•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Looks great, going to be a stinky ass tent!!

18 hours ago, organically challenged said:

what LED company did you go with or is it a pure DIY build?

HLG. One of their vendors had a sale last year, late November/early December, so I got an HLG-600H Quantum Board V2 RSpec DIY Kit - 620 Watt (Full-Cycle / Flower).

12 hours ago, baqualin said:

Looks great, going to be a stinky ass tent!!

That's my hope! The Bebop is going to stink to high heaven. The others seem to be more at a normal level of stink.

20 hours ago, oldschoolsg said:

About to get a very full 5x5! :verrygood

good luck! Let us know how the led project goes 

:wave:

That's a 5 x 5 in the first picture, a 3 x 3 in the second. Something seemed missing...

What are you waiting for to show us your other tent? ;) 

What's missing is the 4 x 4 that I don't have yet. I need a camera that can capture the future.

• Like 1

BTW, that aero cloner rooted 24 out of 24 cuttings in less than 2 weeks. I was only getting half that by putting them in those spongy plugs. Maybe I should try putting rooting hormone in the water and see if that speeds it up.

• Like 1

My previous tips about bubble cloners will apply to your aero cloner as well and should reduce your timeframe to 7-10 days for plantable roots.

I see the new fangled cloners are using transducers to create fog like a humidifier. Always something "better" coming around...lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BeachBud said:

My previous tips about bubble cloners will apply to your aero cloner as well and should reduce your timeframe to 7-10 days for plantable roots.

I see the new fangled cloners are using transducers to create fog like a humidifier. Always something "better" coming around...lol

In fairness to the aero-cloner, I kind of waited longer than necessary. It should have been around a week and a half. But there was definitely noting plantable at 7 days.

• Like 1

A dozen days later, the stretch is on.

IMG_6243.thumb.jpeg.584381a6368eed8d195b2a08bb312991.jpeg

One of the Golden Goats got the ax. I really didn't have enough room for everything, so the sickly one had to go. Her cutting rooted, so I'll check her out next time.

The other Golden Goats were miraculously cured of their high pH with regular additions of pH 5 water (from pH Down), and their Manganese(?) deficiency cleared up:

IMG_6248.thumb.jpeg.7348f9c5e07246c061aba57a86802ac1.jpeg

You can still see the light color on that young fan leaf, but it was much worse.

This one didn't have much problem with soil pH. it's soil came from a different mix. She's got very elongated leaflets:

IMG_6249.thumb.jpeg.0ea9df7352a4502117e80bcd7378e7df.jpeg

A Sugar Punch:

IMG_6245.thumb.jpeg.ae0fbb79117b9c9509c001d6cd08050f.jpeg

A big ol' Bebop:

IMG_6246.thumb.jpeg.86191cf2b61e1d933ea73eb66b2fa3a0.jpeg

A Planet of the Grapes:

IMG_6250.thumb.jpeg.3851a234a314133ab494d03bec87bfaa.jpeg

Bebop, Sugar Punch and Planet of the Grapes are very vigorous growers. One of the three Golden Goats were also vigorous, but I think that strain needs a low pH. Next time I grow it, assuming I like it, I'll go for 6.2 or so.

My DIY LED kit has not yet assembled itself. I might call the manufacturer to explain himself.

Uh-oh. Phantom pic.

IMG_6245.jpeg

• Like 6

I've finally done it: Opened the box for my DIY HLG LED kit and put it together. The HPS and MH lighting is now officially retired — at the 2 weeks in flower mark for the girls.

I am monitoring temperatures and will likely be adding heat tomorrow. I think the temps in the tent will only be in the low 60s (about 17-18 C).

IMG_6255.thumb.jpeg.d76b3a04d0d2bcfa73dfe48b53fb4440.jpeg

This is dimmed to about 3/4 power. They are bright as fuck. (As we all know, fuck is the standard for brightness.) They got about 3 hours of this yesterday. Today will be their first full day of bright AF.

Extra bonus: no more photos lit with HPS!

• Like 8

Hi Mr d  they make a great light 

I got a smaller one for the 24 x 24 tent it’s easy to assemble and they do a great job and easy on the eyes lol 

the plants look wonderful as usual 

hope it works well for you I also got a California lightworks full spectrum for the big tent 

both are a lot of lights for the money 

peace 

paps 

• Like 2

Congrats :verrygood

ive notice with led,growth is at its optimal at 23-24 celcius.

im sure you will be pleased with the results 

:D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldschoolsg said:

Congrats :verrygood

ive notice with led,growth is at its optimal at 23-24 celcius.

im sure you will be pleased with the results 

:D

I will aim for that. I already put a space heater in the area of my tents, about an hour ago. I'll see what my temperature logger says.

80 that is getting tropical :lol:

you also don’t want your leds to overheat that’s what shortened their life expectancies. It is recommended to have a fan blowing straight on them for that reason. 

Man just for the energy saving/ efficiency these are awesome! Expect much more compact buds and impressive crystal production 

:verrygood

• Like 2

Well for me, no flower unless I got it into the low 80s, then glorious flower! I had to take some 16 weeks to finish up, the rooms were in the 70s, once I got it up to the 80s, they started flowering. They were very large lol created gorgeous plants, but nothing but spit for bud, Like they stay stunted in week 3 or 4,  till I got the heat in the 80s.

With LED you want to run your tent temp around 75 in veg and 82 in flower. I’ve been running the HLG 600 H kit for going on 3 years now and love it. You will have to add heat to the room, these units don’t put out much heat, the ballast will when turned up, so  I set a small ac computer fan on top of the heat sink to blow on the ballast and it runs cool as a cucumber. Once you get a few runs you won’t turn back.

