling rez to the 2nd line now.  Plants all got hair cuts today.   Going to give them a day or 2 to recover then strip the bottom growth and start the main line.   Added a humidifier as it was getting to low 30s due to the furnace running.    Also added some hot pepper seeds to the tent, figured might as well use the heat from the led fixtures to keep them warm.  

IMG_20201101_190657.jpg

IMG_20201101_190705.jpg

IMG_20201101_190716.jpg

Your plants look fantastic ! 
grow space is kept clean and it’s looking great 

• Thanks 1

Have you ever immediately regretted your decision on plant training?  Idk why I decided to mainline these plants.  Hopefully they come back but they havnt been the same since I cut them back.  One plant is getting what I think is calcium deficiency?  I have been using the Jack's at 1tsp , 1 tsp cal/mag to 1 gallon of RO water.  The other plants don't seem to be showing any signs which is wierd.  Should I up to 2tsp per gal of cal mag or is it something else? I'm also getting some dark purple on my stems.  

I'm also getting some wierd leaf curl/spindly leaves on 3 of my plants, the 2 plants in the 3 gallon bags don't have this issue.   Only thing I can think of is that the humidifier is right where these plants are and the other 2 plants that are fine are on the other side of the tent.  Lights off humidity Max's out at 65% at night and hovers at 40% during lights on.  Temps go from low of 66 to high of 84.  

Shit gas gone sideways quick lol, should have left the bastards alone. 

IMG_20201105_174634.jpg

IMG_20201105_174643.jpg

IMG_20201105_174656.jpg

IMG_20201105_174718.jpg

IMG_20201105_174727.jpg

IMG_20201105_174731.jpg

• Like 2

They mostly look good some problems on the lower leaves new growth looks just fine 

the lower leaves looks more like trace minerals diff baron copper something stupid like that some Epson salts helps you can spray on leaves it helps  

I mainline practically every time.  You'll be happy later on when they are nice and uniform and the same height.  Keep training to a 4 pak and follow Nugbuckets tutorial.

• Like 1

I agree with @Tiger nugbuchets is a great mine iam doing the same this run 

Now that the plants have grown back I'm back onboard with the mainline, just sucked seeing them so small after cutting back the plants.  

Update, removed one confirmed male.  Middle back plant is only confirmed female.  Far left plant has me puzzled.  Added pictures of the preflowers for help. They are pointed like a female preflowers but no pistil.  There are also round like a ball so I'm confused. Preflowers always seem to mess with my head on what I'm looking at.  

Upped to 1.5 tsp of Jack's(7.5g) 2 tsp of cal mag and 2 ml of hydroguard.  Foliar spray with liquid seaweed mix.

IMG_20201112_141225.jpg

IMG_20201112_141236.jpg

IMG_20201112_141245.jpg

IMG_20201112_141434.jpg

IMG_20201112_141537.jpg

• Like 6

The last one looks like a definite female to me, but the one just above it looks more like a male!

If it's relatively smooth and pointed, it's usually a female. If there are fringes and fuzziness, it's usually a boy. Looks like you'll have to see if a pistil pops out. 

I ended up pulling the one , so down to 3 plants, 1 confirmed female(middle plant) and 2 that have not even hinted at sex yet.   Last topping done just waiting to get them to grow out a bit before flipping.   Still getting some leaf curl and was looks like something eating a hole in some leaves.   I dumped the rez on the far left today and refilled with plain water with the hydroguard and cal/mag. Will probably do the same with the other 2 when they need a new watering.  Some tip burn so not sure if the leaf curl is from over fertilizing or not.  

IMG_20201116_190036.jpg

IMG_20201116_190043.jpg

IMG_20201116_190051.jpg

IMG_20201116_190105.jpg

• Like 3

Well idk what im doing wrong but plants are looking rough. I'm getting nitrogen toxicity claw on one plant and new growth on all plants are looking off, growth has slowed down significantly and so is water intake.  I think I didn't add enough perlite to the Promix in the lower 1/3 of the bags, the bottom 1/3 of the bags are wet to the touch.  I have alot of roots In the rezs but I'm wondering if the bulk of my roots in the bag are suspect.  

I moved a fan to blow directly on the bags on high and I'm going to go a few days before watering again.  I don't think I will fill past the first line anymore since when I switched to filling to the 2nd line is when things went down hill.   Was going to give them a few more weeks of veg but I'm flipping flower today.  

IMG_20201121_145335.jpg

IMG_20201121_145342.jpg

IMG_20201121_145347.jpg

IMG_20201121_145353.jpg

• Like 1

That looks like an Mg problem to me. I don't see the clawing from N that you're talking about.

The growing points look great, the deficiency symptoms are on the lower leaves, so it is a mobile nutrient in the plant. That rules out immobile nutes, like calcium.

So it could be a pH issue, a deficiency of Mg in the nutrient solution or too much of another nutrient is interfering with uptake of Mg. (I think phosphorus can do that.)