•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
tacman7

Storage Containers

Thinking about using some of these to store pot in:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Homes-Gardens-Flip-Tite-Square-Container-19-4-Cups/485380993

Should be ok, unless it has Pfas or something.

What's everyone doing for storage, mason jars?

50 gal drums?

It's all about a great seal for me.

Mason jar,  wide mouth,  hands down, and they have dozens of other uses. I have about 13+ cases total, of quart size, a couple of cases of 1/2 gal, and a bunch of pint size jars for jelly and jam storage and gifts.

I used a couple of totes once, when I cut a room of BluZars, and I found for me, it did not slow down (much)  the drying process, however that container you posted should do a fine job, as it seals well I'm sure.

I'll be going to 50 gallon drums once I complete the new set up, and run it and get the gremlins out of it. Joe King!

• Like 1

I use mason jars, but they can be a hassle unless you have some big ones. Most of mine are about a quart, which is often too small. I like to put all of a plant's buds in one jar.

• Like 1

A couple of years ago my mother in law, needed some new mini blinds, and being the cheap fuck that I am, when I swapped them out for her, and as I was just about to launch them into a large industrial trash hopper, I have access to, weird guy voice popped into my head and said reuse them you hick, there are miles of labels there, just waiting to cut out of the mini blinds. 

You snip a couple of strings and they unzip, if you will, chop them down, dedicate a black marker, and I label everything. Since I'm also a bit of a strain whore,  so we do not get all toleranced up to a given strain, I'll bring a jar from my stash site, smoke from it for an evening, then swap it out for something else. 

I usually pull 3-5 quart jars per plant. I pack kolas in one, lollypops in another, lower buds bigger than a $.50 cent piece in another. Anything smaller than that go to the  edible  tote. Early on I used a sticker from a sheet of tabs, but after a while in the freezer they can fall off, that is why I opted to label in the jar myself.

You also never need humidity supplementation as long as you swap a ring once every few years, and do not crush seal them each time opened. I used old food jars early on, but really did not care for the way the buds over dried after 5-6 months.

So many ways, just my silly way!!

14 hours ago, tacman7 said:

Thinking about using some of these to store pot in:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Homes-Gardens-Flip-Tite-Square-Container-19-4-Cups/485380993

Should be ok, unless it has Pfas or something.

What's everyone doing for storage, mason jars?

50 gal drums?

I have a container like that, it’s plastic and doesn’t work as well as a mason jar. I use the quart and half gallon wide mouths in the dark Amber UV glass.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 11:56 AM, baqualin said:

I use the quart and half gallon wide mouths in the dark Amber UV glass.

Hey now Baqualin.
Where did you source your Amber jars? Everywhere I looked they were not in stock. I have a couple purple Selene ladies that are gonna need bigger jars.

3 hours ago, Shoeless said:

Hey now Baqualin.
Where did you source your Amber jars? Everywhere I looked they were not in stock. I have a couple purple Selene ladies that are gonna need bigger jars.

Walmart,  last fall they had them on sale for a stupid low price and I bought all they had in  stock. They might have been on close out. I just found them on Amazon, but they’re expensive, $21 each for 32oz, I paid $9.98 for a 4 pack of 32’s and the same for a 2 pack of 64’s, I cleaned out two stores here.

• Like 2

Thanks Baq. Here's a shot of the Selene ladies in the back. Blueberry Sativa x Chocolate Thai is up front.

20201111_135211.jpg

• Like 6

I made some sleeves for a couple of jars, with my seal a meal and black/white plastic sheeting that worked very well.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Shoeless said:

Thanks Baq. Here's a shot of the Selene ladies in the back. Blueberry Sativa x Chocolate Thai is up front.

20201111_135211.jpg

The BBS x CT has me curious???

When we used to vape I tried to put my weed away moist because that vapes better.

Only thing you have to watch out for there is mold, so I dried them to 50% humidity using a calibur 3 meter.

We would put them in jars when they were good and stable, never had a jar mold on me.

But the way my hands are now I cut out as much hand activity as possible so I don't do jars anymore.

I like these things I linked to. Having a hard time finding the big ones, these are 16 cup size but they have a 19 cup one I have to order.

I dry this stuff much drier but not bone dry, there's enough that some 'curing' may occur, maybe.

Minimal trimming but I don't loose any medicine that way. Works fine for cooking. 

container.JPG

• Like 3

5 hours ago, baqualin said:

The BBS x CT has me curious???

This is a cross by me using Koma's BBS and a Hazeman Chocolate Thai male. This is my first go at them.  Absolutely no selection, the male was the only seed of 5 to make it and the BBS was the bulkier of 2 females.

They are 27 days in flower, one has a sweet berry smell like BBS, the other 2 are more neutral, maybe a hint of citrus. PM me if you want to try em out.

• Like 1

that is an amazing combo, shoeless *kudos* (!) i love it when people create fire!
i made something similar that also turned out great (= esko BBS x drawoh CT F4)

• Thanks 1

Thanks San. We'll see about fire, but I do expect good things. Unfortunately, I never got a female out of the CT to experience her, so I do not know what to expect from a CT leaning lady in this cross.

• Like 2

On 11/12/2020 at 3:00 AM, Shoeless said:

20201111_135211.jpg

hey man, is that the Selene f2? I have some of those seeds and yours look absolutely gorgeous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey now Halforc. These Selene beans are an F2 made by Indican quite a while ago. Very thick buds, still throwing pistils at almost 11 weeks on the left rear. The right rear is 2 weeks behind and looks to be finishing quicker. Right rear is also more dense, though both are heavy. Buds are about 3" wide on left rear.

For reference, they are grown in 15 gallon bags of Coot's Mix.

• Thanks 1