On another note 5 outta 5 on the BBQ! Thanks!!

• Like 2

Throw your hps in an other tent next to it for more heat :D and more weed lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, oldschoolsg said:

Throw your hps in an other tent next to it for more heat :D and more weed lol

I don't have that tent yet.

I'm beginning to think I will need to add another circuit. I've been avoiding that, imagining myself as an x-ray image with arcs of electricity coming off me.

I got a slight case of Long-Flowering-Sativa-PTSD, from that Willie Nelson I grew a couple of years ago. It was triggered again by the sight of one of the Golden Goat girls. Maybe I'm over-reacting.

Here's a Bebop and a Sugar Punch, at 2 weeks, 3 days of flower:

Bebop:

IMG_6258.thumb.jpeg.732cb6478e592bdd2a45058c13b24000.jpeg

Sugar Punch:

IMG_6260.thumb.jpeg.5bf863823a87b12b5dd46c7b3c146142.jpeg

Golden Goat B:

IMG_6259.thumb.jpeg.40122cd5b17c81b689d5462f0827bc9a.jpeg

AIEEEE!!

The other Golden Goat is at the same stage of development as the other plants in the grow.

Golden Goat is clone-only, and this is from a selfed fem. One of the grandparents is "Hawaiian sativa." I imagine this pheno leans heavily toward that grandmother.

The other grandparent on that side of the family is Romulan. This cross was crossed (accidentally) to a female Sweet Skunk. Neither of those are known to go long, so there better be no 13 week+ crap.

• Like 5

I know, I know: You've been walking around thinking, "What do Mr. Dirt's plants smell like, at 3 weeks?" Well I'm here for you.

Bebop: This is the Arise x Blueberry Cookies cross. It has the most powerful scent, at this time — sweet and fruity — and it is surprisingly powerful scent for 3 weeks in flower. Stem rubs give off a much stankier, skunk/OG/dumpster scent.

Sugar Punch: Sweet, "green" scent. Even sweeter smelling than the Bebop.

Planet of the Grapes: This one does have a grape-like, sweet scent, but not well developed yet.

Golden Goat: Another "green" scent, but not sweet. Not well developed yet. The less mature gal, above, is now developing nicer looking buds.

Lemon Sunrise cut: Lemon pledge.

Storm Shadow cut: I can't tell what I'm getting from this one. Nothing much from the trichs.

Things are moving boringly along (thankfully). The pH issue with the Golden Goats seems to be over. Next time I grow this strain, assuming I like it, The soil pH will be down around 6.2. I think this gal just likes a little acid. (Too bad we didn't meet when I was into a lot of acid.)

Anyway, while I know the Lemon Sunrise gal will be cherished, since I cherish it now, it's the Bebops that have me excited now.

• Like 3

The plants finished 4 weeks of flower. All is healthy, scents are developing.

Here's the whole gang. The one sticking up beyond the canopy is a Sugar Punch. I wasn't expecting misbehavior from that one. Squashed that stem at least twice.

IMG_6303.thumb.jpeg.d67c05e870b715559ac1ccb64e0674a9.jpeg

In spite of the soil pH fiasco on the Golden Goats, they seem fine now. Their clones are bent out of shape, and I put them in Ocean Forest. Looks like I'll have to experiment on pH for two of the three.

The Storm Shadow clone, who is getting a second chance to prover herself — not a lot of scent development yet — some skunkiness, some fuel, some stinkfoot, but not strong.

IMG_6305.thumb.jpeg.e67223839527cb0bbda6786ce952f9d6.jpeg

Planet of the Grapes all have red/purple leaf veins. Stems are green, so this must be a trait of the ~cultivar~.

IMG_6306.thumb.jpeg.6ef9052ef469dda6cd2d8f656c9db6cf.jpeg

All three have a grapey scent, but at three different intensities. There is a lot more going on in there, scent-wise, but I can't tell what's what yet.

Here's a closeup of that canopy-breaking Sugar Punch top. Sweet and "green" is the scent from rubbing trichs. Not well developed yet.

IMG_6308.thumb.jpeg.870c06bbc3a093c24169061463af0071.jpeg

Now the Golden Goats. This is the squat one, which had the pH-related micronutrient problem pretty bad. I'm guessing the shortness is from the Romulan grandparent, but I've never grown Romulan, so that's a wild guess.

IMG_6309.thumb.jpeg.3ec553948f932ba64b6ead208abe68e1.jpeg

This is the more sativa-looking one that gave me long-running-sativa-PTSD episode. I think she's catching up, though. I don't expect an unusually long flowering period.

I'm calling it the hallelujah pheno, because of the way it holds its leaves.

IMG_6310.thumb.jpeg.f83fbc2b57e13f482d1e2688bf6f27bd.jpeg

And finally, the Bebop. All three smell sweet and fruity, one also has a very noticeable mint scent, from the Cookies grandparent (whichever cookie it might be).

We dog sat a dog for one night, and I now see there's a fucking dog hair on it. Time to put some filters on the intakes.

IMG_6304.thumb.jpeg.ae213fbb1d96c4be860c8a9dd004243d.jpeg

Well, until they're a week older, see ya.

• Like 6

It's been a while since a plant got colorful for me. Must be the polar vortex.

All the Planet of the Grapes have red/purple leaf veins. Now one is going totally purple. Not calyxes, though.

150851513_IMG_6314cu.thumb.jpg.dfe7c465431c5b0515b84527b60bb140.jpg

Now that I'm growing this, I realize I never grew a grape-scented strain before. Sweet and intense. 

• Like 4