•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Sacred Plant Warrior

HOW DO U VENT 500w led in a 4'x4' tent

so, how are u tent growers venting while using high wattage led's i was already set to run an old style good etc. as the shit is all brand new and unused. but no need for the hood while using the led quantum board type light. i have a gorilla shorty but will be buying the extra extension in feb. 

can anyone show me how your tent is set up with such lights. thx

i saw these two videos which is what i envisioned in my mind. i posted this already but don't know what happened. smdh

Hey now SPW.  I am venting a 3x3 Shorty without extentions, 480w Quantum board that puts out just over 500w, using a 6" AC Infinity fan pulling through a carbon filter in the tent.  I have 4 PC fans wired to cellphone chargers for air movement.

I lose about 12" of height with the filter in the tent, but everything I have come across says it is more efficient to pull than push through the filter.

I recently realized I was making a mistake having a fan blowing across the light/ballast.  Turns out I have been inadvertently adding about 8°F to the tent. The fan died and temps dropped  down to low/mid 80s with light cranked. I have no plans to replace that fan, but keep in mind this is specific to my tent. Some may want or need the extra heat.

Hope this helps. Oh yeah, turn down your lights when popping your head in there. Those boards can burn the top of your melon pretty quick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you push air through a carbon filter, won't it clog it sooner?

If the intake is spread over the entire outside surface, the dust that collects on it will be more spread out. If you push air through, the inner surface area of the filter is much smaller and I imagine it would impede air flow.

• Like 1

Hey SPW, Gary is decent dude. We may do some things differently, as growers, as so many different ways to get air exchange.

I've never liked the filter in the grow area myself. However, it does remove it from sight, and since I'm a hopeless cheap fuck,  I use 1 big ass filter, pulling from each tent top.

I had to tear down a 4 x 4 x 6'6" tent, and retired that tent. Then move all of the occupants, (small veggers/1 gallon pots,) then into a new Gorilla Lite 4 x 4 x 6'6" tent. I'm using HLG's $99.00 LED in it, and the wee beast is almost to powerful for my holding needs!! I honestly am thinking of removing it, and putting the T5's back in, to slow them down. I got to top the hell out of them already to buy more time.

Your LED will boil out the buds for sure!

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2021 at 8:04 AM, Sacred Plant Warrior said:

so, how are u tent growers venting while using high wattage led's i was already set to run an old style good etc. as the shit is all brand new and unused. but no need for the hood while using the led quantum board type light. i have a gorilla shorty but will be buying the extra extension in feb. 

can anyone show me how your tent is set up with such lights. thx

i saw these two videos which is what i envisioned in my mind. i posted this already but don't know what happened. smdh

Hey man I run a hlg 550 with a 6 inch internal fan in a 5x5 tent. I’m far from an experienced grower though but it seems to work ok for me. 

cheers