•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
tacman7

Grub Worms

My cousin said I have grub worms now. Didn't hurt the plants this year or maybe they're just getting going.

Season is over but I'm going to plant seeds for a winter cover crop to replenish the soil hopefully.

Thinking about trying this stuff:

https://www.arbico-organics.com/product/nemaseek-beneficial-nematodes-hb-heterorhabditis-bacteriophora/beneficial-nematodes/?added=y&pid=2401

Any other ideas?

Thanks

• Like 1

I highly recommend beneficial nematodes for any pest that has a larval stage in the soil — grubs, fungus gnats, other fly larva, root aphids, etc. They definitely work.

I tend to lay them on heavier than recommended, because I use it in an indoor grow that is definitely less than the 1600 or so square feet the smallest amount is supposed to treat. But a severe fungus gnat infestation, where gnats were flying in front of my face in any room of the house, was eliminated within 2 weeks. (The effect is not instantaneous.)

• Like 1

I've never tried nematodes, works for some people, guess if they're dead when you get them they don't work so good.

So have to really plan the shipping and pickup, I might be able to examine them with microscope to see if they're alive...

I guess I'll go ahead and get them and put them on, just getting ready to plant some winter cover crop to help the soil etc.

Hope that's a good first step.

My friend was telling me to put rock phosphate on the beds now and they would be available a year from now at flower season.

He tells me other things as well but I like this idea.

Thanks

nematodes will come in you re soil if you use

lime

lavameel

melasse

fresh worm casting from canna

bacto end mychorizha and trechoderma

and then leave you re soil like it is..

once a week water+bacto+molasses and you re soil will be alive with bacterias microbes nematodes etc...

and our prefered plant will take its selve the nutrient that is availeble and when in bloom bac bloom and bac pk booster.

grtz and grow on ....

• Like 1

This is no till that's been going two seasons.

Some bugs got in late in the season and laid eggs apparently.

I'm just going to add to the beds to keep them going and I can't kill the live worms living there.

This years grow was good too. So the beds just had some infestation on the tops we hope.